Villains that did nothing wrong.

18,322 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggietony2010
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
100%. Every single member of that family is an as**ole.
Stive
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Quote:

Thanos is an eco-warrior that has gone too far

That is why comic book thanos was a much better character. But completely inappropriate for a mass market movie.

I never read the comics...what was Thanos like there compared to the movies?
SgtBarbarossa
IceMan from Top Gun. Dude was a jackass but so was Maverick as the hero

The neighbors in Christmas Vacation. They're snobs but hell, I would be too if I lived next to the Griswolds' shenanigans.

Snape. Even before the last two books/three movies vindicated him I thought he was always treated like **** for trying to keep three pre-teens from killing themselves.
chipotle
I always felt that the parents in the Parent Trap were the true villians. Who separates their kids and intentionally neglects to inform them of their siblings existence? Hell, the villain who was just marrying the father for money looked like a saint compared to them in my opinion.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
T-H-E-M, them. Get the picture?
rhutton125
AG
Thanos in the comics was probably similar when it comes to intimidating presence, intellect, etc. In the comics, there are various god-level beings like Eternity, and Death, and things like that. Thanos is in love with Death, who is usually depicted as a female grim reaper of sorts.

In the Infinity Gauntlet series, Thanos learns that Death is dismayed that there are more people alive in the universe today than have ever died before. So he goes about, gathering the infinity stones to erase half of life in the galaxy, to try and impress her.

It'd be hard to translate that into film and be very interesting. Still, clever play on words in his first appearance, in the Avengers post-credits. "To challenge them is to court death," to which Thanos just smiles.
Satellite of Love
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Satellite of Love said:

CDub06 said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Scar was just trying to overthrow the oppressive rule of his brother who shunned certain species to the elephant graveyard. Scar just happened to be a bad leader who was too headstrong to leave Pride Rock when the drought/famine hit.
What about murdering the kid's father in front of him and psychologically tormenting him?
Also he helped to incite a riot (the stampede). I would also add treason, conspiracy and child endangerment to the list.

To overthrow a xenophobic dictator. Those hyenas were literally starving and cast aside. Also, it's not like lions have elections. How do you think Mufasa became king? And then these dumb lions are gonna blame a drought on another lion? Lol.
When left unchecked, look how the decimated the Prideland under Scar's rule. They hyenas were bad and Mufasa had every right as king to banish those who aren't valuable members of the kingdom. Remember Mufasa's kingdom encoumpassed where the light touched, it isn't his fault the elephant graveyard isn't a bountiful oasis of food, nor was it apart of his kingdom. It wasn't his responsibility to make that the other kingdom was ruled properly.

Plus during Scar's song the hyenas were goose stepping around. They are Nazis waiting to take over the Prideland.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
P.C. Principal
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's stuff like that you don't really think of as a kid but you notice when you rewatch as an adult. Like wow they treat the kid like ****
bluefire579
AG
Gaston. Belle was held captive by the beast and developed Stockholm syndrome. He was only trying to save her from captivity.
HtownAg92
AG
Billy Batts -- all he did was break the balls of a non-made guy from another family. This was done all the time. Tommy needed to have thicker skin if he wanted to be a wiseguy. Him flying off the handle at Billy and Spider was uncalled for.
Texaggie7nine
Um. Tommy was the villain....
7nine
HtownAg92
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

How so? He was one of Henry's best friends, Jimmy's connection to the family, a member of the "good guys" crew, the one who amused the crew and made them laugh, a big part of the biggest scores, etc.
Texaggie7nine
HtownAg92 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

How so? He was one of Henry's best friends, Jimmy's connection to the family, a member of the "good guys" crew, the one who amused the crew and made them laugh, a big part of the biggest scores, etc.
They were all villains.
7nine
double aught
AG
P.C. Principal said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's stuff like that you don't really think of as a kid but you notice when you rewatch as an adult. Like wow they treat the kid like ****
There is a lot of nastiness coming from all sides, including Kevin, in the first half hour of the first movie. My mom begrudgingly let me watch it as a kid, but she was sure to point out the unacceptable behavior.
Sex Panther
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Billy Batts -- all he did was break the balls of a non-made guy from another family. This was done all the time. Tommy needed to have thicker skin if he wanted to be a wiseguy. Him flying off the handle at Billy and Spider was uncalled for.

That's why Tommy got whacked. He was a psycho and complete loose cannon, even by mafia standards.

And yeah they are all pretty bad guys
A Net Full of Jello
AG
I maintain Gaston is wrongfully labeled as a villain. I mean, Belle is pretty snobby about the entire towns and even walks through the town singing a song about how she thinks she is better than everyone there. Gaston, on the other hand, is beloved by everyone in the village. How bad can he really be? Meanwhile, Beast kidnaps Maurice and only agrees to let him go so he can have Belle stay instead, attempting to force her to enter into a bestiality relationship. Gastonthinks Maurice is crazy ranting about the beast and has him locked up. When Gaston finds out the beast exists and sees him raging like crazy in the enchanted mirror, he decides to do the heroic thing and try to save the village. At that point, Belle shows that she has a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome and Gaston knows she needs to be locked up to protect both herself and the village village.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. Kevin is a little brat too, but I blame horrible parenting. I mean look at Buzz.
rednecked
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Little Bill in Unforgiven.

Little Bill may not be a villain but he is certainly not a good guy. He has no problem beating a person half to death under the mere suspicion of breaking a law. He also likes to play judge and jury with the cowboys who cut the prostitute, setting fines that favor the pimp and not the maimed prostitute.

One of the things I always love about Unforgiven is there are no "good" guys. Every single character in that movie has some serious flaws. you've got killers, rapists, pimps, prostitutes, cops who act as judge, jury executioner, a writer who celebrates the killers. there might be some good folks in Big Whiskey but you don't see them.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
rednecked said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Little Bill may not be a villain but he is certainly not a good guy. He has no problem beating a person half to death under the mere suspicion of breaking a law. He also likes to play judge and jury with the cowboys who cut the prostitute, setting fines that favor the pimp and not the maimed prostitute.

One of the things I always love about Unforgiven is there are no "good" guys. Every single character in that movie has some serious flaws. you've got killers, rapists, pimps, prostitutes, cops who act as judge, jury executioner, a writer who celebrates the killers. there might be some good folks in Big Whiskey but you don't see them.

That's the point. That world is upside down.
In the end you're rooting against the only guy laying down the law.
Those generic nerds in Saved by the Bell seemed pretty harmless.
HtownAg92
AG
rednecked said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

letters and such?

Little Bill was brutal in his methods, but he was doing his job and protecting his town. The Duck, Ned and Will all came to town with intent to break the law, and the Duck broke it by coming in armed. Bill didn't beat up 2 innocent guys. One was going to kill and the other was part of the group that already did. He was sending a message to bounty killers all the way to Texas.
FarmerJohn
AG
I walked out of Avatar bummed that the Colonel didn't win. He's in an impossible situation of maintaining security for a relatively small compound and keeping the people there from being overwhelmed and massacred. They go through the trouble of finding a way to communicate with the local inhabitants, only for the guy they have go in there turn traitor. Tries to fight and minimize local casualties, but in part thanks to the traitor is faced with the base being overrun. In a last desperate gamble, the Colonel launches a preemptive strike against the local communication hub to disrupt the impending assault, but is killed in the fight.

The consequence of this failure is the loss of billions of human lives when the energy from the mineral they were mining doesn't make it back to Earth.
rednecked
AG
HtownAg92 said:

rednecked said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

letters and such?

Little Bill was brutal in his methods, but he was doing his job and protecting his town. The Duck, Ned and Will all came to town with intent to break the law, and the Duck broke it by coming in armed. Bill didn't beat up 2 innocent guys. One was going to kill and the other was part of the group that already did. He was sending a message to bounty killers all the way to Texas.
of course he was doing his job (and I'm splitting hairs just for the fun of it) but was Little Bill the elected to be Sheriff of the town or the judge? Is it the Sheriff's job to determine guilt or innocence?

He could have taken the Duck's guns, Will's guns and anyone else's guns and put them in prison to wait for the circuit judge to come around. He could have arrested those cowboy's who cut the ***** and held them over for a the circuit judge, but he didn't do any of that either.

Bill also murdered Ned who I don't think ever set foot in Big Whiskey.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, except for the whole invading-the-indigenous-people's-land part, and the ravaging-their-most-sacred-natural-structures-for-profit thing, I'd say you're spot on.

Also, where did the loss of billions of human lives come into play?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Also, where did the loss of billions of human lives come into play?
It doesn't, he made that up. Also, username does NOT check out.
FarmerJohn
AG
We don't know how the Colonel got there, only that he was the only one who understood the this was a fight for survival. Yes, he was going to basically drop a MOAB on the spiritual tree, but only to disrupt the enemies communication. That's a valid military target. The politician guy played by Ribisi was a proper villain and got a lot of people killed.

As for the billions of people, they were there for the energy from those rocks because the Earth was dying. That's what they said at the beginning of the movie. I'm just assuming that people lived on Earth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No, Ribisi says they're only on Pandora because unobtanium sells for 40 million a kilo or whatever amount he says. Nothing about the Earth needing it for energy.
Drawkcab
Buddy's dad on Elf. The guy's just trying to run a business.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
The Nazgul were just trying to help their boss recover a lost piece of jewelry.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ray Zalinsky on Tommy Boy. Guy was just a hard nosed businessman.
Texaggie7nine
Rob Lowe in Wayne's World.

He's just trying to run a profitable business and sell adds.
7nine
bearamedic99
AG
Mr Incredible's boss in The Incredibles 1 at the insurance company

/revision/latest?cb=20190702052302
Article 58-10 Offender
Texaggie7nine said:

he purchased a feeble cable access show for the sole purpose of exploiting it, AND he tried to steal Wayne's girlfriend. fk that guy.
Texaggie7nine
Article 58-10 Offender said:

Texaggie7nine said:

he purchased a feeble cable access show for the sole purpose of exploiting it, AND he tried to steal Wayne's girlfriend. fk that guy.
Wayne didn't have to accept the offer. He wanted to get paid, so he has to play the game of selling advertising.
7nine
Furlock Bones
AG
CDub06 said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Scar was just trying to overthrow the oppressive rule of his brother who shunned certain species to the elephant graveyard. Scar just happened to be a bad leader who was too headstrong to leave Pride Rock when the drought/famine hit.
What about murdering the kid's father in front of him and psychologically tormenting him?
he didn't murder him in front of Simba. Simba never knew until the end of the movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.