Sneaker Thread

924,974 Views | 14435 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by MBAR
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of y'all tried the adidas retropy sneakers? They look comfy and certain colorways are super cheap.

https://www.adidas.com/us/retropy-e5-shoes/GW0557.html?pr=recently_viewed&slot=1
StringerBell
AG
got early access on the jordan 1 heritage but i dont know that im feeling them
powerbelly
AG
StringerBell said:

Same. I am happy to grab them for someone.
WES2006AG
AG
I think it is a pretty good looking shoe if you are into J1 highs.
CFTXAG10
AG
powerbelly said:

StringerBell said:

Same. I am happy to grab them for someone.

I'd take an 11.5 or 12 depending on availability!
powerbelly
AG
Which one do you want? They are both availible.
powerbelly
AG
I got you.
CFTXAG10
AG
Hell yea brother
MW03
AG
Mail call

These are definitely not maroon but fairly close. They look darker in person than in that picture.

For comparison's sake I put them up next to the bordeaux 1s and an "on-field" A&M baseball hat from adidas. The bordeaux 1s have more purple and are closer to a wine color (hence the name?). The team red dunks have more red in them. The interesting thing is that if you look at the branding guides (https://brandguide.tamu.edu/web/web-color-palette.html and https://brandguide.tamu.edu/visual-style/brand-colors.html), the shoes look closer to me than the hat and the 1s. I'll let yall be the judge.

For the record, I took these pics with my phone, without any filters, and under natural light from a window

MASAXET
AG
I didn't get the early access for some reason, so if anyone else did and doesn't want the J1s I'd love a 10.5. Happy to talk finders fee too
powerbelly
AG
Those are damn close and I think look closer to most of the A&M merch.
MW03
AG
Put it this way

If you look at the bottom of you texags window right now, the "team ted" dunks are nearly the same color as the "post reply" button., while the AJ1s are nearly the same color as the banner that has "TexAgs" in it just below that reply button.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Very helpful post. THANK YOU!
David_Puddy
AG
Thanks for those comparison pics MW....much appreciated!
Teddy Perkins
AG
https://www.swoosh.nike/en-US

Any ideas WTF this is about?
msteele
AG
NFTs/metaverse maybe?
Matsui
AG
I have the Bordeaux 1's and wanted to get the Team Red dunks as well. Which do YOU think are closer to Aggie maroon? I'm so torn.
MW03
AG
Matsui said:

I have the Bordeaux 1's and wanted to get the Team Red dunks as well. Which do YOU think are closer to Aggie maroon? I'm so torn.
Honestly, I think the 1s are too purple while the dunks are too red. Both are close enough to get the job done. Personally I think the best maroon nike has done is on last year's "dark beetroot" dunks, but that was a woman's release. Here are nike's promotional shots for the sake of comparison. In person, the "team red" looks much closer to maroon than in these pics.

Team Red (DD131-601)

Dark Beetroot (DD1503-108)

RED AG 98
AG
In this pic the Beetroot looks pretty close to Nike "Aggie maroon" from the 90s. Still have a cap from then that is beyond faded and relegated to yard work but that's pretty similar (at least in my brain).

Adidas has definitely done a good job in this respect, imho.
agtwister_5
AG
These are the women's beetroot I thought you were referring to:

Sea Speed
AG
Whats the difference as the wearer between the ultraboost 20/21/22? Has the comfortability changed in 2 years or are they generally the same just an updated design?
Sea Speed
AG
Also what's up with those ultra 4ds?
MW03
AG
This would go well with either the dunks or the 1s on gameday if you want to complete the outfit

WES2006AG
AG
I think the 21 and 22 Ultra Boost are almost identical. And the 4D is cool but at least in my opinion it is not as comfortable, not as bouncy as Boost.
Sea Speed
AG
Ok that rules the 4d out, thanks. There is a sale on the white 20s which interests me because spending 200 on a shoe thst is just for lounging around industrial sites is a little much but then its a white shoe at an industrial site ha.

Also do boosts run true to size? I know yeezys all run small
WES2006AG
AG
Check out Amazon and the shoe stores from the mall for sales on UB. The last few pair I've bought were well under retail. You can also sort by under retail price on Stock X.

As for size I think Boost run pretty true to size. I wear a 9.5 in Jordan 1s as well as Ultra Boost. They are a snug, athletic fitting shoe.
MW03
AG
Sea Speed said:

Ok that rules the 4d out, thanks. There is a sale on the white 20s which interests me because spending 200 on a shoe thst is just for lounging around industrial sites is a little much but then its a white shoe at an industrial site ha.

Also do boosts run true to size? I know yeezys all run small
TTS
AgfromHOU
AG
I have the 21s and some UB DNAs. I actually wear a half size larger in the 21's, but I also have inconsistent shoe sizing.

I've been looking at the DNA web Ultraboosts lately. Will probably pull the trigger on some soon. The web arojnd the boost looks weird but I kinda like it.
agtwister_5
AG
FWIW, I just picked me up a new 10.5 pair of the new 72-10 Jordan 11s at Hibbett Sports in Post Oak Mall. Seems they had a few pairs left from people that didn't pick them up from the raffle.
Matsui
AG
I can wear womens sizes. I'm a mens 8.5/womens 10 in Nike. Which beetroot Nike are you referring to?
MW03
AG
The style code is in my post, and the link to stockx where you can order them
boogieman
AG
Well, be careful messing around on StockX.

I was checking to see what the total cost of the Midnight Blue AJ6 would be after taxes and fees. I decided "nah" and backed out and closed the app.

Guess it submitted a bid for me, that was immediately accepted.
MW03
AG
Sneaker Twitter says watch the SNKRS live show tomorrow for a shock drop mid show
MW03
AG

"blue heel" coming soon
Buzzy
MW03 said:

"blue heel" coming soon
The Air Jordan bowling shoe
Wild West Pimp Style
First Page Last Page
Page 190 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.