RRHOF nominees: Here we go again

9,929 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rock Hall of Fame: Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, Radiohead, Rage Lead Nominees

Quote:

The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2019 are in, and the list includes Radiohead, Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, Rage Against the Machine, the Cure, Devo, Janet Jackson, Kraftwerk, LL Cool J, Roxy Music, Todd Rundgren, John Prine, MC5, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan and the Zombies. The top vote-getters will be announced in December and inducted March 29th, 2019 at a ceremony at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. HBO will broadcast the event later next year.
Vote here
superunknown
AG
Kind of a meh class.

Personal bias selections: RATM, LL Cool J, The Cure, MC5.

If i want a super weird all star jam, throw in Devo, Janet Jackson and Stevie Nicks.
spanky
AG
RAGE
MooreTrucker
AG
Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, The Zombies
NoahAg
At this point just call it the "Music Hall of Fame."
Liquid Wrench
NoahAg said:

"Museum of Commercially Viable Music."
MooreTrucker
AG
ChiliBeans said:

NoahAg said:

This. They're putting in not-rock-and-roll like LL Cool J but leaving out legit rock and roll like Rush and Judas Priest.
Psychag
AG
No Pat Benatar again.
superunknown
AG
MooreTrucker said:

ChiliBeans said:

NoahAg said:

This. They're putting in not-rock-and-roll like LL Cool J but leaving out legit rock and roll like Rush and Judas Priest.

This is my annual "holy crap, Priest and Rush aren't in???" reminder.
MooreTrucker
AG
Psychag said:

No Pat Benatar again.
I heard on SirusXM this morning that she was brought up but the women in the room steered the nom to Stevie Nicks only.
elfurioso92
AG
Rush was inducted in 2013
Professor Frick
AG
Nothing says "Commercially-Viable Music" like Kraftwerk and Radiohead.
johnnyblaze36
AG
How the Cure aren't already in is beyond me. Same for Depeche Mode. The former has consistently put out music in five different decades and the latter in four and are two of the most influential bands of all time.
DrEvazanPhD
LL cool j is not rock.
MooreTrucker
AG
Worse than that are bands like Foreigner and other really old bands who are losing or might lose members before making it in like the Moody Blues did. Let those guys in now and bring in the younger bands later.
Liquid Wrench
Professor Frick said:

Nothing says "Commercially-Viable Music" like Kraftwerk and Radiohead.
Not sure what those two have to do with one another if we're talking commercial viability. Radiohead proved to be very...viable.
Al Bula
AG
No rappers. That is just ******ed when it happens. And I love rap.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Like it or not but rappers have influenced many rock bands. Look no further than Rage Against The Machine.
Aust Ag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Psychag said:

No Pat Benatar again.
I heard on SirusXM this morning that she was brought up but the women in the room steered the nom to Stevie Nicks only.
That's too bad. I see more Pat Benatar influence out there than Nicks. But I also realize Nicks is some sort of hero for women for some reason.

I'm also surprised that Phil Collins never gets mentioned as solo artist. Hard to name many solo artist with bigger careers in the 80's than Collins.
Aust Ag
AG
superunknown said:

MooreTrucker said:

ChiliBeans said:

NoahAg said:

This is my annual "holy crap, Priest and Rush aren't in???" reminder.
Not only is Priest (and Maiden) not in, but Priest wasn't even on the nominations this year like they were last year. Metal gets no respect.
Aust Ag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, The Zombies
I think the first 2 make it, if for no other reason that HBO has to have somebody to get ratings. Radiohead has already said in the past they have no interest in attending. If you take away DL, Nicks and Radiohead, who is left to generate interest in the telecast? RATM isn't going to do that, as great as they are. Hell, I think they'd be afraid of them scaring the audience.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rage absolutely would draw a big audience if Zach agreed to participate. Problem is, I doubt he does so.
Redstone
AG
So, no Joy Division, no New Order?

Really?

BOYCOTT

I refuse to step foot in Ohio until the corrections. Although Cheap Trick's induction did help to alleviate my prior boycott, it has been renewed.
BCSWguru
sounds like a great way to bring back Pete Willis for a gig
AgLaw
AG
Radiohead needs to be in. I can't believe they didn't make it last year. As innovative and influential a band as there's been in the last 25 years.
superunknown
AG
Aust Ag said:

MooreTrucker said:

Psychag said:

No Pat Benatar again.
That's too bad. I see more Pat Benatar influence out there than Nicks. But I also realize Nicks is some sort of hero for women for some reason.

I'm also surprised that Phil Collins never gets mentioned as solo artist. Hard to name many solo artist with bigger careers in the 80's than Collins.

No Jacket Required is a fantastic album.

I'm a no on Stevie Nicks. She's already in with Fleetwood Mac. Solo Stevie is a big meh.
PatAg
AG
Junkhead said:

Rock Hall of Fame: Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, Radiohead, Rage Lead Nominees

Quote:

The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2019 are in, and the list includes Radiohead, Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, Rage Against the Machine, the Cure, Devo, Janet Jackson, Kraftwerk, LL Cool J, Roxy Music, Todd Rundgren, John Prine, MC5, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan and the Zombies. The top vote-getters will be announced in December and inducted March 29th, 2019 at a ceremony at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. HBO will broadcast the event later next year.
Vote here
I like a lot of these acts, but probably only Radiohead and Stevie Nicks belong...and its too soon for Radiohead imo.

Rage was great, but I dont think they enough to be HoF.
Synopsis
superunknown said:

Kind of a meh class.

Personal bias selections: RATM, LL Cool J, The Cure, MC5.

If i want a super weird all star jam, throw in Devo, Janet Jackson and Stevie Nicks.

Who the hell is MC5? They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Stevie Nicks and Def Leppard. And since when is LL Cool J rock and roll?
Synopsis
Aust Ag said:

MooreTrucker said:

Psychag said:

No Pat Benatar again.

Phil Collins is flat out fantastic.
Apache
AG
My tinfoil hat theory:

The RRHOF is purposely leaving people out to create controversy and generate interest because Rock & Roll has declined into obscurity amongst Americans under 35.
Know Your Enemy
AG
RATM was groundbreaking. They deserve induction without a doubt.
Txmoe
AG
NoahAg said:

Came here to make this point, but you made it better than I would've.

I love John Prine and think he deserves to be in any songwriting or country/folk HOF but RR he is not.
Macarthur
Def Leppard will be in the Hall before Tool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where is The Offspring
Macarthur
Not to mention Motorhead, Priest, Maiden. Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, King Crimson, Soundgarden, and I'm sure there are several others I'm leaving out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.