The Wire

7,212 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dgrogers88
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like Peaky Blinders but it would not be top 10 or me - love the characters, the period/genre and the production but the story does not grab me as much as others. I want to like it more than I do - but definitely worth watching. Very good TV.

ac04
beatlesphan said:

Sooo does The Wire pick up the pace at some point? I'm 11 episodes into season 1 and it seems pretty slow. It's taken me 3 separate attempts at watching the show to even get this far.
its the slowest burn ever but its worth it. its different than most tv shows. more like watching a novel unfold.
double aught
AG
free_mhayden said:

I'm probably a bit biased since it's what I'm re-watching right now... but the character progression is just unmatched. Watching Kema turn into a female McNulty is just tough.
Kema going undercover is one of the most tense moments I've witnessed on a scripted show. Edge of my seat.
Al Bula
AG
Still one of the best scenes in tv history

Stive
AG
Awesome!

"This is $800?!?"

"So what...you earned that bump like a mo**** f*****"

Love that scene every time I see it.
ORAggieFan
Damn, makes me miss the show.
Stive
AG
I also love the fact that Snoop was basically just a street kid from Baltimore that they put into that role.

If you've never seen the Wire and you see that scene, you have zero clue how great that scene is. If you've seen the Wire, and you see that scene, it sucks you right back into the moment and reminds you what a fun burn it was.
johnnyblaze36
AG
beatlesphan said:

Sooo does The Wire pick up the pace at some point? I'm 11 episodes into season 1 and it seems pretty slow. It's taken me 3 separate attempts at watching the show to even get this far.
I've had several friends ask this same question but my common response was "just fight through the first three episodes and you'll love it".

And then they did. I've never heard someone say it took them the full season 1. Each to their own but if you don't like it after one you'll be super bored by season 2, which is flat out amazing. :-)
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just curious as to what people's favorite season is?

For me, season 4 is the greatest thing in television history.
Stive
AG
4 is my sentimental favorite but 2 has grown on me through the years to the point that it's almost a tie between those two (but not quite).
Ag 11
AG
I just finished rewatching the entire series of The Shield & I still love it. Still In my top favorites of all time.
I think I'll rewatch The Wire next. It's been a little while.
Scientific
AG
beatlesphan said:

Have you made to episode 12? "Cleaning up" is when the roller coaster takes off after the slow ascension. I dont know anyone who didnt keep going after that.
Cappo
AG
The Wire was/is incredible and is still underrated to this day.

Sopranos is my favorite of all time
BB, Mad Men, The Shield are fantastic
Narcos.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Ag 11 said:

I just finished rewatching the entire series of The Shield & I still love it. Still In my top favorites of all time.
I think I'll rewatch The Wire next. It's been a little while.
I need to clear the calendar and go back to the Shield for a third time. It pained me in my own mind and heart to put BB ahead of it one day as strange as that may sound.

The opening scene of every episode of the Shield would make me involuntarily Tiger fist pump as soon as the theme hit.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
The ending of season 4 was the most dramatic and most depressing ending I have ever seen. I had to take a break for a couple of weeks to process everything before starting season 5. The story arc of those kids was amazing.
Cappo
AG
Peaky Blinders is fantastic
dgrogers88
AG
Breaking Bad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.