RRHOF nominees: Here we go again

9,932 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
AgLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How in the world is Paul McCartney not on that list?
Know Your Enemy
AG
How is Cornell possibly getting in 4 times? Absolutely love him but Soundgarden is the only time he's going in.
62strat
AG
Junkhead said:

How is Cornell possibly getting in 4 times? Absolutely love him but Soundgarden is the only time he's going in.
I just said the has the credentials to do so; SG, TOTD, Audioslave and solo. All were successful endeavors.

Aside from him getting in once or up to 4 times, not many other artists lead 4 separate successful projects. It's impressive to say the least.
Aust Ag
AG
Junkhead said:

And that's no guarantee.

Not sure that they get in at all, along with AIC and STP. I mean, they've all been eligible for a few years and none has even been nominated.
Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat said:

Junkhead said:

I just said the has the credentials to do so; SG, TOTD, Audioslave and solo. All were successful endeavors.

Aside from him getting in once or up to 4 times, not many other artists lead 4 separate successful projects. It's impressive to say the least.
I still listen to all eras of his career often and his death affected me more than I would have expected but there is no way he is getting in 4 times. Highly doubt he even gets in twice. But Soundgarden deserves to be in there yesterday.
62strat
AG
Junkhead said:

62strat said:

Junkhead said:

I still listen to all eras of his career often and his death affected me more than I would have expected but there is no way he is getting in 4 times. Highly doubt he even gets in twice. But Soundgarden deserves to be in there yesterday.
To be clear, I don't think he'll get in 4 times either. I'm simply stating he is eligible to do so. SG for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if he got in twice.

There are so many random artists in there, the big 4 of seattle should be in it. That was a musical revolution that is still influencing almost 30 years later, and all 4 had a big part in it.

To the poster above, STP is not really part of that group. PJ/nirvana are already in. SG and AIC are the remaining 2.
Aust Ag
AG
An argument could be made that STP was the most commercially successful of those bands not in. And that counts for something.
62strat
AG
Aust Ag said:

An argument could be made that STP was the most commercially successful of those bands not in. And that counts for something.
I agree; they've sold more than AIC and SG, but STP was not part of the seattle group, so not sure why they entered the discussion.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Aust Ag said:

FWIW, they definitely had the biggest selling album out of them, AIC, and Soundgarden. I believe they had 2 albums that each sold more than any album by the other two.
Aust Ag
AG
62strat said:

Aust Ag said:

I agree; they've sold more than AIC and SG, but STP was not part of the seattle group, so not sure why they entered the discussion.
Well, I didn't even see the word "Seattle" above....I think STP is always going to be lumped in that group, regardless of hometown affiliation. I think them being a West Coast band lends itself to that though.
62strat
AG
Aust Ag said:

62strat said:

Aust Ag said:

Well, I didn't even see the word "Seattle" above....I think STP is always going to be lumped in that group, regardless of hometown affiliation. I think them being a West Coast band lends itself to that though.

Yeh they can def. be lumped with grunge, but they aren't responsible for that 'explosion' if you will like seattle is. When mentioning the forerunners of grunge, it's typically the 4 in seattle, no more no less. They all broke through a year or more before STP.

Mathguy64
AG
tangentially related to the RRHOF. Dave Grohl is one cool dude. Watch ths all the way to the end.

superunknown
AG
Quote:

But Soundgarden deserves to be in there yesterday.

I support this.
superunknown
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
No RATM
johnnyblaze36
AG
Finally the Cure gets in. Maybe someday Depeche Mode will be recognized for the greatness they've been putting out for the last 38 years.
Aust Ag
AG
Junkhead said:

No RATM
Well, I said earlier in this thread that I didn't think RATM would get in because HBO would be too scared to have them perform, blowing the old crowd's head's off. They went the safe route and added Stevie and Janet instead. I mean, you gotta add Stevie with her massive solo career. jk

Also part of the reason it will be a long time before you see Priest and Maiden.

I also think RATM got squeezed out by #MeToo, with the 2 female artist.
SgtBarbarossa
Looks like Rush made it in 2013. However, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Dio, Slayer, Motrhead, Thin Lizzy, Soundgarden, Pantera, and the mf'ing Scorpions never getting a sniff of it is absurd. I'd include Alice in Chains but they're still making new music.
Psychag
AG
Travesty that Pat Benatar is not in. Wasn't even on ballot this year.
Redstone
AG
The Hall helped itself with me - only a bit - by putting Cheap Trick in, but then I was annoyed Kid Rock did the introduction.

Here is the big problem at present:
Is Joy Divisuon in? New Order?
No?
BOYCOTT
Mathguy64
AG
All you have to know about the RRHOF is that they are going to induct Janet Jackson while Iron Maiden has never even been nominated.

I thought when the finally relented and inducted Rush, and then KISS they had loosened up. Rush led to Yes and it seemed they were listening to fans.

But then they go and trot Jackson and Nicks out. If they wanted a solo female, Pat Benetar seems way more deserving with a much longer and more robust career. Putting in Joan Jett and now solo Nicks but not Benetar is just goofy. In like 3-4 years Brittney Spears will be eligible. At that point they jump the shark.
G Martin 87
AG
Roxy Music and Janet Jackson before Devo or Todd Rundgren? BS. Ridiculous.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Maiden will never get in

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.