Sneaker Thread

925,726 Views | 14435 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by MBAR
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StinkyPinky
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Yay? Nay?

My wife just won these and bought them. Think they look great
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

WES2006AG said:

MW03 said:

these might be tough to pass on, that blue looks so good

Had to do it. Very pricey, but I don't have anything like that. Reminds me a bit of the Witherspoons.

Got these in today. I think I'm going to have to send them back. It's a cool shoe, but they are too pricey for me not to be sure. Yellow is almost like honey mustard in person.
Enzo The Baker
AG
2/2 for my wife. 0/xx for me. Such is life.
CFTXAG10
AG
Was about to grab these for the Mrs. for Valentines Day but went a different route. Solid colorway! They throw in the pink laces to match the swoosh. Great pickup!
K Bo
AG
Nice! I'm waiting on my L on the Light Iron mids for the rib. My app has been "pending" since 9am.

ETA: L achieved
russaggie
AG
I never got a notification on the red and white mids for my daughter, but I'm assuming it's an L since it no longer shows pending and I don't have it in my orders. Also shows her size no longer available.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Looks like the flax/gum Ishods were released this morning as well.
MW03
AG
have yall seen the Jordan Separate (aka, Luka Doncic's faux-signature shoe)? It's been an overseas-only release, but it looks like they might be stateside soon. The look of the show is pretty clean. Not sure they they aren't just releasing as the "Luka" but maybe that's coming. He had on a pair of PEs the other night with his own logo on them.

MW03
AG
Jordan Series Mid. I'd need to see these in person, but they look interesting. I don't hate the black/brown off the top. If they release an SE or premium version with really nice materials, these could be nice. I'm think a gray premium suede with a tumbled black leather or something.

cnorm
AG
Just bought some Jordan 1 Retro Highs in Bordeaux, size 10.5 for $200.

They are sweet shoes, I just don't think I look great in the highs.

Anyone interested in buying them? I will sell them for $200 t avoid having to pay the processing costs for selling them back on StockX.
cmk10
AG
you gotta rock those bad boys. Wear them with some jeans and they will look great.
CFTXAG10
AG

MASAXET
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

That's still a great looking shoe. If I didn't just get the color changing ones posted on this thread last week I'd be getting these.
MASAXET
AG
cnorm said:

Just bought some Jordan 1 Retro Highs in Bordeaux, size 10.5 for $200.

They are sweet shoes, I just don't think I look great in the highs.

Anyone interested in buying them? I will sell them for $200 t avoid having to pay the processing costs for selling them back on StockX.

Agree with the other poster - these look great with jeans. I'd recommend keeping them.

But if you're looking to sell, I have a friend who was previously looking for these in 10.5. I'll let you know if he still wants them.
jeffk
AG
I love mine.
AustinCountyAg
not sure if this is the place to ask the question, but I am in the market for a pair of Adidas Boost. Tried some on the past weekend at a store, and damn they were comfortable until I saw the cost. Anyone have an idea of a website that sells them for cheaper than the $180 at dicks?
WES2006AG
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

not sure if this is the place to ask the question, but I am in the market for a pair of Adidas Boost. Tried some on the past weekend at a store, and damn they were comfortable until I saw the cost. Anyone have an idea of a website that sells them for cheaper than the $180 at dicks?
Ultra Boost have lost some of the novelty that they had a few years ago and are typically able to be had for well below retail. If you go to Stock X there is an option to sort shoes by the ones that are selling below retail but keep in mind that their fees can be pretty steep. I have also noticed that Amazon typically has a decent selection of Ultra Boosts for well below that $180 price point as well.

These are good shoes at $180 but really a great value when they can be had for closer to $100-$120.
AustinCountyAg
Yes, I am looking to stay at around $100 considering I dont wear running shoes all that much. Not sure I will wear these that much, but damn they were comfortable.
MW03
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

They can routinely be had for less than retail, it really just depends on the model. Dicks is only going to stock the newest colorways in the newest models, which will always be retail. Adidas itself is a good starting point

https://www.adidas.com/us/men-ultraboost-shoes-sale

What you need to figure out is which model you want. There's not much difference between the 19s (my personal favorite) and the 20s. I think the 20s have a little less boost material, but it's negligible.

The 21s were redesign, and they have a ton more boost than the 19s or 20s. For all intents and purposes, the 21s and 22s are pretty much identical.

The DNA is kind of like their retro branding of the original ultraboost models. These have become more of a lifestyle shoe where you can get the crazy colors and patterns compared to the numbered models, which I believe are supposed to be more performance based. You can look at the heel cup and see the difference in the amount and placement of the boost. The numbered models is heavy in the ack, less in the front. The DNA model is more balanced across the foot with less under the heel compared to the others.

All of them will be comfortable for daily wear. All of them will have continental rubber (i think even on the DNAs) and a ton of boost (which is what makes them cushy). I think all of them feature a knit/sock-style upper with a lace cage that can be superfluous for lifestyle wear.

DNA

WES2006AG
AG
Funny you chose those pics. I had that exact color of the 19s that I wore a hole in exercising. They were great though and lasted for 100s of miles. I also have that exact gray 21 UB as well and those are the bet fitting ones I have tried.
CFTXAG10
AG
NM
MW03
AG
A&M models make for a good comparison

DNA-esque A&M ultraboost that was based off the OG UB 1.0

DNA-esque A&M ultraboost that was based off the UB 4.0

A&M ultraboost based off the UB 21

You can look at the heel cup and construction here and really see the differences.

They wear tight if you have a wide foot, so size up 0.5
MW03
AG
That was THE color for the 19s if memory serves, and arguably the best color on the 21s.
AustinCountyAg
how big of a pain in the ass are the boost shoes to keep clean?
MW03
AG
Quote:

Ultra Boost have lost some of the novelty that they had a few years ago and are typically able to be had for well below retail. If you go to Stock X there is an option to sort shoes by the ones that are selling below retail but keep in mind that their fees can be pretty steep. I have also noticed that Amazon typically has a decent selection of Ultra Boosts for well below that $180 price point as well.

These are good shoes at $180 but really a great value when they can be had for closer to $100-$120.

This is right on all counts.

It's in interesting study comparing adidas to nike. Way back when ultraboosts were released, they were a hot shoe. Secondary market, the whole nine yards. The original NMDs probably more so, if memory serves. Adidas did what a lot of people (me included at times) call on Nike to do: they made a ****ton of NMDs and UBs to keep up with demand. Like flooded the market with them 1987 baseball card style. Like Wes is saying above, the novelty quickly wore off because they were just expense, not expensive and hard to get.

Compare that with what Nike does with the Jordan and Duns series. They are on the other end of the spectrum, producing so few of each (and at relatively cheap prices) that it's near impossible to get them at retail.

Seems specific in both situations, and you have to think there's a middle ground, but anyway.

The UB is an incredible shoe, and still my go-to 90% of the time when I'm going to be on my feet for a while.
MW03
AG
Washing machine does the trick for the most part, since it's all knit. You can scrub the boost parts off with a brush to finish the job. 4D is a different story. Lord help you if you happen to step in mud in a pair of 4Ds.
BowSowy
AG
No harder/easier than any other tennis shoe in my experience. Just throw them in the wash if they get too dirty and they're almost as good as new.
AustinCountyAg
what is 4D mean?
CFTXAG10
AG
It pisses me off to this day that I did not buy those A&M 4.0's
BowSowy
AG

It's a different style of Adidas shoe. Very hole-y
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The sole is manufactured from a 3-D printing process. The dummies in marketing decided to run with "4D" instead of the original "FutureCraft" because...marketing.
TXAG 05
AG
Can you get Air Max 90s anywhere or do you have to get lucky on one of those websites? Wanting to get a pair. Also, what about Bo Jacksons from the 80s? Thought those were the coolest shoes when they came out,
powerbelly
AG
https://www.nike.com/w?q=air%20max%2090&vst=air%20max%2090
WES2006AG
AG
Air Max 90s are easy to find in basic colors and mildly more difficult to get for the special releases.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.