***Outlaw King***

5,125 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by brew82
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Liked it. Im still not getting used to all these movies doing high framerates. Just looks too real.
there's a good chance you can change that in the settings for your tv.

I turned off my smooth motion when I got my TV. And I made sure it's not in sports mode. Only a few movies do it. It's usually 4k on Netflix.
7nine
redline248
AG
Enjoyed the movie well enough. Felt a little too compressed to fit the 8 years, or whatever, into 2 hours.
schmendeler
AG
I had no idea it was actually eight years. interesting. that said, it didn't feel rushed at all to me. I guess ignorance was bliss.
redline248
AG
I'll be honest, I didn't know it while watching, but there were times in which things felt disjointed. More than rushed, I guess. When I read a little about it afterwards it made sense to me. Wasn't a big issue, though.
astros4545
AG
Can't believe that was Aaron Taylor Johnson

Didn't even recognize him at all
Carlo4
AG
astros4545 said:

Can't believe that was Aaron Taylor Johnson

Didn't even recognize him at all

I'll do you one better. The red wedding in GOT was inspired by his family. Spoilers ahead....

Quote:

James Douglas became known as "The Black" for his fierceness. The clan of Douglas would gain enourmous power in Scotland and was seen as a threat to the country's stability in the years after James' rule over the clan. In 1440 the clan leadership was invited to a dinner, served a black bulls head, then summarily murdered. Thereafter it became known as the "Black Dinner". The events went on to inspire the Red Wedding in George R R Martin's fantasy series 'A Song of Ice and Fire' which was also portrayed in the HBO series based on the books, 'Game of Thrones'
schmendeler
AG
He looked like Rufus Sewell to me.
brew82
Kudos to Netflix. Enjoyed Outlaw King very much. Pine was fantastic.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.