Sneaker Thread

952,406 Views | 14644 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by vmiaptetr
StringerBell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

jeffk
AG
lolz
zgolfz85
AG
Cool, go to a sneaker show and try to sell all your heat then. Or go advertise your "heat" on a sneakerhead group on Facebook and be told just the same as I just said. There's a huge network of people that eat and breathe rare sneakers 24/7 and that's where the term heat originated, not just shoes that any one person thinks are cool. Heat is quite literally an industry term. There are people that casually like phish and there are phish heads. I think I summed it up pretty nicely at the end…if you want to say heat, then say it…just don't say it at a sneaker convention unless it's their definition of heat. Just cuz some people stumbled onto the sneakerhead lifestyle yesterday doesn't make what I said untrue. You can think it's dewshy all day long and you're probably right because at the end of the day, we're talking about shoes made for pennies on the dollar in Chinese sweatshops that are being bought up for astronomical numbers based on nothing more than a cult group arbitrarily defining them as must haves.

You can certainly go on the Houston watch thread if you'd like and talk about all the cool fossil watches you have and I guarantee you'll be hit with way way dewshier responses.
Prophet00
AG
Lol
StringerBell
AG
He's right You guys would NEVER fit in at a sneaker industry convention using that kind of language
powerbelly
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Cool, go to a sneaker show and try to sell all your heat then. Or go advertise your "heat" on a sneakerhead group on Facebook and be told just the same as I just said. There's a huge network of people that eat and breathe rare sneakers 24/7 and that's where the term heat originated, not just shoes that any one person thinks are cool. Heat is quite literally an industry term. There are people that casually like phish and there are phish heads. I think I summed it up pretty nicely at the end…if you want to say heat, then say it…just don't say it at a sneaker convention unless it's their definition of heat. Just cuz some people stumbled onto the sneakerhead lifestyle yesterday doesn't make what I said untrue. You can think it's dewshy all day long and you're probably right because at the end of the day, we're talking about shoes made for pennies on the dollar in Chinese sweatshops that are being bought up for astronomical numbers based on nothing more than a cult group arbitrarily defining them as must haves.

You can certainly go on the Houston watch thread if you'd like and talk about all the cool fossil watches you have and I guarantee you'll be hit with way way dewshier responses.

You must be confused, I have never used the word "heat" anywhere on this thread.

I may start now that I see how triggered you get
zgolfz85
AG
powerbelly said:

zgolfz85 said:

You must be confused, I have never used the word "heat" anywhere on this thread.

Cool, then why chime in? I haven't either. I have maybe 5 pairs of by definition heat left in my collection. My days of owning breds and Concords and dozens of shoes I was scared to wear outside are behind me. But, I don't call my collection of shoes that I love heat aside from a few pairs of sought after AJ 1s, a rare pair of Kobe's, some Alvin purple asics and a couple pairs of dunks. They're just cool shoes.

Y'all want my opinion on baseball cards too?
StringerBell
AG
Can we say warmth is warmth allowed
jeffk
AG
This is incredible content.

Were you born in 1985 or did you graduate A&M or HS then? I just want to know about how old the person lecturing me on terminology is.
zgolfz85
AG
jeffk said:

This is incredible content.

Were you born in 1985 or did you graduate A&M or HS then? I just want to know about how old the person lecturing me on terminology is.

We've crossed paths enough in other threads that you know it was my birth year
powerbelly
AG
I can't imagine being afraid to wear shoes outside. Do you keep the stickers on your rolex too?
aggiebird02
Right on, z golf!

I've been saying this thread was full of nothing but posers, but they didn't believe me. Now there's a real sneaker head that has the heat, and y'all are scared.

Oh ****!
zgolfz85
AG
And I'm not lecturing you. Like I said, if y'all want to call it heat, go for it. I won't, but you can. Insert kissy face emoji
StringerBell
AG
Totally agree We can't bust heads like we used tobut we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So, I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. 'Give me five bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones
StringerBell
AG
I'm sorry this is too much fun I need to post warmth shoes to remedy how much fun I'm having
zgolfz85
AG
StringerBell said:

I'm sorry this is too much fun I need to post warmth shoes to remedy how much fun I'm having

Please do…I have plenty of warm vans. What y'all know about those new metcons?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, we're like the same age. I'm trying but failing to think of something I'd be this adamant about arguing with strangers on the internet about.
zgolfz85
AG
StringerBell said:

Totally agree We can't bust heads like we used tobut we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So, I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. 'Give me five bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones

I was once nearly laughed out of a sneaker convention for wearing what I thought was heat, a rare pair of p rod sbs. Real sneakerheads are way ****ing dewshier than you'll ever know. They're also largely going extinct because every brand is capitalizing on shoe mania and now there's a billion pairs released every week. What if I told you as recently as 10 yrs ago it wasn't like that at all? What if I told you that 90% of new releases were boring af. It's a different era today….I'd buy 100 pairs a week if I had **** you money
zgolfz85
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, we're like the same age. I'm trying but failing to think of something I'd be this adamant about arguing with strangers on the internet about.

You argue about usmnt daily bro
jeffk
AG
Happy warmth Tuesday at the pool

aggiebird02
zgolfz85 said:

jeffk said:

But USMNT is important…
zgolfz85
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

zgolfz85 said:

jeffk said:

But USMNT is important…

Agreed. As an obsessive, I have like 8 usmnt kits…I have addiction issues
Goldie Wilson
zgolfz85 said:

And I'm not lecturing you. Like I said, if y'all want to call it heat, go for it. I won't, but you can. Insert kissy face emoji
Just to be clear everyone, none of that was lecturing
zgolfz85
AG
jeffk said:

Happy warmth Tuesday at the pool

jeffk
AG
zgolfz85 said:

jeffk said:

Not like this. Lol.
zgolfz85
AG
jeffk said:

zgolfz85 said:

jeffk said:

Not like this. Lol.
will you though?
zgolfz85
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

zgolfz85 said:

Just to be clear everyone, none of that was lecturing
I'd put this more so in the category of "sounding off" or even "spouting off"
zgolfz85
AG
it's hard to know what will and won't sell out these days, but I have to imagine these will go instantly:

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/dunk-low-clot-fragment-design-black-and-white

StringerBell
AG
man those are HEAT
zgolfz85
AG
They'd be just meh if they didn't say clot and fragment on them
jeffk
AG
StringerBell said:

man those are HEAT

I can has heat?
zgolfz85
AG
jeffk said:

StringerBell said:

man those are HEAT

I can has heat?

you know only bots can has that type of heat…but you can has them for 3x retail later on stockx
aggiebird02
zgolfz85 said:

jeffk said:

StringerBell said:

man those are HEAT

I can has heat?

you know only bots can has that type of heat…but you can has them for 3x retail later on stockx
Y'all are all bots to me…
concac
AG
Can't wait until y'all argue about what is considered a "grail".
StringerBell
AG
Oh grails are for sure heat but not all heat are grails
First Page Last Page
Page 318 of 419

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.