*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

749,791 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, but those changes were fairly subtle. Sith Rey with a red, double-blades lightsaber is a holy sh*t moment. They're not going to change that in the movie and then go, "Gotcha, suckers, it's really green!" More than likely the "trick" is that it's a vision or whatever, not that it's a different color lightsaber.
TCTTS
AG
exitone
AG
For what its worth...
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/star-wars-fans-caught-disney-212200885.html

This is referring to a release from Disney where they said:

...but the new footage, including a moment where Rey appears to toss a fully-ignited lightsaber, and of course the vision of Rey with a reticulated red blade, was nothing short of thrilling.

But then changed it to:

...but the new footage, including a moment where Rey appears to toss a fully-ignited lightsaber, and of course the sight of Rey with a reticulated red blade, was nothing short of thrilling.
vwbug
Wonder if this is the same shot but they decided to have them looking at something different in the D23 trailer?

TCTTS
AG
99% certain those are two different planets. I think it's just a similar "reveal" shot. Also, Rey is holding something other than her bo staff in the Death Star pic and not in the lower pic...

redline248
AG
Has Batuu shown up anywhere, before? Sounds familiar, but can't place it

AliasMan02
AG
Thrawn Alliances
Mentioned in Solo (Black Spire)

And it's the planet where Galaxy's Edge is, of course.

Just started this on the way home and am psyched to read more about Vi and Cardinal.
AliasMan02
AG
The very ill-titled YA novel, Crash of Fate (also takes place on Batuu), was actually really good. Other YA novels like Ahsoka and Lost Stars have been among the best new novels, weirdly enough.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Warning: Once you start down this spoiler path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

the KOR no longer serve their original master and I bet you can guess who their new master is
FTA03
AG
SIAP, i think Rey was created by the force, same as Anakin. Both were created to offset an imbalance in the force, and shift to the dark or light as needed after being created. Kylo turning to dark side and Luke disassociating from the force created an imbalance which woke the force in Rey in TFA. Anakin turning to the dark side ultimately lead to a balance at the end of ROTS. I know it doesn't explain "Sith Rey" but does provide a simple Rey origin explanation that the casual fan can follow.
Phat32
bobinator
AG
That's what I've been saying as well, curious about this aspect though, do you think the force itself willed her into existence, or did someone manipulate the force to create her?
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

That's what I've been saying as well, curious about this aspect though, do you think the force itself willed her into existence, or did someone manipulate the force to create her?
Or...when a mommy and daddy love each other very much...
bobinator
AG
Well wait, is that like an actual spoiler, or like a theory?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't hovered over it, but if it is, I'm disappointed in you Muck. Stay strong!

It's just 4 months away.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bobinator said:

Well wait, is that like an actual spoiler, or like a theory?
It's real. My texter friend told me it, although I had to solve a riddle first
Phat32
AG
If I've noticed anything from Star Wars, it's that fan theories are often galaxies away from the actual script.
bobinator
AG
How reliable is this guy? Is it the same one that has hinted that time travel is going to be involved in this movie?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
No, I've never said anything about that subject. That theory never came from me.
Go to page 57 to learn about my source if you'd like.
bobinator
AG
Sorry, yeah I mis-remembered that, I remember the discussion of your second point leading to all kinds of time travel theories so that's why those are connected in my memory.
Flashdiaz
AG
I still prefer my theory that Anakin was created by Palpatine using the dark side. The force created Rey to finally kill off the Skywalker bloodline which is a *******ization of the force and should be eradicated.

But given the name of ep IX, I doubt they'll go this route lol.
PlanoAggie
AG
I want one of those!! Awesomeness!!
The Collective
AG
I've decided that the shot of Rey throwing her saber is on Endor. I hope that I'm right.
double aught
AG
Can we just get the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning of the movie please?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've realized what I like most about the new video is all the love for ANH - as if they're acknowledging - if it wasn't so amazing, none of the rest of this would have ever happened.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's from my sort-of friend, I can't pass up that kinda info.
twilly
AG
In the April trailer there's literally a scene of Kylo stompin' KOR ass. It's not that much of a stretch to think what you wrote would happen. IMO, it seems to be the most likely outcome.

Still feeds into my feelings that Kylo is a useful idiot in a grander scheme.
TCTTS
AG
I'm almost positive that's not KOR guy he's stompin'. We analyzed the footage a while back in this thread. It looks to be some kind of clansman, as there's another guy in the background dressed the exact same way, with the exact same helmet - dressed the same as the guy Kylo kills in Rey's vision in TFA.
TCTTS
AG
I doubt this comes to fruition, but how cool would "Vader's haunted castle" be as a set piece?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mentioned months back that it would be pretty awesome to see this location again, after seeing it in Rogue One.

Especially if it means the climactic final battle takes place on Mustafar. Many will complain it's repetitive - don't care. I would love it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I doubt this comes to fruition, but how cool would "Vader's haunted castle" be as a set piece?

One of my favorite old SW video games is Jedi Academy where you go to Vader's castle on Vjun.

Vader decided to put a giant statue of himself inside?

Got his house and his ride decorated the same.

Old school McQuarrie artwork of what the Emperor's palace was going to look like.

TCTTS
AG
Vader's castle was going to be a location in TFA, but Abrams scrapped it for whatever reason. That said, it's been reported that a few scrapped locations and ideas from TFA are finding their way back into this movie (see: sunken Death Star), so you never know...
redline248
AG
One thing I think we know about Hollywood...no idea goes to waste. It shows up somewhere
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

Vader's castle was going to be a location in TFA, but Abrams scrapped it for whatever reason. That said, it's been reported that a few scrapped locations and ideas from TFA are finding their way back into this movie (see: sunken Death Star), so you never know...
There was also the floating Luke hand in space that was in the early versions of TFA. Said they cloned people from the hand. Hmmm.... ya never know?
TCTTS
AG
Oh, there's been copious discussion on that already...
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.