*** New Music 2019 ***

15,443 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by tk for tu juan
Redstone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I only care about 3 things in 2019

NEW AC/DC (confidence: high, reports from Canada)
NEW CHEAP TRICK (confidence: high, single has been released)
NEW ROLLING STONES (confidence: not high, but they've been recording)
tk for tu juan
tk for tu juan
Just have to post this one because of the heavy metal keytar...

BCSWguru
New Tesla will be out soon. Was produced by Phil Collen, so very interested to hear the whole thing. First song released sounds like Tesla and Leppard wrote a song together.
tysker
AG
PatAg said:

Josepi said:

I'm a GCJ fan. Own most of his albums, and I hated that. Couldn't even finish it. Hate the synthesizer that kicks in at the beginning of the song. A lot of the lyrics are spoken instead of sung. A lot I disliked there.
Sounds like he is doing a Kanye impersonation stylistically.
I got more of a Weeknd when he's rapping vibe. Vocal style of the verses was reminiscent of Glass Table Girls imo.
PatAg
AG
So, I don't remember anyone ever listing this band and they are from 2018... But I really like it, and I think enough people who check this thread like similar music to it.

MW03
AG
Speaking of GCJ, I'm getting pretty excited about his new album. This song is a jam.

MW03
AG
Sidenote: He's doing SNL this weekend.
jm94
AG

New Guster came out last month - it's about half really good and half eh. I'm seeing them this weekend, woot.
MW03
AG
If you have ever enjoyed Interpol, check out this new track.

Edit: Apparently it's unreleased B-side from last year's Maurader album. I have no idea why they didn't put it on, but it's better than anything Interpol has put out in like 10 years.

MSFC Aggie
AG
LSCSN said:

New Tesla will be out soon. Was produced by Phil Collen, so very interested to hear the whole thing. First song released sounds like Tesla and Leppard wrote a song together.
Whoa.....was not aware of this
MW03
AG
Also, The Mountain Goats are back again. I'm a big fan of John Darnielle's song-writing, so I'm pretty stoked for this one too.
MW03
AG
Aesop Rock with TOBACCO and their joint project Malibu Ken are presently blowing my mind.

I'm over posting cause I'm working on a project, but I'm legit curious as to what you guys think about this one in particular. Aesop should be bigger than he is. This is the best production I've heard him rap over, though. This is quickly becoming my favorite album so far this year.
Ragoo
AG
Tycho should have a new album this year.
Sazerac
AG
Avett Brothers have release 3 singles recently (Nov, Dec, Jan) for their must be upcoming new album

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This is great.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Something from Migos in the last six months that's actually good.
MW03
AG
I feel like we need a thread about the current state of hip hop. I had the misfortune of recently hearing that Blueface has the #1 song in the country at the moment. Don't get me wrong; I see the point to club songs and I like a bunch of club songs. But I do not understand Thotiana. I've been old for a while now, but I think this song making #1 and my reaction to it makes it official.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
That song is terrible for sure. The last rapper that was that off beat was Silkk the Shocker.
MW03
AG
Dude, it is so lazy. First time I heard it I couldn't make it through. I thought it was a joke. And the production is bad. I don't get it.
tysker
AG
MW03 said:

I feel like we need a thread about the current state of hip hop. I had the misfortune of recently hearing that Blueface has the #1 song in the country at the moment. Don't get me wrong; I see the point to club songs and I like a bunch of club songs. But I do not understand Thotiana. I've been old for a while now, but I think this song making #1 and my reaction to it makes it official.
Is it the current state of hip hop or the current state of the charting agencies and how they count youtube views and spotify/amazon/pandora music plays in a world of viral artists and curation? I mean Baby Shark made the billboard charts. (Lord knows my older kids played it on the Echo Show or on youtube over and over again for our toddler.) Probably its both... Hip hop looking for the next 'greatest rapper alive' where production and distribution has never been cheaper and easier. Hip hop fans quickly jump on the viral backwagon and realize after few tracks, there's not much there. Maybe hip hop has fully matured and is reaching it's decade of one-hit wonders, as the new kids are trying to establish a new base going forward and 'old masters' have moved on (just like jazz, rock, country, metal, even electronic before).

edited to add: I guess what I'm trying to get at is hip hop is looks to be reaching its Slaughter/Warrant or Coal Chamber/Crazy Town derivative-song era where objectively bad songs are becoming popular and you're not sure if the people listening and signing along are aware of how bad they are
MW03
AG
I love that point. Warrant Rap is what I'm calling it from now on.

Meanwhile, on Aes' new record you can find an entire song about the bald eagle nest/webcam, and it's thoroughly brilliant by any metric.

Quote:

You could be sitting in your office feelin' testy
Spilling coffee on a spreadsheet
Thinking "Jesus Christ, my life is dismal"
Two seconds later, you could stare into a portal
That reminds you there is more
Than what your awful nine-to-five permits you

Like a giant ****in' eagle
BBRex
AG
Tedeschi Trucks Band's new record is out today.

Tora Tora's new record out later this month.
MW03
AG
J. Cole was perfect last night on the All-Star game. Started off with Middle Child, ended with No Role Modelz. Even worked in his song with 21 Savage. It was awesome.

His new song has 36MM views in less than a month on Youtube. Not bad.:

Here's the all star game performance from last night:

MW03
AG
Speaking of 21 Savage, I didn't realize A Lot came out last year, but I think it fits for new music since it was on the album that came out on Dec 24.

MW03
AG
62strat
AG
Some more Tool movement.

A picture with Bob Ludwig, their mastering engineer. If you don't know the recording process.. mastering is the last step, and it's not a long process. The only thing left, if it hasn't already been done, is song&album titles/ artwork, and then packaging.

Also, about 2 dozen live dates announced in US and Europe:
05/05 Jacksonville, FL @ Welcome To Rockville Festival
05/07 Birmingham, AL @ Legacy Arena at The BCC
05/08 Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
05/10 Hampton, VA @ Hampton Coliseum
05/11 Concord, NC @ Epicenter Festival
05/13 St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
05/14 Kansas City, MO @ Spring Center
05/16 Lincoln, NE @ Pinnacle Bank Arena
05/17 Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
05/19 Bridgeview, IL @ Chicago Open Air Festival
06/02 Berlin, DE @ Mercedes-Benz Arena
06/04 Prague, CZ @ O2 Arena
06/05 Vienna, AT @ Wiener Stadhalle
06/07 Nurburg, DE @ Rock Am Ring Festival
06/09 Nuremberg, DE @ Rock Im Park Festival
06/11 Krakow, PO @ Impact Festival at Tauron Arena
06/13 Florence, IT @ Firenze Rocks Festival
06/16 Donington, GB @ Download Festival
06/18 Amsterdam, NL @ Ziggo Dome
06/20 Copenhagen, DK @ Copenhell Festival
06/25 Zurich, CH @ Hallenstadion
06/30 Madrid, ES @ Download Festival Spain
07/02 Lisbon, PT @ Altice Arena

I'm starting to believe 2019 is the year for new Tool. 13 years in the making.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Like they never left, no?
Redstone
AG
New
Rival Sons

GET IT
cc10106
Ragoo said:

Can't freaking wait. Curious if they change it up much after completing the Dive/Awake/Epoch trilogy.

MW03
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Like they never left, no?

And they just announced a tour with Modest Mouse.
decent looking Ag
TOOL
Ragoo
AG
cc10106 said:

Ragoo said:

Can't freaking wait. Curious if they change it up much after completing the Dive/Awake/Epoch trilogy.

Dive/Awake/Epoch are just so beautiful to listen to.

The addition of Zac and Rory made the last two albums.

A song like Spectre would not have been made
Enzo The Baker
AG

Tame Impala just released their first single, 'Patience', from their upcoming album. And of course it's fantastic. Can't wait for this one.
JetAg
AG
Check out Tamino - he has an amazing voice with surprising range. The entire album ("Amir") is top notch. The music is pretty mesmerizing and almost haunting. He gives me a very Jeff Buckley vibe. Enjoy!

- Jet

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.