ESPN's Michael Jordan Doc moved up to April

59,608 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Petrino1
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I definitely agree with this
Fat Bib Fortuna
I really hope a lot of the last episode focuses on Game 3 of the NBA Finals when the Jazz cranked out 54 points on the night. Malone was 8-of-11 for 22 points, the rest of the team combined to shot 13 of 59.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199806070CHI.html

FancyKetchup14
AG
Lol @ Michael throwing the ball off Reggie Miller's head.

I'm going to miss watching this every Sunday night.
OCEN99
AG
Was that Bobby Flay sitting in front of pottymouth lady?
claym711
AG
What time do they post after the live airing?
johnnyblaze36
AG
That exchange between MJ and Bird at the end of episode 9 just had me crying tears of laughter. So savage.
johnnyblaze36
AG
GreasenUSA
AG
claym711 said:

What time do they post after the live airing?
Last week it was 2 hours later.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Me seeing Leo make a cameo:
The Shank Ag
Ugh, it's over
Ulrich
I've always wondered how hard Shaq really worked on his game. It seems like he should be in the discussion for second if not first based on his physical dominance and coordination, but he was never that well-rounded.

I remember watching him sprint up the court on a fast break and drop a nifty assist at what had to be 350 pounds super late in his career, and just wondering how that guy never really developed past step-through and dunk.
tk for tu juan
I officially miss the 90's now.
johnnyblaze36
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Ugh, it's over
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

And it ends with PJ "Present Tense" off "No Code", a personal top 10 favorite album all time. Geeeeez that was just all so great!

country
AG
Great series. So happy I got to watch it with my kids. They have watched a lot of the Jordan shorts but this just got inside his head at a whole different level. GOAT without question.
GreasenUSA
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

The Shank Ag said:

Ugh, it's over

And it ends with PJ "Present Tense" off "No Code", a personal top 10 favorite album all time. Geeeeez that was just all so great!

Yeah I went nuts when Pearl Jam queued up. No Code is my favorite PJ album!
johnnyblaze36
johnnyblaze36
AG
GreasenUSA said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

The Shank Ag said:

Ugh, it's over

Yeah I went nuts when Pearl Jam queued up. No Code is my favorite PJ album!
Strangely it's not on the official spotify playlist. Massive oversight.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX45xYefy6tIi?si=DQg-b3rGTPSssgBNdZRzJQ&nd=1
GreasenUSA
AG
EDIT: It's on the playlist now.

They've been adding to the Spotify playlist after episodes air each week. Are they usually updated this soon?
boogieman
AG
I had heard before that the "Flu Game" may have actually been the "Food Poisoning" for years. But how has nobody found out who the "5 guys" delivering the pizza were? I feel like they would of outed themselves by now.
Big Al 1992
AG
A huge thank you to ESPN/ABC, MJ, the Chicago Bulls and Director Jason Hehir for an amazing 10 hours of television. And especially huge thanks to all of them for moving it up from the original air time of June to these past 5 weeks. It more than filled the void of a sport less world.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

That exchange between MJ and Bird at the end of episode 9 just had me crying tears of laughter. So savage.

"You *****. **** you."
TCTTS
AG
I remember my excitement, and the massive expectations I had, when rumors of this doc started in 2016 or so. Yet, somehow, the final product exceeded them on every level. Start to finish, this was literally one of the best things I've ever seen. Not only that, but the timing could not have been better. I'm just so incredibly appreciative that it exists, that we got it when we did, and that it became the communal, must-see event we needed.

Long live the GOAT.
Saint Pablo
Damn Jerry Krause was a moron.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome soundtrack choice for MJ's final shot.

Psychag
AG
"Why would I think about missing a shot I haven't taken?"-Michael Jordan

That is one of the greatest quotes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So unexpected.

Also, for a split second I thought that was Zac Efron standing next to Leo. Then it hit me I'm an idiot.
TCTTS
AG
Was just about to start looking for this. Thanks for posting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You said it.

This was so beyond Tiger King. THIS will be what I remember most about this quarantine.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

"You *****. **** you."

Don't forget that he followed it up with "Go work on your golf game."

Even Larry Bird of all people didn't want the smoke as he just walked away. I can only imagine he had wished he could be on the court squaring off but was long gone at that point. It's been hard for me to appreciate current NBA basketball for a long time now (except 2011 Mavs) and this doc just made it even harder. 80's and 90's were the best decades bar none.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I only just stumbled upon this because obviously Last Dance is trending and I don't even encourage the clicks but whoever this miserable ***** is that wrote it is exactly who Jordan is talking about a few episodes ago when he said "That's just because you've never won anything."

What an incredible loser.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/05/the-last-dance-michael-jordan-bulls-wizards.html
TCTTS
AG
Dude just completely misses the point. The entire documentary is practically an exercise in Jordan flat out admitting to and grappling with the very "critique" this guy levels at him. Jordan KNOWS he was an ash*le who had to win at all costs. And the documentary itself is literally him saying, "Yeah? So?" Jordan could not make it any clearer that his reputation and his relationships were the price he had to pay for him - or for anyone - to achieve the unprecedented level of success he achieved. In the examination the doc offers, the morality of it all is basically inconsequential. That's not what the filmmakers are interested in. It's not about whether Jordan was right or wrong or whether his tunnel vision was ultimately something he should come to regret. It's the doc simply stating, matter of factly, "This is the cost." And the whole point is that Jordan UNDERSTOOD that cost, and was compelled to pay it anyway. Which is a far more fascinating character study than someone finally admitting, "You know what? I would give it all up in a heartbeat to have been there more as a father to my kids." That's what I want from my movies, but not necessarily from real life.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Agree completely. I shouldn't have even posted that but it made my blood boil so much after reading. None of it made sense.

It had to be a piece written before 9 & 10 even began and blanks filled in towards the end just for quick clicks. Just trash writing. Or maybe there are people who really think that way in real life? God I hope not.

Either way, my bad. Let's carry on with the positivity of this thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not to mention this little attempt at some sort of gotcha:

Quote:

Michael Leahy's 435-page book When Nothing Else Matters, which documents Jordan's second attempted basketball comeback, this time with the Washington Wizards, feels instructive here: Leahy finds Jordan again in search of success and adoration, three years removed from his final season---the last dance, eh?---with the champion Chicago Bulls.
Yes, how very clever of you. You got'eeem.
Big Al 1992
AG
This was great!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.