*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

808,776 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Sex Panther said:

Man, they are ****ing terrible. I can't believe they brought it back for a second year... They are embarrassingly bad.
How dare you sh*t talk 5 Seconds of Summer, who I had never heard of before tonight.
Band names have been so terrible the last couple of decades. Where do they come up with this crap?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm so confused as to what happened in this thread...
Fat Bib Fortuna
It's like the days leading up to your date with the hot chick you have a crush on you. You're trying to will every day to go by faster and they just won't. So you start getting irritable about literally evey single thing.

Brian I was listening to the ROTS soundtrack the other day in the car. I can't even imagine how incredible TROS soundtrack is going to be. Tell me some of your "musts" for themes or callbacks on it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This won't come as any surprise...

Duel of the Fates is a must.

Battle of the Heroes is a want, but it would be pretty neat if Williams weaved that in with DOTF, Rey's theme, and Kylo's theme, during their battle. (Or whatever the climactic duel of the movie is.)

Imperial March hasn't been heard at all in the sequels, right? This movie would be a good place for it, especially with Palpatine returning. (Its use in AOTC was so perfectly done.)

Force Theme is basically the Star Wars theme at this point. This can't be left off.

Everything else is gravy.
tk for tu juan
Rey looking at the horizon...

Fat Bib Fortuna
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Battle of the Heroes is a want, but it would be pretty neat if Williams weaved that in with DOTF, Rey's theme, and Kylo's theme, during their battle. (Or whatever the climactic duel of the movie is.)

Imperial March hasn't been heard at all in the sequels, right? This movie would be a good place for it, especially with Palpatine returning. (Its use in AOTC was so perfectly done.)

Force Theme is basically the Star Wars theme at this point. This can't be left off.

You left off Yub Nub and Lapti Nek
tk for tu juan
Luke and Leia's force ghost meet (fast forward to 4:24)

tk for tu juan
Just bring back Yub Nub on the 9 movie blu-ray box set, please Disney
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've never had much of an emotional connection to Luke & Leia's theme, considering it was only used once, and pretty briefly, in ROTJ.

That said, it is a great theme. I believe it was used in the Luke/Leia scene in TLJ.
MandoArms
So I will officially be at Disney Land the 19-21st of December, anyone know of anything special going on for opening day of TROS? What are my options for trying to see it opening day? Any advice would be a huge help.
IG: mando_arms
Fat Bib Fortuna
I wouldn't mind a little Across the Stars if Kylo and Rey find some middle ground.

You would imagine Palpatine's chorus is going to follow him throughout the film whenever he appears.

Would love Zori Bliss to have her own little riff ala Boba Fett in ESB
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think the Imperial March has been heard in the sequel trilogy, very briefly, when we see Vader's melted helmet in TFA. But otherwise, no.
Malachi Constant
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think the Imperial March has been heard in the sequel trilogy, very briefly, when we see Vader's melted helmet in TFA. But otherwise, no.

Probably sounds silly, but I think the Cantina Theme needs to make a return.
The Collective
AG
Imperial March is also present in a modified form when Rey approaches Luke on the island in TFA.
TCTTS
AG
Ugh. Looking like October 21 now (though still not official)...

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/10/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-trailer-to-debut-on-monday-night-football-on-october-21.html
The Collective
AG
That sucks, but at least the Pats are entertaining to watch while we are stuck waiting for the trailer.

Just registered with me that this movie is out on the 20th - meaning we get the first shows on the 19th. My kid turns 8 on the 19th... seems like he is old enough to do the whole premiere night thing now.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
So... there are now a few people saying that theaters are already starting to receive the trailer, and that it's locked (digitally), but Disney will be unlocking it next week. Again, next week Disney has Maleficent: Mistress of Evil in theaters (on the 18th) and it makes no sense to me why they wouldn't release the trailer with that (and thus with MNF on the 14th) as opposed to releasing the trailer immediately after Maleficent's opening weekend. Seems counter intuitive. That said, none of these reports have been substantiated, and the 21st is nearly two months to the day before the release of TROS itself, so who knows. Still, it seems like Disney would want to have that Maleficent synergy over an arbitrary, two-months-out date. Hopefully we hear something more concrete soon...
Fat Bib Fortuna
I'm fairly alarmed by how angry I was to read that there might not be a Star Wars trailer next Monday. If i have to go see an Angelina Jolie movie in order to see a SW trailer, I should get to slap Angelina Jolie in the face as hard as I can before and after to make it an even trade for the anguish of sitting through on of her movies.
TCTTS
AG
There's no way it would be a theater exclusive, and there's no way MNF is getting sloppy seconds. It's either...

- Debuts 10/14 on MNF (and online), in theaters with Maleficent: Mistress of Evil on 10/18.

- or -

- Debuts 10/21 on MNF (and online), in theaters in November with Terminator: Dark Fate, Midway, Ford v Ferrari, etc.
jokershady
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm fairly alarmed by how angry I was to read that there might not be a Star Wars trailer next Monday. If i have to go see an Angelina Jolie movie in order to see a SW trailer, I should get to slap Angelina Jolie in the face as hard as I can before and after to make it an even trade for the anguish of sitting through on of her movies.
damn! You've got a lot of hate in your heart for this one too?

Fat Bib Fortuna
Is that the one where he started banging her and cheated on Jennifer Aniston?
double aught
AG
jokershady said:

MuckRaker96 said:

damn! You've got a lot of hate in your heart for this one too?

In her prime.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

A lot of folks, myself included, had to get tickets to Wing Commander for the first trailer to The Phantom Menace.
jokershady
AG
Just out of curiosity, what are the odds that they still debut the trailer with MNF and online for the 21st.....BUT.....can see the trailer exclusively at Maleficent starting the 18th?

Could they do that?
TCTTS
AG
See my last post above. I just can't see MNF "debuting" something that's already technically debuted. Doesn't make much sense.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MuckRaker96 said:

A lot of folks, myself included, had to get tickets to Wing Commander for the first trailer to The Phantom Menace.
Me and my dad and my brother went to see The Waterboy and the theatre played the Trailer before and after the movie.
Flashdiaz
AG
and it would have blown your mind if someone told you at the time Waterboy was the better movie
TCTTS
AG
Was lucky enough to see the first TPM trailer with Enemy of the State, which still holds up incredibly well. There was a reporter from the local paper waiting outside the theater, asking people if they had come just to see the trailer. She asked my group of friends, I said yes, and when she asked my name I gave her the name of a friend who wasn't with us, who wouldn't be caught dead doing something so "nerdy." The next day, the story was on the front page of the arts and entertainment section, with me/my absent friend the featured subject in the article. He was so pissed.
Mort Rainey
TCTTS said:

Was lucky enough to see the first TPM trailer with Enemy of the State, which still holds up incredibly well. There was a reporter from the local paper waiting outside the theater, asking people if they had come just to see the trailer. She asked my group of friends, I said yes, and when she asked my name I gave her the name of a friend who wasn't with us, who wouldn't be caught dead doing something so "nerdy." The next day, the story was on the front page of the arts and entertainment section, with me/my absent friend the featured subject in the article. He was so pissed.
TCTTS
AG
The other prominent memory I have of that trailer is spending HOURS when I got home trying to download it - like a 20MB file - over our home modem. I finally had to let it run over night and I remember my dad getting pissed because it cost so many AOL hours.
Know Your Enemy
AG
There was a trailer before the Metallica S&M 2 film last night but it didn't have much footage from The Rise of Skywalker. I haven't kept up with this thread so it's probably already posted on here somewhere.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Flashdiaz said:

and iIt would have blown your mind if someone told you at the time Waterboy was the better movie
I've probably seen TPM 50 times since then and have never seen the Waterboy again so we'll have to agree to disagree.
TCTTS
AG
The Waterboy >>> TPM
tk for tu juan
TCTTS said:

First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.