Django Unchained is the best Tarantino film.

5,602 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hph6203
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Complete Idiot said:

It's weird but I haven't watched Pulp Fiction since it came out. Remember really liking it buts it's dropped in my mind just because I haven't watched it.

As a film I'd be inclined to rank Reservoir Dogs at the top, driven by story and acting and nothing super over the top unbelievable. I know the ear scene is memorable and maybe could be classified as shock value, but that's it's.

As far as most enjoyable, I'd say mine is Inglorious Basterds. But for many of his movies I think there are scenes that people love or hate so much they just love or hate the entire movie. I just can never get the basement scene in IB out of my consciousness, so great.

kill bill is my least favorite. I think because I find it the least natural, over stylized and over the top. I know some love that, but not for me (I don't get into fantasy or comic book films that much for example).

Initial viewing of Hateful 8 seemed a bit off putting but if it's on I find I can't not watch it. It has a sort of gleeful fun feel to me.

Someone above said django is underrated but isn't it his highest grossing movie? That one didn't land with me but it's well made.

Jackie brown is up near top for same reason as Reservoir Dogs - it's driven by story and acting and it's grounded in reality.

Once Upon a Time is beautiful to look at, and I think DiCaprio is great in it (Pitts character is fun - but that's not acting to me), but it seems disjointed in that there is a series of scenes and it doesn't link up well as a coherent story. The ending I found ridiculous and not enjoyable while others said it's the only good part. Seemed out of step with rest of film.

This is a perfect example of how to share your thoughts/review of a movie
Complete Idiot
in rereading my stream of consciousness half thoughts I feel like you might be poking fun at the post, but that's fine. I could definitely spend more time and do a more coherent review of each.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
hph6203
AG
Pulp Fiction is tops and it's not even close.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Django Unchained
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Kill Bill Vol 1
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Death Proof
7. Kill Bill Vol 2

Haven't seen Jackie Brown, OUATIH, or Hateful 8 (turned it off after about 20 minutes, because I was tired and saw how long it was gonna be). 2-5 are pretty close. Death Proof is just fun. Kill Bill Vol 2 was a let down in comparison to Vol 1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.