Evan Felker and Turnpike Troubadours Update

27,899 Views | 311 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JimmyHouston
Fightin TX Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/turnpike-troubadours-evan-felker-interview-1043568/

Encouraging!
TXAG 05
AG
No offense but this is from a month ago
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I enjoyed reading the article. Thanks for posting.
lead
Sazerac
aTm2004
AG
Hell yeah. And it looks like he's been busy with his time off and reconciled things with his wife. I'm hoping this is something that he'll be able to maintain and lead to a reunion of TT.

https://instagr.am/p/CMM4uTAhuXm
Ag 11
AG
He's back?!
BryanAggie2013
AG
The world needs TT back...
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Encouraging
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
In
bluefire579
AG
Would love to hear more music from him, but I hope if he does, he's able to do it in a healthy way.

If he does come back, it'll be interesting to see if it's with Turnpike or solo. All the other guys seem to have moved onto other projects, so not sure if they would be willing to at this point, but you never know.
aTm2004
AG
There are 2 things at play for those other guys:

1. Turnpike is an established band with a huge following
2. Given 1, there is a huge demand for a reunion tour

Music is a business, and nothing any of them are doing now could probably come close to what they'd make spending a year touring as TT. Maybe a brief tour would do all some good to see if Evan has really changed, and if so, maybe kindle the itch for a new album, because you know he's been writing his butt off.
walton91
Looks like Evan is playing a benefit this week

sburg2007
I just want the guy to be happy, sober, and a good father and husband. If he makes more music, icing on the cake.
plowboy1065
S
He's doing good. Family man and building a cattle herd in Chambers County
Mr President Elect
AG
The other day there was a poster that mentioned that they are scheduled to do like 40 shows for 2022 / 2023.
bluefire579
AG
BrazosDog02
AG
I'd sure like for them to join back up. I've really missed their stuff. I have two kids that are also really missing them.
bluefire579
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I'd sure like for them to join back up. I've really missed their stuff. I have two kids that are also really missing them.
Absolutely, many of us would. As others have said, though, definitely want him to only do it if he can be healthy while doing so. Sounded like the way he was going was a path to destruction.
Pinche Guero
AG
Ive heard that theyre back together, but waiting until a new album is ready to announce it.
McGibblets
AG
https://turnpiketroubadours.com
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
McGibblets said:

https://turnpiketroubadours.com

SchnauzerMom
Their Instagram has also been wiped clean! Staci Felker said on Instagram a while back that he has been writing and ended that with a winking face. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's real hard not to.
Sazerac
AG
My dream is they open for Avett at Whitewater in May
emando2000
AG
I came to post the update! I have no idea what it means but there are a lot of people speculating. A friend of mine runs in those circles and he said he heard murmurs of them getting back together back in March. He's got to know them well over the years and didn't like how a lot went down. He's no longer a fan of Evan. A different friend spoke to some former band members at Mile 0 fest in the keys and one of them said he'll never play with Evan again...that was just a few months ago.

Money talks tho. A lot of people speculating that Kyle is promoting one of his shows and think Evan may make a guest appearance.

***Separate news... Mavericks in South Austin/Buda is having a fundraiser next Wednesday. My friends manage the place but they won't say who the "special guest" is. Kase 101's commercial has Parker McCollum playing in the background so some are speculating it's him.
Brock Sampson
McGibblets
AG
I find it hard to believe that they would be bringing back the band without Evan and stick with the turnpike name. Only possibility I could see if that happening would be if John Fulbright took over vocals since he was part of the band in the beginning, but still not convinced I would believe that idea.
emando2000
AG
McGibblets said:

I find it hard to believe that they would be bringing back the band without Evan and stick with the turnpike name. Only possibility I could see if that happening would be if John Fulbright took over vocals since he was part of the band in the beginning, but still not convinced I would believe that idea.
John was supposed rumored to fill in when Evan had to take a break but he's doing so good solo.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
https://turnpiketroubadours.com/

Sazerac
AG
Fingers crossed!
bagger05
BenFiasco14
AG
Let's go!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
McGibblets
AG
TT Instagram just posted a picture with Evan in it. Gotta be that they're coming back full strength
bluefire579
AG
Oh **** yeah

https://instagr.am/p/CW3biFZPCRr
BenFiasco14
AG
Soooo in
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.