Colin Trevorrow's STAR WARS: DUEL OF THE FATES script reviewed...

12,753 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Atreides Ornithopter
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is my opening scroll for Episode 0.5 The Bureaucracy Awakens

Hoping to have the whole thing written in the next month and will make a new thread to post it on - unfortunately I write all day for a living so will have to limit it to late nights.

The dead vote! Uproar in the CHOMMEL SYSTEM where aspiring politician SHEEV PALPATINE has won election to the SENATE of the GALACTIC REPUBLIC by a wide margin with a vote total that exceeds the amount of living sentient beings in the NABOO SYSTEM.

Unknown to voters and politicians alike is that PALPATINE is secretly DARTH SIDIOUS, who is planning to topple the REPUBLIC and destroy the JEDI ORDER with a sinister long-term plan that will ultimately lead to the revenge of THE SITH.

But first, SIDIOUS must go through new senator orientation in the business administration building on CORUSCANT where he will learn more about his living quarters, stipend, how to submit meal receipts for reimbursement (provided the meals are for Senatorial purposes), and how to get a temporary parking pass for his airspeeder for the SENATE PARKING GARAGE until such time as a permanent parking pass is made available to him.

TCTTS
AG
20 pieces of concept art just leaked from Trevorrow's draft, half of which are below. For the rest, along with captions/context, click the link...

https://imgur.com/a/lX9JG8F

TCTTS
AG
Man, I love so much of this. The Coruscant rebellion, specifically, looks like it would have been so epic. There's a dystopian, almost Japanese punk rock anime vibe to that stuff that's just so cool.
bobinator
AG
I'm interested in his use of the balcony at the opera house. Can he only invite people to the bubble opera for senate related reasons? Is it his personal balcony? Does he have to submit a conflict of interest form if the opera house is bidding for a senate retreat? THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERS.
bobinator
AG
Talk about overcomplicating the issue, the regular guillotine worked just fine, not sure a laser version is a huge benefit.
bobinator
AG
On a more serious note this concept art makes me think this movie would have also been terrible, but at least in a new and creative way.
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

Talk about overcomplicating the issue, the regular guillotine worked just fine, not sure a laser version is a huge benefit.

No blood makes the cleanup a breeze
bobinator
AG
I dunno, there was still plenty of blood coming out of that arm that Obi Wan took off.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Starkiller and the Gorog demand their residual checks for this infringement.
Ulrich
TCTTS said:

Oh damn
Flashdiaz
AG
so he was going to bring Phasma back?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man, do I wish we got Coruscant.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Trevorrow was very good at creating strong visuals. Some of the Coruscant stuff looks awesome, and force ghost Luke blocking the lightsaber would have been a gasp-out-loud moment.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Some amazing stuff in here...

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/02/new-concept-art-colin-trevorrow-star-wars-episode-ix-duel-of-the-fates.html

https://imgur.com/a/fbZFcbC
Malachi Constant
AG
agracer
AG
PatAg said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Anyone who is disappointed with the sequel trilogy (which seems to be most people) should read the Heir to the Empire trilogy from Timothy Zahn.

I read it in high school and again after college and it still held up as a fun, cohesive, Star Wars trilogy. Maybe I'll read it again this year. It was written in the 90's and is set shortly after RotJ, so you have the original Star Wars cast back as your primary protagonists, plus some great new characters and a villain so good they actually lifted him into the Rebels TV show as a primary antagonist.

Folks disappointed in the sequel trilogy might enjoy it.
I really wish they would have just taken those books and made a few movies.
The actors were way to old to do the Heir to the Empire Trilogy.

It was a good story, although the clone thing got a bit ridiculous.
redline248
AG
Someone has an anti Disney agenda, imo, to leak all this stuff.
TCTTS
AG
Anti Disney? I'd say it's more anti the-Episode-IX-we-got-instead.
redline248
AG
Well, yes. But Disney fired him and paved the way for Rise
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, but now Trevorrow is working for Kennedy's husband, shooting Jurassic World 3. If there was truly bad blood there, I think Trevorrow would have removed himself from that whole situation/group completely. I don't think it's him or anyone in his circle releasing this stuff. I think it's just a disgruntled Lucasfilm employee or former employee who didn't like the way things turned out.
The Collective
AG
SW pre-development stuff always sounds / looks badass. So, it is difficult to look at these items and think that it would better.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll be honest. This concept art has swayed me from "it would've been no better than what we got", to "I really wish we got this movie."

Alas. Carrie's death is probably the tragic event that made the new script necessary.

That said, I do agree that concept art almost always looks awesome and usually even better than the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it seems her death had more impact than previously thought. I had always just assumed Trevorrow started writing after her death, since we were still a year out from even TLJ releasing when she died. But now it's apparent that Trevorrow had a pretty good script with her in it, and then when she died they just couldn't figure out how to keep the same basic story and write around her. So it was less a situation of "Trevorrow sucks" and more just terrible, sh/tty timing.
TCTTS
AG
Here we go. Actual pages and excerpts are finally starting to leak. The script itself shouldn't be far behind...

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Those were all the leaked excerpts with page numbers visible. The rest of these are random excepts without much of an idea for where they fall in the script...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I cant buy palpatine telling vader if Luke strikes me down, here's what to do next. If that had happened either vader becomes emperor or luke does.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.