*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,827 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any time things ever get heated in here, we just need to post Father Roderick reaction videos, and all will be as it should...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I always get a kick out of this guy.

General reposti!
Average Joe
AG
Just make Rey and Ben twins separated at birth. The whole trilogy being their struggle with the dark/light side. It would explain their ability to force facetime, Rey's likeness to Han, and how they tend to turn to the other side when around each other (Ben gets soft and Rey gets pissed). The Rise of Skywalker is them creating a balance in the force by being each half.
TCTTS
AG
I somehow posted directly below you and missed that.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think because the OT cast is so much older, they had to have a big time gap and have a lot of stuff happen in between. I like that there is a lot of story there that we don't know....Otherwise the whole first movie would have just been characters giving us exposition or telling us what happened (which was kinda Leia and Hans dialogue when they talked....imagine a whole movie of that).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I agree. This has always felt like a staple of Star Wars to me, going back to A New Hope.

You're thrown into the middle of the action, and hear references to things like the Old Republic, the Senate, the Emperor, the Clone Wars... things you never see.

But it gives the whole saga a real feel of history. Of things actually happening before and after just the movie we're watching now. It's a great way to make it feel like a real world.
TCTTS
AG
I think it'd be the exact opposite, actually. Episodes VII and VIII are full of exposition and stuff we have to infer. Whereas the Episode VII I outlined would be actually seeing that stuff in real time. I'm literally suggesting they show don't tell...

- We would see The First Order reveal themselves.

- We would see Snoke tempt Kylo.

- We would see Kylo turn.

- We would see Luke go into hiding.

- We would see Leia and Han break up.

... instead of all of that being things characters simply talked about the past two movies. And I don't think the ages would have to be all that different. Driver could play 25, and just have him turn at that age. And Luke, Leia, and Han could all play five years younger than they were in TFA, no problem.

But if they couldn't swing that for whatever reasons, and wanted to have Ben turn at 15 or whatever, there's still opportunity to do a really cool animated movie or series set 15 years prior to TFA, where all of that basically plays out. I'd watch that in a heartbeat.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wouldn't that feel like a retread of ROTS? (As opposed to ANH.)
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I agree. This has always felt like a staple of Star Wars to me, going back to A New Hope.

You're thrown into the middle of the action, and hear references to things like the Old Republic, the Senate, the Emperor, the Clone Wars... things you never see.

But it gives the whole saga a real feel of history. Of things actually happening before and after just the movie we're watching now. It's a great way to make it feel like a real world.

A New Hope was really the only one that did that, though, and the only reason they got away with it was because there had been no other movies prior. So being thrown in the middle of the action worked to its advantage. But being thrown into the middle of the action after SIX movies just didn't make a whole lot of since, IMO. Gaps needed to have been bridged better. I actually think that's a huge reason why people don't connect to the sequel trilogy as much.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wouldn't that feel like a retread of ROTS? (As opposed to ANH.)

If I had to pick between retreads, I would have MUCH rather we got a ROTS redo over a redo of ANH, as only one of those movies didn't need to be remade because of how perfect it was the first go-around.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's true. ROTS is pretty perfect.
TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's true. ROTS is pretty perfect.

Your phone posted a huge typo
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

A New Hope was really the only one that did that, though, and the only reason they got away with it was because there had been no other movies prior. So being thrown in the middle of the action worked to its advantage. But being thrown into the middle of the action after SIX movies just didn't make a whole lot of since, IMO. Gaps needed to have been bridged better. I actually think that's a huge reason why people don't connect to the sequel trilogy as much.
Plenty happened off screen between ANH and TESB ... maybe less stuff happening between TESB and ROTJ but that was probably due to the shorter time frame story-wise between those movies.
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
still don't like it but whatevs, it's just going on merchandise.
The Collective
AG
Looks like poor Klaud has been treated just like empty-handed Chewie on the medal stand. #AlienLivesMatter
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just realized. Isn't it pretty late in the game to have not gotten an official teaser poster yet?

Trying to think if we'd gotten them at this point for TFA and TLJ.
TCTTS
AG
What do you mean? We got the teaser poster at D23.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought we established that was just a D23 poster?

I mean just look at it. Palpatine is copy/pasted from Clone Wars.

Edit: I guess I should clarify. Didn't we have the actual theatrical posters by this point?
The Collective
AG
October
Average Joe
AG
I wonder why C-3PO has Chewie's bowcaster and bandoleer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same as the final trailer? I could've sworn they came out earlier, but yeah, you're right.
The Collective
AG
Yea, TFA one was about a week before my birthday; only reason I remember it.
TCTTS
AG
The sequel trilogy has only have ever had teaser/convention posters (one for each movie), and then final posters (one for each movie). The TLJ teaser poster was released at Celebration that year, and the TFA teaser poster was released at either Celebration or Comic-Con that year.

The final posters always hit day of the trailer in October.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah, as per my handy index, it was the day before the final trailer dropped.

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2440759/201
TCTTS
AG
Another preview of the project I'm working on, but these are the teaser posters for all nine films. I researched the sh*t of this to make sure all were accurate, found THE highest quality versions for each one, and I even had to recreate the TFA teaser poster, as there's not a super high quality version anywhere on the internet that features the logo and release date. But there *is* a super high quality version of just the art. So found a png of the TFA logo, downloaded the exact SW font used for "December 18," and made sure I got the placement exactly right...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome stuff.

Also really drives home the fact that ST teaser posters do nothing for me. I wish they at least matched each other more.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks. And yeah, the one with the final versions of each poster looks better. It's all assembled, I'm just waiting to slide the final Episode IX poster in, and it'll be ready to go. But each trilogy has a distinct look/design on that one, which helps.
The Collective
AG
Dat AOTC poster.. or half of it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TPM and AOTC definitely win in this category. Both are great. TPM is simply iconic. One of the best posters ever.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TPM and AOTC definitely win in this category. Both are great. TPM is simply iconic. One of the best posters ever.

AOTC - the one with Padme and Anakin back to back?? That's lame as hell.

I pretty much hate everything about the prequels, but I do agree on TPM... That is an incredible poster and absolutely iconic.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, the AOTC one is my least favorite. It looks like photoshop 101.
Saul Goodman
AG
I have to say the TFA one is awful, IMO.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Last Jedi one rocks. I remember the crowd being so hyped for the trailer, then seeing that and you could hear the breath go out of them at the convention.
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.