Sneaker Thread

925,552 Views | 14435 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by MBAR
StillNotAnAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jordan Diamond Mids. Size 8-10 if anyone can wear those.
https://www.jdsports.com/store/product/air-jordan-1-mid-se-diamond-casual-shoes/prod2839367?styleId=DH6933&colorId=100
MW03
AG
secondary on the "team reds" is pretty damned reasonable right now if you missed out. I expect they will go back up after all the resells from this most recent drop.
MW03
AG
StillNotAnAggie said:

Jordan Diamond Mids. Size 8-10 if anyone can wear those.
https://www.jdsports.com/store/product/air-jordan-1-mid-se-diamond-casual-shoes/prod2839367?styleId=DH6933&colorId=100

These are an interesting case study in hype. A couple of facts:

(1) it's a mid
(2) it's an SE cut, so better materials
(3) classic black and white look, but a new color blocking scheme
(4) special tongue keyed to an "iconic" piece of jordan history
(5) translucent/ice sole

You expect resell to be weak because it's a mid, but the other things make me think there'd be more hype than a traditional mid. I love the way they look and how the pearl is in person. In fact, I have both the mid and low. I wear the hell out of the low and I think it's one of the better non-OG jordan 1 lows in the recent past. However, these are not reselling well, and neither are the lows. You can get these for close to MSRP (before fees) on Stockx right now. Generally speaking, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on what's going to sell well, but these are sitting to the extent anything sits at all. Kind of odd to me, and I wonder if the mids/lows are going to drop back to pre-pandemic hype levels.
jah003
S
Anyone get the JFG Inside Voices? Drop on Instagram and I got a pair after like 25 minutes. Apparently they are hella comfortable and also dad AF.
fig96
AG
Sea Speed said:

I need an easily slipped on shoe for work that is super comfortable. Looks are secondary but always nice. I'm not against laces but I dont want to ever have to untie and tie them. Light and airy preferred. I have extended breaks where I dont need to have actual work shoes on so professionalism isn't really a concern. I go to different jobsites almost daily so I would almost prefer something that has a somewhat collapsible upper as I have to pack them in a small bag every day. Dont want bulky. I am guessing some sort of light ultraboost would be good but I'm not sure. Id bet yeezys would do the trick too but can't seem to catch a W there. I would prefer not to break the bank as well since these are just for work. Recommendations?
Everybody sleeping on the Epic Phantom Reacts:

https://www.nike.com/t/react-phantom-run-flyknit-2-mens-running-shoes-7s5XTG

BowSowy
AG
MW03 said:

Sneaker Twitter says watch the SNKRS live show tomorrow for a shock drop mid show
Man, I really thought it was going to be the military black 4s, instead it was just some ACGs.
Wheatables02
AG
BowSowy said:

MW03 said:

Sneaker Twitter says watch the SNKRS live show tomorrow for a shock drop mid show
Man, I really thought it was going to be the military black 4s, instead it was just some ACGs.
CFTXAG10
AG
BowSowy said:

MW03 said:

Thought for sure it was gonna be AJ4 Black or the AJ1 Heritage
MW03
AG
those ACGs were clean though.

The black samurai series they are talking about now...I'm not a 6s guy, but the black samurai .01s may have to come my way. I've been wanting some of the .01s for a while, and these may do it for me. Look at the materials on these SEs. Man. So good.

And this is the BEST version of the 36 i've seen yet. I don't think you can get away with wearing 36s off the court at all, but these are fresh

MW03
AG
haven't trolled the skate shops since the mummys came out, but looks like it might be time next week to start it up again . . .

msteele
AG
That is interesting. Mids just get a lot of weird hate that's hard to put a finger on sometimes.
Sea Speed
AG
How do these compare to the ultraboost?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
msteele said:

That is interesting. Mids just get a lot of weird hate that's hard to put a finger on sometimes.
Regarding the mid hate - it's pretty easy. There is a special place in sneaker people's hearts for shoes Michael Jordan actually wore on the court. In short, 1's through 14's (we don't talk about 17's and/or his Wizards years), and in Chicago Bulls colors unless we're talking Space Jams, Royals/Shadows, Military Blues, Cool Greys, or Olympic colors. For the 1's, he only wore highs on the court and off the court he wore lows, though I think he did wear 1 lows like one time and definitely 2 lows on court before he got hurt in his second season.

Anyway, mids don't fall into any of these categories. Mids were a Nike creation to make a more palatable version of an iconic shoe because let's be honest, no everyone can pull of OG high tops from 1984. Showing my age here, but the first actual mid 1 that I remember were these patent 1 mids form 2003 which I thought were awful.

https://stockx.com/jordan-1-retro-chicago-bulls-patent-2003
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

not sure if this is the place to ask the question, but I am in the market for a pair of Adidas Boost. Tried some on the past weekend at a store, and damn they were comfortable until I saw the cost. Anyone have an idea of a website that sells them for cheaper than the $180 at dicks?

They can routinely be had for less than retail, it really just depends on the model. Dicks is only going to stock the newest colorways in the newest models, which will always be retail. Adidas itself is a good starting point

https://www.adidas.com/us/men-ultraboost-shoes-sale

What you need to figure out is which model you want. There's not much difference between the 19s (my personal favorite) and the 20s. I think the 20s have a little less boost material, but it's negligible.

The 21s were redesign, and they have a ton more boost than the 19s or 20s. For all intents and purposes, the 21s and 22s are pretty much identical.

The DNA is kind of like their retro branding of the original ultraboost models. These have become more of a lifestyle shoe where you can get the crazy colors and patterns compared to the numbered models, which I believe are supposed to be more performance based. You can look at the heel cup and see the difference in the amount and placement of the boost. The numbered models is heavy in the ack, less in the front. The DNA model is more balanced across the foot with less under the heel compared to the others.

All of them will be comfortable for daily wear. All of them will have continental rubber (i think even on the DNAs) and a ton of boost (which is what makes them cushy). I think all of them feature a knit/sock-style upper with a lace cage that can be superfluous for lifestyle wear.

DNA

Bump for Sea Speed
Prophet00
AG
Depending on the colorway, you can also find some dead stock for less than retail on StockX, GOAT, etc.

I liked the 4.0s and I just bought a pair of DNAs. Both are great.
fig96
AG
I personally like them better but Nikes also tend to fit my feet a bit better. They're definitely super comfortable, I've got a lace up pair to run in and a laceless pair as my everyday/errands shoe.
Sea Speed
AG
Adidas has 30% off on in app orders including sale products so you can get some ultraboosts for just over $100 right now. That solves my issue but thought some others might be interested.
StillNotAnAggie
fig96 said:

I personally like them better but Nikes also tend to fit my feet a bit better. They're definitely super comfortable, I've got a lace up pair to run in and a laceless pair as my everyday/errands shoe.

Agreed. I have a pair of the lace up ones that I wear around for everyday shoes. I have them tied but treat them like slip ons. Effectively worn them out and ripped off the rear pull tags but still love them.
Sea Speed
AG
Alright, picked up a pair of the ultraboost cold ready shoes as the slight increase in water protection will be a benefit and it only increases the weight of the shoe about an ounce iirc. $110. Glad I caught that app only deal.
kapon
AG
Is there a code for the discount?
GIG 'EM!
AgfromHOU
AG
Just download the adidas app and check out
kapon
AG
Ah! I didn't see the pop up the first time I downloaded the app.
Thanks!
GIG 'EM!
CFTXAG10
AG
If you get bored the AM97 Unlocked by you is available to customize through the Nike app or desktop

Messing around with a simple white/sea glass color block

powerbelly
AG
Anyone have experience with Blazers?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on theres:

https://www.nike.com/t/blazer-mid-77-premium-mens-shoes-9bXxQk/DM0178-001

MASAXET
AG
powerbelly said:

Anyone have experience with Blazers?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on theres:

https://www.nike.com/t/blazer-mid-77-premium-mens-shoes-9bXxQk/DM0178-001

I might pull the trigger on those too for office sneaker days
powerbelly
AG
I am a sucker for the Nike Premium suede.
MW03
AG
The blazer is an absolute icon and a solid addition to any question. And I agree about nike's premium suede. It's not on par with what you get out of new balance or anything, but it's pretty solid and relatively easy to clean. Those are pretty, too.

As for how they wear, blazers are pretty narrow, so order a half size up if you have a wide or flat foot.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
I need help, por favor

I'm trying to sell my sneaks on eBay but bots keep winning the bid. How do I list it so an actual person buys it
MW03
AG
When stockx drops a package on your doorstep at 2P but work ends at 6P

WES2006AG
AG
Are they buying but then just not paying? I think there may be an option that forces them to pay immediately. Not positive though, been a while since I've done anything but add to the collection.
CFTXAG10
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

I need help, por favor

I'm trying to sell my sneaks on eBay but bots keep winning the bid. How do I list it so an actual person buys it
This happened to me the other day. eBay told me I had to wait 4 days and then could cancel the order for nonpayment. I pulled up the buyer's feedback and its people complaining about nonpayment, go figure. I wish eBay could do a better job filtering those people out. I cant control who can and cannot bid.
MW03
AG
Sheesh

Sea Speed
AG
Those are so cool. Too bad ill never own em.
Matsui
AG
Love blazers. The white blazer with black swoosh is iconic. Get a pair
David_Puddy
AG
MW03 said:

Sheesh

Those are sick? What are they called on StockX (asking for a friend)?
First Page Last Page
Page 191 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.