Django Unchained is the best Tarantino film.

5,618 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hph6203
ScottishFire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Change my mind.
Urban Ag
AG
Meh.

It's no Inglorious Basturd.
TCTTS
AG
TheDraw
AG
wrong

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's underrated, but not the best. It's probably my #4 or 5. (And was also in my top 5 of the decade.)

(And as I mentioned in another thread, middle-of-the-pack Tarantino movie stills means the best movie of most years.)
Another Doug
AG
Urban Ag said:

Meh.

It's no Inglorious Basturd.
Agreed.
Urban Ag
AG
This is in my top 10 lines of all time

TheDraw
AG
My List...

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Reservoir Dogs

3. Inglorious *******s

4. Four Rooms (Love this flick and would be my number 1, but I agree the others are better.)

5. Kill Bill Vol. 1
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
IDK about best, but its definitely my favorite of Tarantino's films.

Love it.
Ulrich
Liked
Reservoir Dogs
Inglourious Basterds
Django Unchained

Meh
Kill Bill

Hated
Hateful Eight
Pulp Fiction (turned it off a few minutes in, should probably try again someday)

Haven't seen
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Grindhouse
Jackie Brown
aTmAg
AG
I think all of his revenge pron movies are "meh". That's easy. Anybody can make something like that.

I think Jackie Brown is his best. I like how the characters are mostly smart (except De-Niro's) and acting in their own best interest. There isn't any over the top bad guy or over the top good guys. It's simply a good story. I think Pulp Fiction is his #2. Reservoir Dogs #3. I haven't seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Grindhouse, or Hateful Eight (started but it was late, I was bored, and it was loooong).
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Once Upon Time
Inglorious
Everything else
Urban Ag
AG
It seems like I am the only one around here that actually likes H8.

aTmAg
AG
Ulrich said:

Liked
Reservoir Dogs
Inglourious Basterds
Django Unchained

Meh
Kill Bill

Hated
Hateful Eight
Pulp Fiction (turned it off a few minutes in, should probably try again someday)

Haven't seen
Grindhouse
Jackie Brown

This is a good scene (that I can post):

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TheDraw said:

My List...

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Reservoir Dogs

3. Inglorious *******s

4. Four Rooms (Love this flick and would be my number 1, but I agree the others are better.)

5. Kill Bill Vol. 1

Four Rooms isn't a Tarantino movie... just The Man From Hollywood segment.

I'd never include it in a list of his films even for that segment.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Mine:

Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Basterds
Kill Bill 1 and 2
Jackie Brown
Django Unchained
Reservoir Dogs
Hateful Eight

For the record I love the top 4, and all the rest are really good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I think all of his revenge pron movies are "meh". That's easy. Anybody can make something like that.

Anybody can write one of the greatest opening scenes of all time? (Or any scene for that matter.)

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's probably just the age i was when it came out (20) but Pulp Fiction is head and shoulders above the rest of them for me. And talk about making (or remaking careers) - Sam Jackson, Travolta, Uma, Ving Rhames you could easily call it each of their signature roles. You could say it reinvigorated Bruce Willis too. His 3 roles before that were Bonfire of the Vanities, Striking Distance, and Color of Night.

I'd put Inglorious *******s Second and Reservoir Dogs third. I haven't seen either of the Kill Bills because I have zero interest in them, had to turn Django Unchained off after about 45 minutes because I wasn't enjoying it, and hope to see Once UPon a Time in Hollywood soon.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Anybody can write one of the greatest opening scenes of all time? (Or any scene for that matter.)

Actually, I agree with you on that. Christoph Waltz was incredible in that movie.

Of the revenge movies, I think this one is his best. And because of Waltz, this movie is better than "meh". I should have thought more before I posted that blanket statement.

However, what I think could have be GREAT is, if instead of the revenge part (Brad Pitt, the"Bear Jew", and all of that), they had it be some sort of French resistance spy movie, where Waltz was basically the same character, but the protagonist was a French resistance girl trying to not get found out while doing a mission of some sort. They could have kept almost all the scenes with Waltz similar. I think that would have been pretty damned awesome movie.
spag.ag2003
AG
Pulp is my favorite movie of all time - just an incredible achievement.

I know I'm in the very, very small minority but Basterds is my least favorite Tarantino movie. It has its moments, for sure, but it's hokey even for Quentin's standards. Just doesn't agree with me.

1. Pulp
2. Kill Bill
3. Django
4. Jackie Brown
5. Once upon a time...
6. The Hateful Eight
7. Death Proof
8. Basterds
Not a Bot
AG
Of the ones I've seen:

1. PF
2. RD
3. OUaTiH
4. IB
5. DU

I enjoyed all of them. Can really put them in any order behind Pulp Fiction. I haven't seen any of the others.
reineraggie09
AG
Hollywood is great. IB is my favorite. Still have a couple more to see. The KKK hood scene in Django might be the funniest movie scene of all time though.
Mort Rainey
Quote:

Turns off movie after a few minutes, still wants to have an opinion on it. Maybe sit this one out
HoustonAg2106
AG
ScottishFire said:

Change my mind.

You're wrong.

Change my mind.
ATM9000
AG
Hard to rank them. In my view

Outstanding: Pulp Fiction, Once Upon a Time, Django

Really Good: Jackie Brown, Death Proof, Kill Bills, Resevoir Dogs

Ok but highly overrated: Inglorious Basterds (although it has 2 of my favorite scenes he's ever shot in it)

Didn't like: Hateful 8
Claude!
reineraggie09 said:

Hollywood is great. IB is my favorite. Still have a couple more to see. The KKK hood scene in Django might be the funniest movie scene of all time though.

It's not even the funniest movie scene involving the KKK. That honor goes to Blazing Saddles.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Claude! said:

reineraggie09 said:

It's not even the funniest movie scene involving the KKK. That honor goes to Blazing Saddles.

shhopkins
AG
No
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I liked Hateful 8
Ulrich
Mabel Choate said:

Quote:

Turns off movie after a few minutes, still wants to have an opinion on it. Maybe sit this one out

I turned it off because I didn't like it, and still said that I probably owe it another chance. But good job piling on to something I already said, I guess. Collect your fanboy stars.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ulrich said:

Mabel Choate said:

Quote:

I turned it off because I didn't like it, and still said that I probably owe it another chance. But good job piling on to something I already said, I guess. Collect your fanboy stars.

Maybe move it to "haven't seen" rather then filing it under "hated" (unless the category is "hated the first 3 minutes")
BarryProfit
If you hate Pulp Fiction I not only don't respect your opinion I don't respect you as a person.
Ulrich
I didn't finish it because I hated it, I think I tapped out ~25 minutes in. Plus, now the QT fan club has something to bond over.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ulrich said:

I didn't finish it because I hated it, I think I tapped out ~25 minutes in. Plus, now the QT fan club has something to bond over.

Well you said you turned it off a few minutes in which is a little different than half an hour, and yes you should give it another chance especially if it's been a long time since you tried
AggieBarstool
TCTTS said:

This is correct. Pulp Fiction is his best and it isn't even close. /thread
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.