Scrubs?

16,595 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
brew82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been binging Scrubs the past few weeks. How'd I ever miss this show when it came out? Anyway, the first 4 seasons are just awesome. Started season 5 and it is getting very silly, hard to watch. Does it come back around or does it continue down this path?
Ornithopter
AG
I liked every season except for the apostate final season.

Silliness and seriousness ebb and flow throughout the series.
Andyzipp
AG
I binge the entire run every year, so I'd say it stays pretty solid for a 22-23 episode a year sitcom. Btw, Hulu and iTunes will try to tell you that there's 9 seasons. It's a lie. There are only 8.

And the series finale (again, at the end of season 8) is one of the best.
Ornithopter
AG
This is what will happen with you and season 9

1) Be told not to watch it because it is massively disappointing after a perfect series finale in season 8
2) Decide to watch it anyways because you just got done watching 8 seasons, and want another hit of Scrubs
3 Regret and disappointment. You were warned and have only yourself to blame
LHIOB
AG
Its a top 3 or 4 sit com for me
brew82
I'm watching it on Hulu, not getting what you mean by it ending in season 8. Is season 9 like Netflix continuing Arrested Development?
expresswrittenconsent
It was canceled after 8 and then got picked up for s9 by another network with mostly new cast.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
powerbelly
AG
Zach and Donald are doing a podcast as they rewatch the series. It is pretty entertaining and they share some good stories
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fake Doctors Real Friends and Smartless are my podcast MVPs during covid.
FtBendTxAg
AG
One of the best of all time
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Nothing beats that ending and that song with it.

PDWT_12
AG
brew82 said:

I've been binging Scrubs the past few weeks. How'd I ever miss this show when it came out? Anyway, the first 4 seasons are just awesome. Started season 5 and it is getting very silly, hard to watch. Does it come back around or does it continue down this path?
Just saying that if you stop watching now before you get to S5E20 & 21, you will miss two of the best episodes of a great show.
J182
AG
Scrubs always did a killer job with its soundtrack.
👽
powerbelly
AG
J-Quob said:

Scrubs always did a killer job with its soundtrack.
The streaming episodes don't have the original soundtrack.
Mucho austin
AG
amazing show.

Buy the dvds if you want the original soundtrack

there are a few episodes that are a miss, just like every show.

So many great funny scenes while also some super serious emotional moments.

OP, dont stop now until then end of season 8. then stop hard and fast.

If you must watch season 9, call it somethin else in your mind and treat it like a spin off.
atm0812
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Nothing beats that ending and that song with it.

That scene was so good it gave me feelings I didn't know I was capable of. I wanted to keep watching forever, and never watch it again at the same time. Incredible.
AquaCasaAg
AG
http://redd38.com/imdb/?title=tt0285403
aTm2004
AG
Love that show. Some of my favorite scenes:

bearamedic99
AG
Adding the theme song to a playlist is nice
rhutton125
AG
Damn good show. People say it takes a dip around season 5 or 6 but I didn't really notice. At that point I would have it on while doing other things, which maybe helped.
Hincemm
AG
guessing he's not a donald faison fan.

i think he's a little over the top in the podcast but great on the show.
DallasTeleAg
Scrubs Season 5 and 6 definitely get goofier, but there are still some fantastic episodes. Season 7 was the writers strike season, I believe, and it shows.

After Season 7, NBC stopped airing it, and it moved over to ABC. ABC actually owned the show the entire time, though it was on NBC (I am oversimplifying this because it gets into network politics that I don't understand).

Season 8 of Scrubs gets back to the greatness of Season 1. Season 8 has some of my favorite episodes of all time. The steak night episode is a top 5 episode in the series. That ending with "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" is just classic Scrubs.

Season 9 does not exist, it never has existed, and never will exist in my reality.

I also agree with everyone above, go invest in the DVD's from Half Priced Books or something. I could not imagine watching this show without the correct music. They did soundtracking better than any show I have ever seen.
powerbelly
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I also agree with everyone above, go invest in the DVD's from Half Priced Books or something. I could not imagine watching this show without the correct music. They did soundtracking better than any show I have ever seen.
I think the iTunes version also has the correct songs.
LHIOB
AG
Between Scrubs, Cant Hardly Wait and Clueless Donald dominates some of my favorites
DallasTeleAg
Looking at Wikipedia at Seasons 5 and 6 to see some of my favs.

My Way Home is a classic episode and was directed by Zach Braff.

My Lunch is regarded by some as the best episode of the entire series. The episode following is also fantastic, My Fallen Idol.

My Musical (S6) has some fantastic musical numbers, including the always amazing "Guy Love"

Also, I can't remember what episode it was, but I freaking love this scene:

jeffk
AG
This is correct - the DVDs and iTunes have all the original songs.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Season 8 of Scrubs gets back to the greatness of Season 1. Season 8 has some of my favorite episodes of all time. The steak night episode is a top 5 episode in the series. That ending with "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" is just classic Scrubs.
I can picture that episode and that music so perfectly. Not sure there will ever be a show that surpasses Scrubs for me.
DallasTeleAg
I just had to... one of my favorite moments in the show. THE WARRIOR!!!

jeffk
AG
Steak Night is only second to My Screw Up on my list of favorite Scrubs episodes. And really that and The Son from FNL are my 1a and 1b for favorite TV episodes.
West Point Aggie
AG
Awesome series...

AVOID SEASON 9 AT ALL COSTS...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I just had to... one of my favorite moments in the show. THE WARRIOR!!!

That makes me laugh until I cry every time I see it. I also enjoy.

I cannot pimp Fake Doctors, Real Friends enough. The genuine friendship between Zach Braff and Donald Faison is one of the best things in the world. And the merchandise is even better (if possible).

DallasTeleAg
When Turk gets emotional, I usually lose it

rhutton125
AG
"The Warrior" might be the first Scrubs clip that I rewound, recorded, and sent to multiple people. The first of many, as it turns out.
Stupe
S
Quote:

That scene was so good it gave me feelings I didn't know I was capable of. I wanted to keep watching forever, and never watch it again at the same time. Incredible.
Same here.

Anyone that wasn't moved by that scene needs a new soul.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.