*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

808,891 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Motifs from previous episodes will be making an appearance including "Duel of the Fates."

TCTTS
AG
No one despises the prequels more than me, but Duel of the Fates was amazing and I'd LOVE to hear it again. You don't want to? This movie will be an exercise in "letting the past die," but in order to that effectively, I have a feeling we're first going to be "revisiting" quite a bit from the past eight movies...
The Collective
AG
I should have been more clear, I don't want trailer time wasted on motifs from old movies.
TCTTS
AG
That leaked music thing is about the movie itself, not the trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

That leaked music thing is about the movie itself, not the trailer.

Well, in that case...
Fat Bib Fortuna
TCTTS said:

No one despises the prequels more than me,
Is this your first day on the Internet?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We all know it's the 21st, but nice to get even more confirmation.

https://www.inverse.com/article/60138-star-wars-9-tickets-on-sale-date-leak-presale-release-rumors-fandango
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
just interesting thing i ran across....

Besides the runtime indications of 2:35...... we've got a score length of 2:15 that's incredible meaning musical score might be running through 90% of the movie. Well logically it's likely not ALL in the movie but Don Williams (John's brother) was quoted as saying they had 135 minutes to write.

For comparison:

• SW Film length: 2 hours 1 minute, Soundtrack length: 1 hour 15 minutes
  • ESB Film length: 2 hours 4 minutes, Soundtrack length: 1 hour 15 minutes
  • RotJ Film length: 2 hours 12 minutes, Soundtrack length: 45 minutes
  • TPM Film length: 2 hours 13 minutes, Soundtrack length: 1 hour 14 minutes
  • AotC Film length: 2 hours 22 minutes, Soundtrack length:1 hour 14 minutes
  • RotS Film length: 2 hours 20 minutes, Soundtrack length: 1 hour 12 minutes
  • TFA Film length: 2 hours 15 minutes, Soundtrack length: 1 hour 17 minutes
  • TLJ Film length: 2 hours 32 minutes, Soundtrack length: 1 hour 18 minutes

• https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-score-length/
    twilly
    AG
    tk for tu juan
    It's the red eye scene
    tk for tu juan
    Cool artwork

TCTTS
    AG
    I totally get why they tie ticket sales to the debut of the trailer, but I wish ticket sales were at least the next morning. I don't feel like I can truly enjoy/discuss/analyze the trailer because the second it hits I'm then having to frantically reserve seats while inevitably dealing with a slow, buggy, overwhelmed ticket system that takes half an hour of frustration to deal with. I'm honestly kind of hoping the negative TLJ reactions / lack of enthusiasm makes ticket buying come Monday night a slightly easier, less in-demand, less frantic process. That, and I'm going to be up who knows how long after trying to finish the saga project I've been working on for a Tuesday morning debut. It's going to be a fun, frustrating, and exhausting night...
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    The night of the TFA trailer drop was stressful AF for me for that very reason. Alas...

And this time around I'm getting a handful of tickets so my buddies and I can all sit together. Stressing about it already.
    TCTTS
    AG
    New image of Zorii Bliss from Entertainment Weekly...

https://ew.com/movies/fall-2019-films-exclusive-photos/?slide=6529565#6529565
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG

Every single time.
    The Collective
    AG
    tk for tu juan said:

It's the red eye scene

Special, very secret session. Lord 3-PO.... Rise!
    TCTTS
    AG
    Ha, damn it. Now *I* can't unsee it...
    The Collective
    AG
    Man, I'll never forget the night they dropped the final trailer for TFA and put tickets on sale. It broke the Internet.
    twilly
    AG
    Brian Earl Spilner said:

Every single time.
    Time to bring this back up....

Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    To this day I've never seen Fandango just straight up die like that.
    TCTTS
    AG
    Aiming to buy five tickets for the prime-time showing at the Chinese Theater IMAX either Thursday, December 19 or Friday, December 20. Flying to Texas for the holidays the morning of Saturday, December 21. So I have a very small window of being able to see this with friends in the best theater in LA vs getting stuck seeing it in Wichita Falls, TX on a small screen either alone or with my family, who aren't into SW at all. May the Force be with me...
    Malachi Constant
    AG
    TCTTS said:

Aiming to buy five tickets for the prime-time showing at the Chinese Theater IMAX either Thursday, December 19 or Friday, December 20. Flying to Texas for the holidays the morning of Saturday, December 21. So I have a very small window of being able to see this with friends in the best theater in LA vs getting stuck seeing it in Wichita Falls, TX on a small screen either alone or with my family, who aren't into SW at all. May the Force be with me...
    Do you have anything against watching a movie in the AM hours? You'd probably have the best shot at say a 10am show on Friday morning.

I watched Dunkirk in a true IMAX at 11am in Dallas and I was pretty much by myself in the theater. Still one of my favorite theater experiences.
    Brian Earl Spilner
    AG
    For certain movies (like a Star Wars, Avengers, etc.), I feel like the crowd is a big part of the experience for me.
    TCTTS
    AG
    Yeah, I need a crowd and the "event" feeling for big movies like this. For me, that's 50% of the experience. I'm all for watching movies in the AM - I've done it plenty - and I legit love going to movies by myself, but for something like this I absolutely have to have the prime-time, packed-theater, Hollywood-epicenter experience with friends.
    Urban Ag
    AG
    TCTTS said:

I totally get why they tie ticket sales to the debut of the trailer, but I wish ticket sales were at least the next morning. I don't feel like I can truly enjoy/discuss/analyze the trailer because the second it hits I'm then having to frantically reserve seats while inevitably dealing with a slow, buggy, overwhelmed ticket system that takes half an hour of frustration to deal with. I'm honestly kind of hoping the negative TLJ reactions / lack of enthusiasm makes ticket buying come Monday night a slightly easier, less in-demand, less frantic process. That, and I'm going to be up who knows how long after trying to finish the saga project I've been working on for a Tuesday morning debut. It's going to be a fun, frustrating, and exhausting night...
    This post should make everyone here damn happy to be an American.

This is some serious ass first world problems.
    Urban Ag
    AG
    Brian Earl Spilner said:

The night of the TFA trailer drop was stressful AF for me for that very reason. Alas...

And this time around I'm getting a handful of tickets so my buddies and I can all sit together. Stressing about it already.
    Pump the brakes. I need to scroll one post down.
    The Collective
    AG
    Sorry guys, I hate the inconvenience of fighting internet traffic to get my opening night reserved seat to Star Wars.
    MGS
    Zombie Jon Snow said:

Besides the runtime indications of 2:35...... we've got a score length of 2:15 that's incredible meaning musical score might be running through 90% of the movie. Well logically it's likely not ALL in the movie but Don Williams (John's brother) was quoted as saying they had 135 minutes to write.

Was that 135 minutes in Tulsa Time?
    Zombie Jon Snow
    AG
    MGS said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Was that 135 minutes in Tulsa Time?
    I think it was 4:4
    TCTTS
    AG
    tk for tu juan
    Tie fighter sounds for your all electric Porsche. Since the EU laws require all electric cars to make an external sound, nothing better than sounds from a galaxy far, far away
    Fat Bib Fortuna
    Was at HEB earlier and looked at the new toy display. Kylo's helmet with all the cracks is officially called the Kylo Ren Force Rage" helmet. Not sure if that jibes with anything that actually happens in the movie, but perhaps.

I think Force Rage was a dark side power in the flawed but fabulous Knights of the Old Republic II that was basically unstoppable.
    TCTTS
    AG
    https://instagr.am/p/B3sAVhiJF4i
    TCTTS
    AG
    Rumor has it there's a teaser for the trailer dropping Saturday at 9 AM PT...
    First Page Last Page
    Page 122 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.