*** Archer - literally one thread for all seasons, memes, discussions.

12,581 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Objective Aggie
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
?itemid=3578169
CubbieAggie
AG
r/iamverysmart
AliasMan02
AG
An underrated gag in Archer is the use of lines delivered off screen.

Archer meeting Babou, and then seeing him again on the train is a great example. "Look at his little spots!"

Another great one is Mallory, having killed the Italian Prime Minister, calling to Kreiger from the kitchen only to have him preemptively say from off screen, "Yeah, I found it..." is maybe the best.
superunknown
AG
That rick & morty copypasta is probably my favorite thing about the show.
YouBet
AG
The last season I watched was the one with all the clowns and hostages. Which one was that?
jeffk
AG
Does anyone else smell toast?
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

The last season I watched was the one with all the clowns and hostages. Which one was that?
That was not the most recent season, but the prior one. I forget if that season had a title.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think it's the one where they are 30's detectives. Furlock Bones.
redline248
AG
That's Dreamland, the most recent season. Furlock Bones was 2 seasons ago and it's modern time.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh yeah I forgot they've been detectives for two seasons.
Mozart Paintings
AG
AliasMan02 said:

An underrated gag in Archer is the use of lines delivered off screen.

Archer meeting Babou, and then seeing him again on the train is a great example. "Look at his little spots!"

Another great one is Mallory, having killed the Italian Prime Minister, calling to Kreiger from the kitchen only to have him preemptively say from off screen, "Yeah, I found it..." is maybe the best.

This is what I've noticed much more the second time watching.
Deputy Travis Junior
Quote:

...they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,"
Obligatory "Username checks out."
TexasAggies06
AG
I never understand why so many people on here refer to Archer as a "guilty pleasure." To me, that means something that you know is objectively terrible, but you like it anyway for some reason, and you would be embarrassed for others to know that you like it. Archer is a very smart, critically-acclaimed show. Don't feel bad for knowing it's great!
DrEvazanPhD
When i was in the king's african rifles, the local Zambezi tribesmen used to refer to human flesh as "long pig."

Never much cared for it.
AgPediRPh
AG
Archer answers romantic questions

Not the greatest, but "Sterling Archer" answered my Danger Zone question....
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

If he doesn't know how to poach a ******* egg, should I dump him? (Seriously, it's like Eggs 101.) Michelle Lynn

Yes. (I know.)
I laughed way too hard at this.
Objective Aggie
AG
Max Power
AG
Finally the correct recipe for Eggs Woodhouse, outstanding.
Post removed:
by user
dcaggie04
AG
April 25th
dcaggie04
AG
Max Power said:

Finally the correct recipe for Eggs Woodhouse, outstanding.

The only way to start a perfect day.

The Milkman
AG
I just watched that 6 minute clip someone posted of the "40 hilarious jokes" from Archer and frankly I dont get it.
AgHawkeye
AG
TexasAggies06 said:

I never understand why so many people on here refer to Archer as a "guilty pleasure." To me, that means something that you know is objectively terrible, but you like it anyway for some reason, and you would be embarrassed for others to know that you like it. Archer is a very smart, critically-acclaimed show. Don't feel bad for knowing it's great!

Yep. I proudly wear my Archer Danger Zone T-shirt.
Post removed:
by user
Satellite of Love
RAAAMMMMMPPPAAAGGGEEEE!!!!!!!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Milkman said:

I just watched that 6 minute clip someone posted of the "40 hilarious jokes" from Archer and frankly I dont get it.

G Martin 87
AG
third coast.. said:

the best line in the entire series IMO is this:

"What, hes against clean burning lamp oil?" in response to lonna telling him about that eco warrior trying to stop Japanese whaling.

I do find myself asking people if they want ants regularly.
Yep, "and that's how you get ants" is one of my favorites too. I used "Christ on sale!" in front of my wife once, who promptly lost it and asked where I'd heard that expression before.
Humorous Username
AG

OCEN99
AG
To get people hyped for the new season, the Archer folks put together a Spotify playlist. Lots of Polynesian and bossa nova in there.
OCEN99
AG
Anyone catch the season premier last night? It didn't blow me away, but I'll withhold judgement for a couple of episodes. Krieger was the highlight for me, as usual.
WaltonAg18
AG
My wife will occasionally watch the show with me, but it is the personification of my sense of humor. I've yet to find something that can make me laugh harder than the episodes in the early seasons. It manages to be clever lowbrow humor, and I agree with one of the previous posts - some of the best jokes are off-screen in the background.

The amount of times I've used phrasing, RAAAAAAMPAAAAAAGE, little column A little column B, etc. with my fishbuddies is probably a little absurd.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
It was a luke warm start, but as silly as it was, the bit that got me the most was Rat/Snake. And Figgis' new name.
bedofbrass33
AG
YoungWaltonAg18 said:

My wife
Class of '18? Still in school?

Quote:

Walton

Quote:

fishbuddies

Since when did non-regs get fish buddies?

WTF is happening here????

WaltonAg18
AG
I got married in January!

All the Bonfire folk still have fishbuddies. Although Walton is on the road to the way of the dodo unfortunately due to some drama between a few of the other classes and the university.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
Objective Aggie
AG
Walton? Is that on campus?

Must be a part of Hotard or something
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.