ESPN's Michael Jordan Doc moved up to April

59,765 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Petrino1
RichardSplet
How long do you want to ignore this user?

April 19th to be exact
TCTTS
AG
aggiepaintrain
AG
hell yes
TCTTS
AG
Sunday.

AgShaun00
AG

So excited.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Tabasco
AG
Wonder if they will cover the Michael Jordan conspiracy theory re: his retirement and father's death.

TCTTS
AG
I don't think they dive that far, but apparently nothing was off limits. Jordan was game to discuss anything and everything.
AgShaun00
AG
Tabasco said:

Wonder if they will cover the Michael Jordan conspiracy theory re: his retirement and father's death.

Jordan has full control I read.
tk for tu juan
Old school LL Cool J
AgShaun00
AG
I hate Jerry. I loved the bulls and after he blew the team up I was done with them.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Holy shht these two episodes were fascinating. I can't wait for the rest.
mazzag
AG
chase128
AG
That was amazing and we have 8 more episodes.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Inject that **** right into my veins. I wish this was at least 20 episodes.
Stive
AG
AWESOME
amg405
AG
Fantastic start. I knew things were bad with the GM but.... not that bad.

This will end up being awesome.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
my fianc watched all two hours with me without once picking up her phone and she's not a sports chick.

this show. so great.
AgShaun00
AG
ruddyduck said:

9my fianc watched all two hours with me without once picking up her phone and she's not a sports chick.

this show. so great.
My wife watched it and was googling stuff about it. Not a sports fan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where can one watch this? Only for cable subscribers?
Big Al 1992
AG
That was amazing. If they had dropped all 10 episodes tonight like Netflix I'd watch it all tonight.
Big Al 1992
AG
And now the memes and tweets!

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I bought youtube TV just so I could watch this
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
That was incredible. I can't believe we get eight more hours of this.
TCTTS
AG
It's crazy, I was 17/18 during that final Bulls run, watched every game I could that season, vaguely remember there being *some* behind-the-scenes drama, but I had no idea it was that bad. I also have no recollection of Pippen being out that long. Had totally forgot about the trade rumors, too.

Regardless, the way the story is being told is so perfect. Filling in Jordan's past while periodically jumping back to the final season makes the runtime just fly by.
TCTTS
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I remember the Jerry Krause hate being widely known at the time. I remember ESPN and SI doing multiple stories about how everyone left because of Krause. There was even that Jordan Rules book in the early 90's that talked about how the Bulls players hated him.

I feel kind of bad for him. This story is clearly very one-sided due to Jordan having veto power on it, and feels a bit slimy speaking so poorly of the recently dead. It's entertaining as hell, but I don't think we can blame Krause for wanting to limit Jordan's minutes based on doctor recommendations, or for considering trading Pippen who was in the last year of his contract. I think his problem was that he was a little, fat man that had a bit of a Napoleon complex, and was just an easy target for player frustrations given all that. Maybe there will be more to come out for why he was so hated, but nothing he did seemed to be particularly egregious other than maybe that (mis)quote about organizations winning championships.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JCA1
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

I remember the Jerry Krause hate being widely known at the time. I remember ESPN and SI doing multiple stories about how everyone left because of Krause. There was even that Jordan Rules book in the early 90's that talked about how the Bulls players hated him.

I feel kind of bad for him. This story is clearly very one-sided due to Jordan having veto power on it, and feels a bit slimy speaking so poorly of the recently dead. It's entertaining as hell, but I don't think we can blame Krause for wanting to limit Jordan's minutes based on doctor recommendations, or for considering trading Pippen who was in the last year of his contract. I think his problem was that he was a little, fat man that had a bit of a Napoleon complex, and was just an easy target for player frustrations given all that. Maybe there will be more to come out for why he was so hated, but nothing he did seemed to be particularly egregious other than maybe that (mis)quote about organizations winning championships.

Seems particularly egregious to intentionally run off Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan while they are still winning championships. He indisputably did that.
Stive
AG
When you tell Phil that "no matter what happens this is your last year", and speak in absolutes before the season even starts, that's painting yourself into a pretty stupid corner.
M.C. Swag
AG
Stive said:

When you tell Phil that "no matter what happens this is your last year", and speak in absolutes before the season even starts, that's painting yourself into a pretty stupid corner.

Lol I can't believe he did that. Can you imagine the firestorm that would cause today?
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Where can one watch this? Only for cable subscribers?

ESPN
Aust Ag
AG
Tabasco said:

I thought his "retirement" had more to do with his gambling issues than his father's death....but maybe the two are connected? Either way, I doubt it gets addressed.
M.C. Swag
AG
Aust Ag said:

Tabasco said:

I thought his "retirement" had more to do with his gambling issues than his father's death....but maybe the two are connected? Either way, I doubt it gets addressed.

Haha yea, the deep state theorists think that Jordan's massive gambling debt is what precipitated a "hit" being put on his father.
Mozart Paintings
AG
This was fantastic..... my first thought was will we really need 10 hours to tell this story? Now my thoughts are we are going to need at least 20 hours of this.

Bring it on!!
gigemJTH12
AG
incredible stuff. Agreed on the Phil Jackson "last season" talk from Jerry. All out in the public. Absurd..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.