Evan Felker and Turnpike Troubadours Update

27,667 Views | 311 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JimmyHouston
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the email about that, wondering if it's even worth going over there.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
https://billybobstexas.com/events/turnpike-troubadours-3

Thursday night show link for those that missed the first round.
McGibblets
AG
Anyone have a guess what time to arrive at white oak today? I'm hoping between 4:30 and 5 would be plenty sufficient
drumboy
AG
McGibblets said:

Anyone have a guess what time to arrive at white oak today? I'm hoping between 4:30 and 5 would be plenty sufficient
I'm planning on getting there at 4:30.

This seems like a really good way to do a pre-sale as long as brokers aren't paying homeless folks to wait in line like they've done for Astros tickets in the past. Let's local folks get in first and the business gets an extra event to sell beer at. Plus this free band, Charlie & the Regrets, gets some exposure. They're not bad from what I'm hearing on Spotify.
toucan82
Al Gore invented the internet so people wouldn't have to wait in line anymore
drumboy
AG
toucan82 said:

Al Gore invented the internet so people wouldn't have to wait in line anymore
My whole career wouldn't have existed if not for Al Gore creating the internet but unfortunately it's virtually impossible to get tickets for high demand shows cause the brokers have bots that scoop them all up. Venues don't care cause they're selling out and broker sites get paid the transfer fees twice so it's in their best interest to allow it.

Only the consumer gets screwed here.
digging tunnels
AG
Was able to get tickets at White Oak tonight. That was a very smooth process all around. Very grateful for how they managed all that
DustysLineup
AG
How was the crowd there tonight? Thought about going, but got caught up w/ other stuff and figured I'd be too late if I didn't get there til 7 or later.

Hope you got enjoy some of Charlie and the Regrets too.
McGibblets
AG
White Oak did a great job last night. Band was good, beer was cold, and weather was perfect. I honestly expect they gave out more than that he 1,500 wristbands. As far as I'm aware, I think they handed them out all night. Had a friend who didn't get there until 7:30 and he was still able to get a wristband. Also, you were able to purchase up to 4 tickets per wristband, so there may not be too many tickets for online sales Friday
drumboy
AG
My buddy got there right after 8 and couldn't get a wristband, but of the 4 folks I was half only half were able to buy 4 tix per wristband code.

Overall it was a great process.
Sazerac
AG
this is way better than the online bs we have to put up with
drumboy
AG
Sazerac said:

this is way better than the online bs we have to put up with
For sure. Wife was annoyed that I was gone all night drinking beer but it was fun hanging out with friends I don't see enough.
digging tunnels
AG
I was expecting it to be crowded and a cluster because of the high demand, but it was not at all. And even better is that some people were able to get 4 tickets, instead of the 2 they advertised. May have been a glitch?? Who knows?

Just happy I got tics and don't have to travel to go see them again
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
digging tunnels said:

I was expecting it to be crowded and a cluster because of the high demand, but it was not at all. And even better is that some people were able to get 4 tickets, instead of the 2 they advertised. May have been a glitch?? Who knows?

Just happy I got tics and don't have to travel to go see them again
I was only able to choose 2 tickets. Oh well, tickets secured!
DustysLineup
AG
I'll be kicking myself for not going. Just didn't see Charlie's post about it until yesterday. Was busy on the other side of town and figured the place would be swamped by the time I got over there.
drumboy
AG
Harry Lime said:

I'll be kicking myself for not going. Just didn't see Charlie's post about it until yesterday. Was busy on the other side of town and figured the place would be swamped by the time I got over there.
Might be pedantic but what's the 'other side' of 'right in the middle' part of town?
DustysLineup
AG
It's just south of stfu.
MavsAg
AG
Damn. I was out of town so I couldn't go wait in person. Now I'm stuck in the queue for White Oak and Billy Bobs/ Neither is looking promising.
TXAG 05
AG
White Oak is sold out. Forgot to set the timer, but based on my luck on getting to the tickets for the other shows, I probably wasn't going to get any anyway.
MavsAg
AG
I was waiting at 10 and I was 14,259th in line. What a joke.
Mose Schrute
AG
Thankful I attended the presale. This is madness
TX_AG_10
AG
I got in the waiting room at 9:30 and was also 14,000 or so in line. I opened a new tab in Edge and got #5,000 in line. Completely random. It sucks that they don't prioritize people getting in the waiting room early. Obviously it sold out when I finally got the option to buy tickets. We'll see if the waiting list pans out but I doubt it.
htx97
AG
I was very lucky...hopped in the waiting room at 9:57 and at 10am was number 89 in line. Got 4 tickets. I'll also go play the lottery today.
McGibblets
AG
Turnpike is currently cutting an album at FAME studios in Alabama. Shooter Jennings producing
McGibblets
AG
Is there any info out there about openers for their shows? I know about half the shows had openers announced when they originally announced the shows, but haven't seen anything else. Mostly wondering about the white oak show
jh0400
AG
I bought two in VIP for the Palomino Festival in Pasadena in July. I love JI400U and Morgan Wade as well, and Paul Cauthen has been on my list to see as well. Expensive, but the lineup is worth it IMO.
McGibblets
AG
Just in case anyone was wondering, just checked the White Oak website and Cody Canada is listed as the opener. Seen both bands a dozen times, but boy that's gonna be one fun night
Wheatables02
AG
Turnpike tonight at Billy Bob's!
Sazerac
AG
Well? Was Evan on his game?
Wheatables02
AG
Sazerac said:

Well? Was Evan on his game?

Sober and on point. Here's the setlist. Got everything but Morgan St.

Baby Billy
AG
Went to the Saturday show at Billy Bob's. Incredible performance all around.

JimmyHouston
AG
Anyone know how to participate in the presale for the 20 October show @ Whitewater Amphitheater happening this morning at 1000?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.