Sneaker Thread

923,808 Views | 14426 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by MW03
russaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hibbet did had a restock on the Raging Bull 5's yesterday and I was able to grab a pair. Also pulled a pair of the St. Patrick's Day AF1's this week.
MW03
AG
Nike continues to crush it with the women's sneakers.

concac
AG
MW03 said:

Nike continues to crush it with the women's sneakers.

The AJ1s are pretty much unisex. They don't fit any different (at least for me). I have a pair of AJ1s that were released for women.
StringerBell
AG
it's wild to me how much aj1s cost now

wife got me a pair of the low pines last year for fathers day and paid retail off of the nike website.

now those *****es are 250 on stockx
MW03
AG
I'd have no qualms about wearing those (or a number of the other WMNS releases) but they don't make them big enough in the ladies' size to convert them over.

I legit think the WMNS dunk navy/gray might've been the best looking shoe so far this year, all things considered

Post removed:
by user
concac
AG
Who's going for the Travis Scott's?
StringerBell
AG
i went ahead and entered the draw even though i dont like em. maybe im just into snkrs related s&m based on the inevitable L im gonna take
concac
AG
StringerBell said:

i went ahead and entered the draw even though i dont like em. maybe im just into snkrs related s&m based on the inevitable L im gonna take
Yep...just going through the motions.

At least the SNKRS app fixed their notification alerts. Before, to find out if you won or not, you would have to check your CC to see if they charged it. Now, they're pretty good with sending out the L notifications.
StringerBell
StringerBell
AG
jeffk
AG
Lol. No way.
MW03
AG
You won the TS6s?

Man, I know you have to flip them, but I would kill for an actual "on the foot" photo from a real person of that shoe with the bags on the sides.
StringerBell
AG
oh no not at all i took the L. i was posting that in celebration that snkrs at least lets us know that we didnt get them instead of having to check the cc.
MW03
AG
I don't know if yall monkey with the "by you" series Nike does, but they are doing one with the Waffle pretty soon

https://www.nike.com/u/custom-nike-waffle-one-by-you-10001057/1574323933

concac
AG
I got a pair of Internationalist. A little bit of the Killshot colorway rip-off.

Took about 1.5 weeks for delivery.

MW03
AG
Anyone taking at shot at the AJ1 "patina" tomorrow?

RED AG 98
AG
Maroon ubs (size 9) for sale in classifieds. https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3197078/last
Great price for you or a kid
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm likely in for an L there.
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

I don't know if yall monkey with the "by you" series Nike does, but they are doing one with the Waffle pretty soon

https://www.nike.com/u/custom-nike-waffle-one-by-you-10001057/1574323933

Waffle By You is live, fyi
concac
AG
MW03 said:

Anyone taking at shot at the AJ1 "patina" tomorrow?

I've been trying to convince myself to like them but I don't think I'm going to get there.

MW03
AG
It depends entirely on the rust. I've seen shots (nike official) where it looks great, and shots (twitter links) where it looks a little spotty. If it's a nice old copper, then it's a great release. Otherwise, you're dancing with leopard print.
Sex Panther
AG
I think they're pretty great. I'll take a shot, and you can always flip them. Still pretty sure I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the University Blue's soon
MW03
AG
MW03
AG
If you're planning to try the patina and you're in the central zone, it's opening in 5 mins for reservations.
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

If you're planning to try the patina and you're in the central zone, it's opening in 5 mins for reservations.
Comical. It opened at 4:45 central. I had the app open since 4:30 or so. Started watching it intently at 4:44. Clock ticks over to 4:45. Button shows. Click "reserve now" and grab my store, pretty stoked.

"Fully Booked".

StringerBell
AG
Nike catching some flack. Not gonna stick tho.

jeffk
AG
Another day, another L.
powerbelly
AG
StringerBell said:

Nike catching some flack. Not gonna stick tho.

Pretty ****ty of resellers. Not sure what people wanted nike to do differently.
StringerBell
AG
it's an odd situation...but nike definitely shoulders some blame in this. they dropped these shoes as a limited release. if you call it a limited release and only drop a few pairs of course the resellers are gonna get a boner and try and make some cash off of them.

i dont really blame resellers. its totally a valid critique that nike used disability to drum up hype for the shoes, and then didnt really deliver them in an accessible way.
MW03
AG
Here's what Nike said when they hired Ann Hebert.

Quote:

BEAVERTON, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NIKE, Inc. (NYSE: NKE) announced senior leadership changes to continue accelerating growth in its flagship market. Effective June 1, Nike veteran Ann Hebert, Vice President of Global Sales, will become Vice President, General Manager of North America Geography, succeeding long-time executive Tom Peddie who is retiring from Nike.

"I also want to express my deep gratitude to Tom for his incredible commitment to Nike and most recently to the growth of North America. His contributions span a 30-year career with Nike and we wish him all the best for what's ahead."

"I am excited to have Ann lead the North America team at this time," said Heidi O'Neill, President of Consumer and Marketplace. "Ann's deep experience and inspiring leadership will be instrumental in accelerating our Consumer Direct Offense in North America, as we build on our successful strategy of providing consumers with the most innovative product and compelling services and experiences to deliver long-term sustainable growth for Nike."

"I also want to express my deep gratitude to Tom for his incredible commitment to Nike and most recently to the growth of North America. His contributions span a 30-year career with Nike and we wish him all the best for what's ahead."

Hebert will lead end-to-end business for Nike's North America Geography, including Sales, Direct, Marketing, Merchandising, Categories and Territories, among others. A 25-year veteran of Nike, Hebert's prior experiences include VP, Global Sales, VP, GM of APLA, VP, Nike Stores Partnered, VP, North America Sales, and many more. She graduated from Ohio University before starting her career at Nike.

So Ann Hebert was tasked with basically building a "Consumer Direct Offensive" direct-to-consumer methodology through Nike, via apps and the website, in order to boost sales and for sneaker releases. You can't tell me that it's a coincidence her son was a player in the resale game, or that she didn't know he was using her credit card.

Go on Stockx or GOAT or wherever, and you can buy shoes before the releases. Try and grab a drop, and they're sold out before they even hit. Yes, a lot of that is the bot game, but I almost think that's a boogeyman at this point Nike, et al, use for their purposes.

I am convinced that, at best, Nike turns a blind eye to the secondary market because it boosts the hype of their releases and drives traffic. At worst, it would not surprise me if they were working with resalers to boost hype and drive traffic. I don't think they are partnering and taking a cut of sales or anything, but I do believe they are actively participating with the big resale markets because of the attention it brings their apps and websites.

It's their Consumer Direct Offensive.
powerbelly
AG
That's fair.
StringerBell
AG
yeah totally agree. there's no such thing as bad press and right now people are basically complaining that they cant get enough jordans or whatever which means that every single release is gonna sell out which is what nike wants.

they want the secondary market to be hopping. it benefits them.
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
third coast.. said:

This argument happens over anything that has a secondary market. Ive seen it time and again.

The missing piece of the puzzle is that the VP in charge of marketing for the Sazarac Company hasn't had to resign after it was discovered that her son was using her credit card to corner the market on Weller Full Proof, Weller 12, OWA, Antique releases, Pappy, etc, and making $300k a month on the secondary market as a result.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.