*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

748,711 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess his lightsaber might be there too... but... so what?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In the book about the original screenplays, when Obi-Wan appears as a ghost to Luke on Hoth, he says that there is a crystal hidden in the hilt of Lukes saber that has map leading to Dagobah and Yoda. Maybe that could be something they do with Obi-Wan's saber, although when we see Rey on Jakku, the Star Destroyers from that more recent battle are already mostly picked clean. If Obi-wan's lightsaber was on DS1, seems scavengers would have grabbed it long ago. And if Obi-Wan has some secret info, it's something picked up after ROTS but before ANH at least for now is that he didn't leave the desert for all those years.

I just need October to get here and give me the longer trailer already.
Flashdiaz
AG
Then they're going to race to Geonosis to get Anakin's temp green saber he used for 20 min before he got his arm chopped off.

TCTTS
AG
That could be interesting. Still, finding anything on the fallen Death Star seems next to impossible, unless they know exactly where to look. I guess there could be some kind of Force connection that leads Rey to it, but still, only a section of the Death Star even looks to be on that planet.

By the way, guys, I don't know that we need spoiler tags for this particular Death Star discussion. This is all rumor, a fallen Death Star is in the trailer, and the heroes are clearly there to either retrieve something aboard it or use the Death Star for some plot device. We're all just speculating here, based on next to nothing.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Holy crap does that gif make the action look terrible. The guy to Plo Koon's left in the back looks like he's just woken up from a nap.

The only thing worse is when the three main heroes are spilled out of the cart they're in and there is a laser blaster just laying there for Padme to pick up.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I"m just trying to not upset anyone
TCTTS
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, we're in a heavy grey area because it's only a spoiler if its end up being true. And it isn't definitely true. But it is at least being 'reported' (I guess...) as opposed to just being a fan theory. There is some sourcing here even if it's kind of vague.

But, some people might not even want that.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, but it's also in the trailer. That was my only point; that it's obvious just from the trailer alone that they're likely looking for something aboard the Death Star, whichever Death Star it is. That said, I definitely think we should continue to spoiler tag all the Palpatine stuff - his "essence" taking over other bodies, etc. - as that has now been reported from multiple, independent sources. Overall, I really don't care, I just know people - myself included - get tried of seeing post after post of redacted text. If we were talking heavy spoilers, it would make sense, but this Death Star stuff is pretty obvious/"official" now.
TCTTS
AG
Nice. Further confirmation that the leaked poster a few months back was the real deal.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe the Empire stored all the extra red paint on the death star.
TCTTS
AG
Is this the first time the word "Sith" has officially been used in the sequel trilogy?
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

Is this the first time the word "Sith" has officially been used in the sequel trilogy?
Nope. Maz Kanata used in in TFA.

Quote:

MAZ
Hmm. No. You've been running away
from this fight for too long. Han,
nyakee nago wadda. Go home!

HAN
Leia doesn't want to see me.

FINN
Please, we came here for your help.

REY
What fight?

MAZ
The only fight: against the dark
side. Through the ages, I've seen
evil take many forms. The Sith.
The Empire. Today, it is the First
Order. Their shadow is spreading
across the galaxy. We must face
them. Fight them. All of us.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, that's right. Thanks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's actually pretty strange considering they were seemingly moving away from the Sith with Snoke and Kylo Ren. But I'm very intrigued.
bobinator
AG
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea or the purpose of a 'Sith Trooper.'
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
And Kylo says it to Rey in TLJ

The Empire, your parents, the Resistance, the Sith, the Jedi... let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be.

If i were to guess, I would say Kylo embraces the legacy of the Sith again with Snoke and his outer rim voodoo out of the way.
twilly
AG
Let the past die...by bringing back a part of the mythology. And a helmet....and maybe a lightsaber....possibly some armor too...

I can't keep track of all the artifacts Kylo collects in his attempt to kill the past
bobinator
AG
Maybe he just wants to try and recapture the magic of the Sith so he just does a big rebrand of everything at 'Sith' hoping it will be badass. Sith troopers, Sith speeders, Sith food, whatever.

The empire/first order branding department is really all of out ideas though.

Kylo: Guys, we need a fresh look. The white storm trooper is really played out. Nobody likes them. And they can't shoot for **** so nobody fears them either. We need to go a new direction.

***two weeks later***

Marketing team: Let's take a trip down memory lane. What's the most frightening thing the galaxy has seen? The Sith right? So we rebrand them as Sith Troopers. And instead of white... and you're going to love this... you know how awesome your lightsaber is right, everyone loves it? Okay that color. But EVERYWHERE.

Kylo: I love it.
Flashdiaz
AG
If Sith troopers are red, are Jedi troopers blue or green?

TCTTS
AG
twilly said:

Let the past die...by bringing back a part of the mythology. And a helmet....and maybe a lightsaber....possibly some armor too...

I can't keep track of all the artifacts Kylo collects in his attempt to kill the past
Spot on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And this is why you plan the over-arching story before you start the trilogy, kids.
redline248
AG
I was just coming here to question "sith" trooper. Seems weird given all the "kill the past" talk, as y'all have pointed out.
Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And this is why you plan the over-arching story before you start the trilogy, kids.
How could it have come to this?
twilly
AG
Anyway, this Sith Trooper screams of something that only gets about 15 seconds of air time....just enough to create a buzz and sell an uber amount of toys but has no affect on the overall plotline.

Also, adding the term "Sith" to anything could be seen as a lame attempt to appease the over 35 yo fanboys who still may be harboring some ill will of the franchise since TLJ.
AgfromHOU
AG
twilly said:

He's collecting them so he can recreate the fax machine scene from Office Space
bobinator
AG
I'd take the under on 15 seconds. Any kind of storm trooper related stuff is always basically for the fans/collectors/cosplayers. Still think including Sith in the name is weird though.
twilly
AG
bobinator said:

I'd take the under on 15 seconds. Any kind of storm trooper related stuff is always basically for the fans/collectors/cosplayers. Still think including Sith in the name is weird though.
Seeing all the toys, Funkos, Lego sets, hallmark ornaments , Sideshow figures, etc. that is already showing up on the web, this is an attempt to get the fanboy money before the movie comes out knowing there's a chance they'll be disappointed again and stop spending on SW.
TCTTS
AG
My guess is that with Kylo now in charge of the First Order, maybe he "rebrands" them, for lack of a better word. His desires/goals *are* seemingly contradictory, but the more I think about, he mostly wants to kill *his* past - i.e. the good/light part of himself - and fully embrace the dark. Embracing the dark, in this instance, means honoring whom he believes his grandfather to be, of course, and potentially going "full Sith." In other words, no more facade that the Empire/First Order merely wants to run the galaxy, Kylo could now potentially be even more of a religious zealot of sorts who wants to rule via the "Sith law" and shove his beliefs down the throats of the galaxy, if that makes sense. Hence maybe "rebranding" the First Order as a Sith organization now.
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

My guess is that with Kylo now in charge of the First Order, maybe he "rebrands" them, for lack of a better word. His desires/goals *are* seemingly contradictory, but the more I think about, he mostly wants to kill *his* past - i.e. the good/light part of himself - and fully embrace the dark. Embracing the dark, in this instance, means honoring whom he believes his grandfather to be, of course, and potentially going "full Sith." In other words, no more facade that the Empire/First Order merely wants to run the galaxy, Kylo is now potentially even more of a religious zealot of sorts who wants to *rule* via the "Sith law" and shove his beliefs down the throats of the galaxy, if that makes sense. Hence "rebranding" the First Order as a Sith organization now.
Or it could be that these Sith troopers are actually not under Kylo's control, but are under the command of the resurrected Palpatine, which would truly make them soldiers of the Sith.
TCTTS
AG
By the way, surely Han and Leia told Kylo that Vader turned to the light in the end, right? I've never really understood why Kylo "worships" Vader the way he does, given that Vader denied - and essentially even destroyed - the dark side in the end.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that probably makes more sense. If there's any redemption at all for Kylo, there has to be some kind of evil for *him* to ultimately go against, and the Sith coming back into play fits that bill perfectly.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.