***** Survivor Island if the Idols *****

24,996 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Kellso
Bobcat06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EOE should bring back one player after the merge.

Bringing back a player at final five was a cheap way to guarantee a win for Joe and it backfired. It should never happen again.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Strategy: Vote Rob out on Day 3, spend next 36 days hitting on Amber.

Second strategy: Develop strategy that involves Amber and Parvati making out, with Danni as first alternate.
aTmAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Second strategy: Develop strategy that involves Amber and Parvati making out, with Danni as first alternate.
Why not all 3?
Counterpoint
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Now this I could get behind!
Bulldog73
AG
Instead of showing anything like that, they'd probably just roll hastags across the whole screen or give us a SJW speech.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
HTownAg98 said:

So there were 20 contestants, and only 17 at the finale. There were two who weren't going to be there (Dan and someone Jeff said couldn't be there), but who was the third?

Elizabeth was missing, I think. Couldn't place who else was missing (besides Dan, obviously).
agsquirrel97
AG
PermianBasinAggie said:

HTownAg98 said:

So there were 20 contestants, and only 17 at the finale. There were two who weren't going to be there (Dan and someone Jeff said couldn't be there), but who was the third?

Elizabeth was missing, I think. Couldn't place who else was missing (besides Dan, obviously).
The long haired dude who apologized for saying doo rag
LHIOB
AG
Rob as the best player of all time?! It took him 4 seasons and a cast for of idiots to win! That season should have been called Survivor: Boston Rob's Gift.

I think Tyson Apostle is one of, if not the best. This could be a fun Survivor debate thread leading up to S40.
CheeseSndwch
I've been thinking about it for a few days and while I have no problem with Tommy winning I don't think I would have voted for him based on the edit he received. I feel like the Boston Rob and Sandra moments ate up the clock each episode and took away from the season as a whole and whatever Tommy did to win was lost on the cutting room floor.
double aught
AG
I appreciate that they try new things, but I thought Island of the Idols was a bust. There were a couple of interesting moments, but it didn't really effect the game much.
Rudyjax
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

I've been thinking about it for a few days and while I have no problem with Tommy winning I don't think I would have voted for him based on the edit he received. I feel like the Boston Rob and Sandra moments ate up the clock each episode and took away from the season as a whole and whatever Tommy did to win was lost on the cutting room floor.
They liked him better.
LHIOB
AG
It is funny that the winner was the only one who didnt go to Island of the Idols
aTmAg
AG
LHIOB said:

Rob as the best player of all time?! It took him 4 seasons and a cast for of idiots to win! That season should have been called Survivor: Boston Rob's Gift.

I think Tyson Apostle is one of, if not the best. This could be a fun Survivor debate thread leading up to S40.
Is that the guy who was cocky about Russell and then got owned by him (and voted out) later that same episode? He didn't seem anything special to me. Not compared to the other winners (and non-winners like Russell).
Bobcat06
AG
Tony Vlachos is one of the best
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Do you remember tony trying to work as final puzzle and telling the camera "they could have given me all day and I couldn't have solved that thing
expresswrittenconsent
Russell played a completely unwinnable game (and then stupidly did it again despite having the massive advantage his 2nd season of nobody knowing who he was). He is overrated and a 1 trick pony. Sort of like saying the long drive contest winner is a better golfer than the masters champ.
aTmAg
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Russell played a completely unwinnable game (and then stupidly did it again despite having the massive advantage his 2nd season of nobody knowing who he was). He is overrated and a 1 trick pony. Sort of like saying the long drive contest winner is a better golfer than the masters champ.
Still owned Tyson.
Straight Talk
AG
Very disappointing season. Preachy, dull participants and they lost control.

None of us viewers know anything about what happened, really. CBS will go full bore to bury the truth and unfortunately the guy signed his rights away. So next season, after being a fan from the first, I'm done.

Like watching Elvis perform at the end or seeing Willie now, it has run its course.
double aught
AG
I'm glad to see Yul will be back. He was one of the most deserving winners. It'll be interesting to see how well he can compete over a decade later. Plus, he seems like a great guy.
Kellso
aTmAg said:

Aaron4885 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

Season 40 looks strong. I am very interested in the token concept of purchasing things.

Also, Boston rob and his wife are gonna have a huge target on their backs because they are a known duo. No way around it, use them for numbers short term, but don't let them go too deep as a couple. They can be a shield, but they are at a huge disadvantage.
If they cast is smart you vote out Sandra first as she has already won twice (2 mil) don't let her hang around til the end like she did the last 2 times she played.
Sandra has played 3 times and didn't even make the merge the last time she played. I think she is the most overrated player ever. Her last victory was only because she was dragged to the end by Russel who was too big of an A-hole to ever win over a jury. Every big move she tried on her own failed miserably.

I think Boston Rob is the best player ever. But agsquirrel97 is right. He and his wife are going to have a huge target on their back. I assume they will start out on opposite tribes.

Boston Rob did not make the merge the first time ( of 5 total times he played) he was on Survivor.

Quote:

Sandra won the first two times she played Survivor. She won the most competitive and toughest season of Survivor....another season in which Boston Rob did not make the jury.

In 39 seasons of this show Sandra is still the only person to ever win the Show twice.....and some of these other players you guys tout for GOAT honors have played 4 and 5 times already.

Sandra is easily the best Survivor player.
I will repeat the same thing I stated prior to Heroes Vs Villains which is whoever wins next season automatically becomes one of the GOATS based on the level of competition and joining Sandra as the only multiple winner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.