ESPN's Michael Jordan Doc moved up to April

59,546 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Petrino1
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well since we're thumping our chests about our team's titles, y'all Houston fans enjoy your 2 trophies while I enjoy the Spurs' 5.
T&P for living in SA.

says someone living in houston?
aTmAg
AG
ruddyduck said:

aTmAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well since we're thumping our chests about our team's titles, y'all Houston fans enjoy your 2 trophies while I enjoy the Spurs' 5.
T&P for living in SA.

says someone living in houston?
Not anymore.. I got the hell out of there.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i've lived in both (actually every major texas city). they're all just different shades of suck.
SACR
AG
Quote:

If you haven't, you should watch or re-watch that game. Being a sappy, nostalgic sports lover, I can't watch it without tearing up. I can't wait to hear MJ talk about this game in the Last Dance. Here he was, obviously should be in bed, absolutely nothing to prove, and he basically wins the game for his team.
It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you admit to crying over a replay. You're a little too much of a fanboy to give an objective opinion.
SACR
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

aTmAg said:

One thing this show don't even address was the NBA all stars vs USA games prior to 1984 Olympics. That USA team was a bunch of college players and a few recently drafted (yet to play) NBA players like Jordan and Ewing. The NBA all stars included Magic, Bird, Thomas, McHale, Walton, Ainge, Parrish, Worthy, and Drexler in their prime. The NBA team should have destroyed the Olympic team, but lost all 8. And it wasn't like the NBA players didn't care. They may have gone through the motions in the first game or two, but my the end they were hungry.
They mentioned that he became a superstar during the Olympics and that if the Olympics had taken place before the draft, he would have been the #1 pick. Hilariously, Charles Barkley was cut from the team because he and Knight didn't get along, and then Knight cut John Stockton in the final round of cuts to put his own guy Steve Alford on the team.
Barkley and Knight had an understanding, Barkley was using the Team USA tryouts to improve his draft stock, and Knight let him do that. Alford was kept on the team because he was a pure shooter, and Knight needed one of those to operate his motion offense, just like Phil Jackson needed John Paxson and Steve Kerr to make the triangle offense work. It is the same reason Knight kept Chris Mullin while cutting Stockton.
snowdog90
SACR said:

Quote:

If you haven't, you should watch or re-watch that game. Being a sappy, nostalgic sports lover, I can't watch it without tearing up. I can't wait to hear MJ talk about this game in the Last Dance. Here he was, obviously should be in bed, absolutely nothing to prove, and he basically wins the game for his team.
It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you admit to crying over a replay. You're a little too much of a fanboy to give an objective opinion.

What a moronic statement. I was being honest. And honestly, I've been playing and watching sports since about 1970, and I know what I'm talking about.

Why don't you refute any of my points instead of making some stupid statement about me?
AgShaun00
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

In the Rodman episode, I really enjoyed the on-the-bench defensive strategy talk between MJ and Rodman. Really cool to see 2 of the best defenders of all time talking strategy in game. I could watch Rodman defensive highlights all day long.
I agree. The work he did on shaq is fun
AgShaun00
AG
Paxson was 9-12 in gam 5. Scored 10 of the last 15. Crazy.
Madmarttigan
AG
ruddyduck said:

i've lived in both (actually every major texas city). they're all just different shades of suck.

This is the correct answer.
JCA1
AG
I forgot how much I hated John Starks.
Seven Costanza
AG
Episode 6 was fantastic.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Give this documentary all the awards.
AgShaun00
AG
JCA1 said:

I didn't. As Horace said bunch of *****es.
JCA1
AG
One of the unsung heroes of this is the midrange jumper. If it was good enough for the GOAT, it's good enough for me.
Know Your Enemy
AG
JCA1 said:

Same
aggiedata
AG
Poor Isaiah Thomas (who played got OU)

Big Al 1992
AG
Again the soundtrack - Stereo MCs, Tribe, early Outkast

Big Al 1992
AG
Every episode has been so so good.
They showed the clip I referenced earlier of MJ walking in Barcelona early in the morning during 92 Olympics, walks past a building and sees a 20 story mural of himself.
MJ vs Drexler. MJ vs Majerle. MJ vs Kukoc. Great stuff!
Micheal getting mobbed the second he walks out of an elevator from the hotel to the bus to the arena - it never stopped.
Skinny Charles Barkley was pretty good.
Ahmad Rashad was everywhere in the 90's - especially wherever Michael was.
The gambling - some serious shady characters then the interview in sunglasses.
The highlights - is there anyone in any sport that has more highlights? GOAT and it's not really close.
Big Al 1992
AG
Oh and this...Adidas reps are like the recording companies that turned down The Beatles.

JCA1
AG
FYI, The last Dance soundtrack is exclusively available as a playlist on Spotify.
Petrino1
One of the best parts of the documentary for me was seeing MJ and Ahmad Rashad driving around in his red Range Rover, smoking a cigar, and with the license plate "two trey". Classic.
JCA1
AG
ea1060 said:

One of the best parts of the documentary for me was seeing MJ and Ahmad Rashad driving around in his red Range Rover, smoking a cigar, and with the license plate "two trey". Classic.
The groomsmen in Ahmad Rashad's wedding were Bill Cosby and O.J. Simpson. Yikes. That did not age well at all.
Southlake
AgShaun00 said:

JCA1 said:

Hated John Starks but his dunk on Jordan was one of the all time bests. Not only a tough dunk in traffic but in the face of the best player of all time.
AgShaun00
AG
Southlake said:

AgShaun00 said:

JCA1 said:

Hated John Starks but his dunk on Jordan was one of the all time bests. Not only a tough dunk in traffic but in the face of the best player of all time.
i agree, but this isn't thread for it.
OCEN99
AG
JCA1 said:

FYI, The last Dance soundtrack is exclusively available as a playlist on Spotify.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX45xYefy6tIi?si=s4mDN-eSTKuvPAGhrqC4HA

Some absolute bangers on there.
Sex Panther
AG
OCEN99 said:

JCA1 said:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX45xYefy6tIi?si=s4mDN-eSTKuvPAGhrqC4HA

Some absolute bangers on there.

Stereo MC's had me hyped last night
redline248
AG
MJ saying he wasn't addicted to gambling looked & sounded like me telling my wife I wasn't addicted to World of Warcraft about 10 years ago
JCA1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Southlake said:

AgShaun00 said:

JCA1 said:

i agree, but this isn't thread for it.

It's not everyday you hear "take it to the John Starks thread."
Mr. White
At what point will this end up on Espn+ or Netflix?
ConroeAg
The Starks dunk was amazing, no doubt, but for anyone to say that it was "on Jordan" is a stretch.

First Starks shook off Armstrong, who was guarding him, then Grant came over to play help D and tried to block it and got dunked on for sure. Jordan was coming down from the key with Grant between him and Starks. He was trailing, and was close enough to have almost had a chance to block it, but he wasn't ever between Starks and the basket. Just watch it again from multiple angles.

Wishful thinking from Knicks fans and/or Jordan haters, but it's easily verifiable in replays.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yeah, this headline has me even more jacked for the next two episodes.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/last-dance-director-jason-hehir-shocked-michael-jordan-approved-episodes-7-8
aTmAg
AG
His dad gets murdered any day now (in documentary time). Perhaps they are talking about that?
Bruce Almighty
AG
ConroeAg said:

The Starks dunk was amazing, no doubt, but for anyone to say that it was "on Jordan" is a stretch.

First Starks shook off Armstrong, who was guarding him, then Grant came over to play help D and tried to block it and got dunked on for sure. Jordan was coming down from the key with Grant between him and Starks. He was trailing, and was close enough to have almost had a chance to block it, but he wasn't ever between Starks and the basket. Just watch it again from multiple angles.

Wishful thinking from Knicks fans and/or Jordan haters, but it's easily verifiable in replays.
100% agree! Starks dunked on Grant, not Jordan.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The Kevin Johnson dunk on Hakeem was way more impressive and rarely mentioned.
TCTTS
AG
Michael Jordan was and still is one of the coolest and funniest MFers on the planet.

That has consistently been my take away.

It was subtle, but Jordan telling Krause "It'll stunt your growth" after not giving him a cigar during the '92 championship celebration nearly made me spit my drink out. And that was just one of so many great zingers and laugh out loud moments in these two episodes.

I am absolutely loving every minute of this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.