ESPN's Michael Jordan Doc moved up to April

59,505 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Petrino1
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When the doc started I loved Jordan's candor and hearing him swear. By the end of it I was really sick of his arrogance and denigration of other players. Particularly him lambasting Pippen for quitting on the team a couple of times, then quitting himself, then coming back expecting to be welcomed in as the man after leaving his team hanging for 1-2/3rd seasons.

It was really impressive filming and I can't get enough of the behind-the-scenes action and player interviews, but definitely lowered my opinion of the GOAT overall as a person.

Any truth to the rumor that ESPN has started pre-production on the slated 2044 release of the LeBron James documentary tentatively called "Hey Everyone, Look How Great I Am"?
JDUB08AG
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

When the doc started I loved Jordan's candor and hearing him swear. By the end of it I was really sick of his arrogance and denigration of other players. Particularly him lambasting Pippen for quitting on the team a couple of times, then quitting himself, then coming back expecting to be welcomed in as the man after leaving his team hanging for 1-2/3rd seasons.

It was really impressive filming and I can't get enough of the behind-the-scenes action and player interviews, but definitely lowered my opinion of the GOAT overall as a person.

Any truth to the rumor that ESPN has started pre-production on the slated 2044 release of the LeBron James documentary tentatively called "Hey Everyone, Look How Great I Am"?
I walked away liking MJ more. He was genuine and real. I respect that way more than all the fake personalities you see all over the place.
AgShaun00
AG
WelchAg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I walked away liking MJ more. He was genuine and real. I respect that way more than all the fake personalities you see all over the place.
he was my basketball idol. Seeing him now, I appreciate his greatness more. his drive to be the greatest. It wasn't given to him, and he outworked everyone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The constant mentions of Lebron (whether of support or ridicule) are getting super old on this thread.

Who cares? This is about MJ.
aggiepaintrain
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Get a dog
Fat Bib Fortuna
We have four!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Your clones are very impressive. You must be very proud.
Fat Bib Fortuna
They'll do their job (eating and sleeping). I guarantee that.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LeBron could probably take these four and drag them to the Finals.
Claude!
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Yeah, and MJ would drag them to a championship.
gigemJTH12
AG
the biggest tragedy in all this is that the NBA playoffs arent starting right as this ended.

you know all the stars would have been out there playing with a different intensity.
aggiepaintrain
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

We have four!

all named Lebron
MGS

Well, not in the Western Conference. (See the 2018-19 Lakers)
aggiedata
AG
Sounds about right

Fat Bib Fortuna
aggiedata said:

Sounds about right

The Shank Ag
aggiedata said:

Sounds about right

Always hated him for his ability to get to the line so often. Had a great shot but was so reliant on jumping into you and getting to the line. I get it is part of the game and this is a terrible gripe. Others have done the same (cough cough dwayne wade). Just reminds me a lot of left handed batters who slap at the ball and run to first, or lean into pitches.
Dallasag02
AG

In LeBron's Eastern Conference it would definitely be possible.
Malachi Constant
AG
COVID gave us The Last Dance when we needed it most.
Big Al 1992
AG
The whole thread/account is great.

jenn96
AG

Quote:

Following Chicago's 6th Championship in 8 Years...

Phil Jackson was replaced.
Michael Jordan went into retirement.
Scottie Pippen was traded.
Dennis Rodman was released.
Steve Kerr was traded.

And the Bulls began to rebuild.
I think this might have been the most savage statement in the entire documentary.

Bruce Almighty
AG
Watching this, it's crazy how low scoring games were in the late 90s.
johnnyblaze36
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Lol @ Michael throwing the ball off Reggie Miller's head.

I'm going to miss watching this every Sunday night.
Not sure if mentioned but that was actually Mark Jackson's head he threw the hardest chest pass of all time off his noggin but seemingly out of the frustration that Reggie had created.
SACR
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Watching this, it's crazy how low scoring games were in the late 90s.

The Playoffs used to be victory through attrition. You were as violent as the refs allowed you to get away with, and the team that withstood the pounding the best advanced to the next round. Also, zone defenses were illegal at the time.
PooDoo
AG
I was at that last game in Salt Lake City, actually sitting 2 rows in front of David Stern.

During the game, I spotted Leonardo DiCaprio sitting on the other side of the court with a small entourage. After the game, during the on-court celebration, Leo and his crew were arguing with security trying to get onto the court to celebrate with Rodman. They were leaning over the ropes, trying to wave Rodman over, while the stadium crew was rolling out the stage and setting up for the trophy presentation.

It was a pretty pathetic visual that brought me joy every time I thought about Leo getting humbled by some Jazz security guards that didn't give an F who he was.

Thanks a lot, Ahmad Rashad for helping him to the locker room and destroying one of my favorite memories.
Max Power
AG
Finished episode 10 this morning, that was outstanding. That man used everything as fuel against the teams in front of him. I just loved every time they would bring up this small thing like George Karl ignoring him in a restaurant, boom, another log on the fire. 45 isn't 23, boom, long on the fire.

I had no idea about what happened to Steve Kerr's dad, wow, that was a gut shot.

So much of all those moments were already burned into my memory. I hated the Jazz, I wanted the Rockets to have a shot in the finals vs Jordan's Bulls. Reliving the stuff about losing his dad was rough too.

If you want some more fun Rodman stuff listen to the Rogan podcast with Billy Corgan. Rodman and Corgan flew to Vegas during the finals against Utah between games and he showed up just before game time after partying all night and getting no sleep, he's a robot. Phil blamed Corgan, even though it was all Rodman.

Definitely helped reinforce my belief that being a kid in the 90s was great. The music was so good, and we got to see the greatest basketball player that ever lived at the top of his game.

Lebron isn't Jordan, and the distance between those two guys is a chasm. I would still take Kobe over Lebron, he's the closest there was to Jordan, Lebron is third place at best. Jordan played the game during a time of violence, that is one of the biggest marks against Lebron...they do not play the game that was played in the 80s and 90s, he might be able to handle it, but he's not required to play it. Every good team from back then played physical defense, now if you hand check it gets called. I miss that style of basketball.
Big Al 1992
AG
I forget which school - it may have been several - but when Kerr was in college shooting free throws the opposing fans chanted "PLO". Garbage fans are gonna garbage.
Stive
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

I forget which school - it may have been several - but when Kerr was in college shooting free throws the opposing fans chanted "PLO". Garbage fans are gonna garbage.

Wow!! That's a different level of Sorry right there.
redline248
AG
Stive said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Wow!! That's a different level of Sorry right there.
One of my friends was talking about this...it was apparently Arizona State, and they were also yelling stuff like "your dad's history."

Total trash
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So how much of a bump will there be in Air Jordan sales due to this doc?

A friend just fulfilled his childhood dream and bought a pair of the OG Air Jordan 1's. (In green.)

They look pretty sick.
GreasenUSA
AG
redline248
AG
How much do they cost these days?
GreasenUSA
AG
redline248 said:

How much do they cost these days?
The lows were $90. They make a mid and a high for $10-50ish more.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
There's been a noticeable bump over the last month if StockX is to be trusted. Basically, it's an aftermarket/secondary market for shoes. A rough look at black/red Air Jordan I's looks to have gone up from an average of $650 to $850.

https://stockx.com/jordan-1-retro-bred-2016

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$90 for the lows to $150 for the highs, on the Nike site.

https://www.nike.com/w/mens-jordan-1-shoes-4fokyznik1zy7ok
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The XII's he wore for the flu (pizza, I guess?) game have gone up from $350 to $425 in the past month.

https://stockx.com/jordan-12-retro-flu-game-2016

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.