***** Survivor Island if the Idols *****

25,000 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Kellso
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premiered tonight.

One random thing I noticed during premier... there were 2 personal injury lawyers and 2 admissions counselors according to their professions listed under names.

I like the angle they've taken with Sandra and rob. I was worried from the preview that they'd be full time coaches. Don't think I could handle that much of them, but I think I like this concept. Interested to see how they test softer skills than fire building.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Have it on the DVR - is Sandra's advice "do nothing at challenges and make a movie with 5 people left?"
Aggie Infantry
AG
I wonder what Boston Rob and Mean Sandra are being paid to be on the show?

When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
Frozen Concoction
No eye candy this season at all. Gameplay better be Devins-level good.
MooreTrucker
AG
I think Elizabeth is attractive.
gambochaman
AG
Frozen Concoction said:

No eye candy this season at all. Gameplay better be Russell Hanz-level good.
gravy97
AG
don't under estimate the dirty island hot factor... may just have to work a little harder this season
MooreTrucker
AG
gravy97 said:

don't under estimate the dirty island hot factor... may just have to work a little harder this season

Elizabeth, Chelsea and Molly have potential for that. Not much else to work with.
Tabasco
AG
Pretty impressive they got Vladimir Putin on the show
LHIOB
AG
Pretty strong start. The most annoying voted out first.

Im guessing Rob and Sandra are just hanging around til they film season 40
Frozen Concoction
Tabasco said:

Pretty impressive they got Vladimir Putin on the show

I thought the guy was a cross between Putin and Mariusz Pudzianowski of World's Strongest Man fame.
aTmAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Have it on the DVR - is Sandra's advice "do nothing at challenges and make a movie with 5 people left?"
And "be lucky enough to play with a major A-hole that gets rid of all your competition for you and carries you to the final 2"
DannyDuberstein
AG
The extremely short list of even remotely attractive females just got shorter. Or I guess nonexistent. Woof.
LHIOB
AG
That one hurts. Also its a dumb vote. Who they vote off next? Classic case of women turning on the pretty one.
MooreTrucker
AG
Was the isolation area with the jugs to break in the last season or the one before? Because both of them used that as their lie about what happened on the island.
LHIOB
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Was the isolation area with the jugs to break in the last season or the one before? Because both of them used that as their lie about what happened on the island.

That was from Ghost Island
MooreTrucker
AG
Ah OK. I still thought it was funny that they both used it as their lie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Really confused why either of them would lie. Now they're totally relying on the next person to go to perpetuate their lie. If you're the 2nd person out there, all you have to do is give a better version of the truth and the first person is gone - at least the swimmer would be since she lost the fire contest to Rob.

The Asian girl looked like a numbskull at the island but man she sold it back at camp, that was pretty sweet.

A few years back I used to run the Survivor pick'em game but I stopped in 2016 when I had gotten in a car wreck. is there interest in picking that up again? Basically you pick 2 women and women to acquire points from now until the merge, then you have to go forth with 1 man and 1 woman the rest of the way. I think someone else ran a similar game a couple of years ago, but let me know.
Eso si, Que es
MuckRaker96 said:

Really confused why either of them would lie. Now they're totally relying on the next person to go to perpetuate their lie. If you're the 2nd person out there, all you have to do is give a better version of the truth and the first person is gone - at least the swimmer would be since she lost the fire contest to Rob.

The Asian girl looked like a numbskull at the island but man she sold it back at camp, that was pretty sweet.

A few years back I used to run the Survivor pick'em game but I stopped in 2016 when I had gotten in a car wreck. is there interest in picking that up again? Basically you pick 2 women and women to acquire points from now until the merge, then you have to go forth with 1 man and 1 woman the rest of the way. I think someone else ran a similar game a couple of years ago, but let me know.

I thought the Asian girl was awkwardly unbelievable. She kept hiding her face in her hands and avoiding eye contact. She made me cringe
LHIOB
AG
What an idiot
Bobcat06
AG
Self inflicted wounds:
  • actually cutting her hand with a knife
  • volunteering to do a puzzle when she sucks at puzzles
  • refusing to strategize or try to target anyone else
  • bragging at tribal council about how she is a physical threat
MooreTrucker
AG

What do you think she whispered to the other girls? That Vince had an idol?
LHIOB
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Self inflicted wounds:
  • actually cutting her hand with a knife
  • volunteering to do a puzzle when she sucks at puzzles
  • refusing to strategize or try to target anyone else
  • bragging at tribal council about how she is a physical threat

Yeah, shes more physical than an NHL player who looks like he could be in the WWE. Shes a terrible player and character. I hope shes not a goat for the strong women on her tribe...
LHIOB
AG
MooreTrucker said:

What do you think she whispered to the other girls? That Vince had an idol?

Id bet nothing. All for show.
Frozen Concoction
So far, the only interesting things this season are the Rob/Sandra contrived challenges.
If it wasn't our family routine to watch survivor on Wednesdays, I think I'd be done with this season. What a miss by the casting department. It's like the Amazing Race season with that obnoxious guy from the Bronx - I just don't care about any of the players.
A-A Ron
Frozen Concoction said:

So far, the only interesting things this season are the Rob/Sandra contrived challenges.
If it wasn't our family routine to watch survivor on Wednesdays, I think I'd be done with this season. What a miss by the casting department. It's like the Amazing Race season with that obnoxious guy from the Bronx - I just don't care about any of the players.
I've kind of felt the same way so far, hopefully some will grow on me or at least some I grow to despise, and I'm ok with Rob, Sandra still gets on my nerves as she always has.
aTmAg
AG
I thought the Sandra/Rob "lesson" yesterday was stupid. While it was a pretty cool challenge to steal fire from the other tribe, the notion that it was training him to be "calm under pressure" is laughable. Just say, "we'll give you an idol if you steal fire from the other tribe. Here's a map."
Aggie Infantry
AG
This season is missing any really cute girls...
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
hbc07
AG
What I wanted to see, and they didn't show, was Vince returning from Island of the Idols. There had to have been an awkward moment where he had to lie (or not) and either keep up the story of the girl that went first or blow it up.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't like the way it's set up because it's taking away from the game. You get picked at random to go over there and then get targeted no matter what you were doing previously in the game. Vince was a non-threat but a good "do what we say" vote. Now true he is an idiot for not playing the idol, but it's still taking away from the in-camp alliances and strategy.

I doubt anyone out there could have this kind of in-the-moment reaction, but would really love someone to go to Island of the Idols and pretend they have no idea who Boston Rob or Sandra are. Or keep thinking that the two of them are married.
bbattbq01
AG
Frozen Concoction said:

I was talking about this with my wife the other night. There aren't any characters we like yet. But to be fair, I think that's the case a lot of season pre-merge.
Bulldog73
AG
So far it's a snooze. Noura is a horrendous player completely lacking self awareness. "Hey guys, we have a classic survivor challenge that I've never seen which completely relies on the ability to communicate clearly.... here's how confusing I can make it. Let's top that off with a ridiculous lie."
Eso si, Que es
Jeff blew it at the torch snuff. He so should have said, "Chelsea, sorry -thanks for playing"

I can't believe un selfaware girl really thought that lie about being the caller in the blindfold challenge was gonna fly. I laughed when they just made her sit out. Really wanted to see return to camp when they asked her about how she was able to sit out if her rules she laid out were true.
Southlake
Worst group ever on Survivor.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Southlake said:

Worst group ever on Survivor.
nothing will be as bad as the time the used car salesman won and that crazy dude choked the other guy out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.