*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

808,766 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Mac94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So guessing no trailer today ... or will they throw a curve ball and drop it during "Disney Night" on Dancing With the Stars? LOL
The Collective
AG
I could see a curve ball later in the week. That would still get it out in time to attach to the Maleficent movie, though I'm not sure that Disney even cares to do that.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, if tomorrow, I'm pretty sure we would have heard by now...

Fat Bib Fortuna
MandoArms
A few posts on IG are saying it drops tomorrow but o think it is fake news. No link provided.
IG: mando_arms
The Collective
AG
So, in my random searches of twitter for Rise of Skywalker tidbits, I am seeing a rumor repeated multiple times that theaters are being given a tentative run time of 155 minutes. Is this just bs or do studios start providing a general idea this far out?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If so, that's a perfect runtime.
TCTTS
AG
By now, two months out, runtimes are usually locked. That said, considering new scenes were being shot as late as last Wednesday, I don't see how they could possibly know yet.
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

By now, two months out, runtimes are usually locked. That said, considering new scenes were being shot as late as last Wednesday, I don't see how they could possibly know yet.
Ticket sales will start here in the next 2-3 weeks at the latest. Shooting or not, runtimes will have to be firm soon so theaters can schedule.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good point. It's such a weird situation. We know they were shooting less than a week ago, but tickets will likely go on sale a week from today. Maybe the stuff they were shooting was so minor or already timed out in previs that know exactly what they're dealing with by now.
The Collective
AG
I think the same. They were either slightly modifying something already shot or making a late add and know the exact length.
Fat Bib Fortuna
They added a scene of Rey, Finn, Chewie, Poe, Wedge, and BB-8 sitting around eating shawrma at a deli in Mos Eisley after the final battle.
HeadGames
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

They added a scene of Rey, Finn, Chewie, Poe, Wedge, and BB-8 sitting around eating shawrma at a deli in Mos Eisley after the final battle.

Does that mean they kill off Rose?
tk for tu juan
https://www.lecreuset.com/star-wars
Flashdiaz
AG
or if you'd rather eat solo
The Collective
AG
Tatooine round dutch oven... you serious Clark?
tk for tu juan
Nice, you could get a good amount of syrup pooled around Solo with the depressed areas of that waffle
jokershady
AG
My kids got the millennium falcon waffle maker for their birthday.

Thing ****in sucks!
Fat Bib Fortuna
HeadGames said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Does that mean they kill off Rose?
I almost made a terrible joke there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks for nothing Boyega's agent.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thanks for nothing Boyega's agent.

Yea. Screw that guy.
TCTTS
AG
Why anyone believed a guy who posted a clearly photoshopped, off-centered image from something called "Star Wars Direct" is beyond me...
The Collective
AG
People believed it, because it was something they wanted to be true. It is a microcosm of the entire Star Wars internet fandom.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Kylo: Tell me about the trailer.
Rey: It's a 2-minute preview of the movie that shows selected scenes in an attempt to build excitement--
Kylo: It's the last trailer for the saga films. We have the rest, recovered from the archives of YouTube. We need the last one. And somehow, YOU convinced Lucasfilm to show it to you. You, a scavenger. You know I can take whatever I want. . . . .You're so stressed, so afraid to leak. At night, desperate to sleep...you imagine the premiere. I see it - I see the red carpet. And George Lucas. You feel like he's the father you never had. He would've disappointed you.
Rey: Get out of my head!
Kylo: I know you've seen the trailer. It's in there...and now you'll give it to me. Don't be afraid. I'm in it too.
Rey: I'm not giving you anything
Kylo: We'll see.
Rey: You. You're afraid...that The Rise of Skywalker will never be as good as Return of the Jedi!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Why anyone believed a guy who posted a clearly photoshopped, off-centered image from something called "Star Wars Direct" is beyond me...
Because he is one degree of separation away from the movie itself.
TCTTS
AG
But there had been no prior announcement and the agent said it was "official." Why would an agent, of all people, officially announce a trailer premiere before the studio? And if the agent somehow *was* the one to make the announcement, which has literally never happened, he wouldn't post a clearly photoshopped image with the words "Star Wars Direct" on it, making said official announcement. It was clear from the get go that he was duped by some random rumor he came across. That, and we know that in the past two instances the official Star Wars Twitter was the one to make the announcement and we knew when as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes, I'm an idiot and I fell for it. Let's move on.
TCTTS
AG
No one's an idiot. It's just that from the second that Instagram post went up, this thread was cautioning against listening to that guy. Hence me not understanding people being upset when it didn't happen. But yes, let's move on from the thing you brought up again...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, I hardly believed it to begin with. My post about it was mostly in jest.

But your tone is coming off very "you're dumb if you believed it" / "I told you so". Just don't see the need for that kind of post.
TCTTS
AG
It's not a "dumb" thing but I see how it came off that way. It's more that I can't stand misinformation / false rumors and I was "calling out" the agent who should know better than to post something like that in that fashion.
512Ag
AG
I haven't read the thread in a while, but has anyone noted that 10/21 is Carrie Fisher's birthday? Seems like that would be the right day for the trailer. Also my birthday, so it works for me, too.
TCTTS
AG
Happy early birthday, and yeah, at least reddit has made a big thing about that being Fisher's birthday. I seriously doubt that nugget is mentioned on MNF, or played up, but who knows. Either way, the 21st is seemingly a done deal at this point...
TCTTS
AG
Speaking of reddit, I just glanced over there, and Spilner, if this leak is to be believed, get ready...

Quote:

Motifs from previous episodes will be making an appearance including "Duel of the Fates." There are only a few more sessions of recording JW's score in LA.

There's one extra sentence I left out that could be considered a minor spoiler...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/dgz4zk/ep_ix_music_leak/
512Ag
AG
Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not in tune with the business of planning these things, and I'm sure Disney has had a plan all along that didn't involve the birthday thing. I wonder if JJ (or anyone close to her) threw that out there at some point just to see if it stuck.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Speaking of reddit, I just glanced over there, and Spilner, if this leak is to be believed, get ready...
Yeah, but what does Boyega's agent say?

I kid, I kid.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.