Shows that actually had a GOOD ending?

8,470 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Humorous Username
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mary Tyler Moore Show

(I loved Nick at Nite as a kid)
mazag08
AG
Jericho
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Shield's last episode wasn't as great as some of its previous season finales (Vic kills Ronnie, the Money Train, Shane kills Lem), but is very strong, especially the fates of Shane and Vic.

I thought the 2004 edition of BSG had an amazing final, although some didn't like it. I've watched that series twice through again and there's only episode I can't stand.

Star Wars Rebels - visionary, lovingly made for fans, and that epilogue is emotional.

A. Solzhenitsyn
this thread makes me realize how few television shows I have watched to fruition.
annie88
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

FTACO97 said:

wangus12 said:

Scrubs
While I absolutely love Scrubs....you have to act like the last season doesn't exist....

What last season. I have no idea what you're talking about.
This.
annie88
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Mary Tyler Moore Show

(I loved Nick at Nite as a kid)
I saw that finale in real time. I was 11. It was good.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Justified was fantastic. The cat finally caught the mouse.

The office ended on a high note.

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I loved The Sopranos ending.

I'm with you Sopranos was damn near perfect.

Maybe....maybe could have been improved by just a look of panic on Carmela's or Meadow's face as seen from Tony's perspective right before the black screen.

And then Chase butchered it after by waffling about Tony for years until Gandolfini passed. I think he just wanted to make a movie possibly so he lied and said Tony maybe didn't die there.

It was so wel foreshadowed for a season leading up to it and all of the symbolism in the last episode.

So close to perfection actually but Chase chickened out and hedged it. But still great if you just accept it for what it meant.

JCA1
AG
Don't recall the finale of Scrubs so I must not have thought much of it. But I will say, at its peak, it was one of the most laugh-out-loud funny sitcoms of the last 20 years. Still love it when I run across the air band episode and they're playing More Than A Feeling in front of the hospital.
AgCanuck07
AG
The Leftovers
Satellite of Love
The West Wing
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
ham98
Filoni should be in charge of the overall narrative in the star wars universe
Coog97
Miami Vice
Cheers
Seinfeld

I'm old.
JCA1
AG
Coog97 said:

Miami Vice
Cheers
Seinfeld

I'm old.

Cheers was great. Sam straightening the crooked Geronimo picture as the final scene was a great touch. For those that don't know, the picture was put on set in tribute to Coach after he died.
JABQ04
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

M * A * S * H

Glad to see this was first.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
JCA1 said:

Don't recall the finale of Scrubs so I must not have thought much of it. But I will say, at its peak, it was one of the most laugh-out-loud funny sitcoms of the last 20 years. Still love it when I run across the air band episode and they're playing More Than A Feeling in front of the hospital.
Ain't no way someone watches the last episode of season 8 (the real finale), and doesn't get choked up. Go back and watch it, it was very memorable.

Scrubs was probably the best I've seen at its ability to make you laugh and cry in the same episode, sometimes in the same scene.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
AgCanuck07 said:

The Leftovers
Good call. Maybe one of the best endings ever.
Objective Aggie
AG
Community
safety guy
AG
Underrated show: The Middle. As a parent of 3 kids, that final was really good and touching.
I enjoyed the Americans finalle.
I actually enjoyed Lost's except the very last part of everybody being together.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Malcolm in the Middle.
aggie_fan13
AG
don meditating and then the coke ad was primo
Humorous Username
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Breaking Bad
Office
NYPD Blue (satisfactory not great)
Cheers
Frasier

Only made it through the first seven seasons of Frazier on Netflix, but watched the finale. Such a satisfying ending.
Humorous Username
AG
safety guy said:

Underrated show: The Middle. As a parent of 3 kids, that final was really good and touching.
I enjoyed the Americans finalle.
I actually enjoyed Lost's except the very last part of everybody being together.

Brick confirmed as a time traveler.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

AgCanuck07 said:

The Leftovers
Good call. Maybe one of the best endings ever.

Does that show get any better? I watched the first three episodes and was bored out of my mind.
TCTTS
AG
Season one is one of the slowest, most maddening, most depressing shows I've ever seen. It's good, no doubt, but I could never sit through it again. That said, they completely retool the series in season two - same story/core characters, but a new setting (Texas), along with new/additional cast members, who are great. It remains just as dour at times, but takes some crazy, captivating risks that are just so thrilling to watch. Season two is a masterpiece, IMO, and then season three takes everything I loved about season two, but goes in an ever cooler, Lost-like direction, changing settings yet again, but culminating in one of the best series finales I've ever seen. Honestly, what I'd do is just read a recap of season one, maybe watch the season one finale, but then start "fresh" with season two. It's an entirely different experience.
chiken
AG
Friends did it pretty well.
Farmer1906
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Parks and Rec

This was my first thought

That last season was trash. Very meh ending.
oragator
The last few minutes of MASH were beyond perfect.
Newhart has to get a shoutout, maybe the best single scene in sitcom history,
I liked the Lost finale more than most, and agree on Parks.

Cheers will always be my favorite though, it was 100 percent true to what it was as a show, and ended completely in character.

Couple of honorable mentions, 30 rock and Star Trek TNG.

Cappo
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Justified was fantastic. The cat finally caught the mouse.

The office ended on a high note.

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I loved The Sopranos ending.
Sopranos ending was great, surprisingly most viewed episode was season 4 premiere though
bigjag19
AG
Farmer1906 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Parks and Rec

This was my first thought

That last season was trash. Very meh ending.

I didn't wake up planning on a fight. But here we are.

Also I liked Big Bang ending.
TCTTS
AG
I'm literally almost done with a Parks and Rec rewatch, smack dab in the middle of the last season, and you're crazy if you think the last season is anywhere even in the vicinity of "trash." I'm actually shocked at how strong it's ending, as I didn't remember it being this good the first time around.

And while I'm at it, I might as well stoke the fire even more... I love The Office, and it is inarguably the more iconic show, but my rewatch of Parks and Rec has solidified it as my favorite of the two. I don't know that I've ever loved a cast, top to bottom, as much as I love the Parks and Rec crew.
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm literally almost done with a Parks and Rec rewatch, smack dab in the middle of the last season, and you're crazy if you think the last season is anywhere even in the vicinity of "trash." I'm actually shocked at how strong it's ending, as I didn't remember it being this good the first time around.

And while I'm at it, I might as well stoke the fire even more... I love The Office, and it is inarguably the more iconic show, but my rewatch of Parks and Rec has solidified it as my favorite of the two. I don't know that I've ever loved a cast, top to bottom, as much as I love the Parks and Rec crew.

It's not trash, but it was not nearly as good as the earlier season. I feel like the lets It's peak it no where near the office. They're not even in the same
Conversation.
powerbelly
AG
Parks and rec is my all time #1 sitcom.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
TCTTS said:

Not sure I agree, but obviously these are two amazing shows. The Office went two seasons too long and Parks and Rec took about two seasons to really find its legs. I think if you eliminate the last two seasons of the office, The Office is clearly the superior show; however, as The Office stands, I think it is close but would still pick The Office. Also, I thought Retta was an absolutely terrible actress.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
superunknown
AG
Cheers should be getting more love.
TCTTS
AG
I'm literally watching the seasons back-to-back-to-back and IMO, the quality hasn't dipped one bit in the final season. I honestly think it's slightly stronger than the season before it, in fact. As for it not not being in the same conversation as The Office, to each his own. Like I said, The Office is more iconic, and obviously more cherished by the masses. But for me, personally ("personally" being the operative word, here), I find P&R to have a heart that The Office lacks. I'm still a MASSIVE fan of The Office, but if given the choice, I'd rather spend my time in Pawnee, which those characters, than in Scranton. It's as simple as that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.