*** Archer - literally one thread for all seasons, memes, discussions.

12,595 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Objective Aggie
Objective Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did a search and couldn't find a thread on this. With season 9 kicking off thought it deserved it's own thread.

This is the definition of guilty pleasure. It is infantile, irreverent, and inappropriate. But maybe that is why I love it. It has so much high brow mixed in with the low brow. So many references and subtleties.

Anyhow, here is the place to discuss current seasons, favorite moments, pig clones, whatever.
Bruce Almighty
AG
One should not be embarrassed to watch the best animated show on tv.
Objective Aggie
AG
I typically agree with other Barry.

Objective Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Unpopular opinion:

The show, IMO, hasn't been good the past few seasons. <ducks>

When they moved to Los Angeles and started the Figgis Agency, I think they started going downhill. That season started good, but kinda faded out at the end. This last season (Dreamland) was when I checked out. I watched the first episode and that's it. I just lost interest quickly in what the show had become. It would be nice if they went back to being....you know, spies.

I still watch the reruns all the times, but only those first four or five seasons.
Objective Aggie
AG
powerbelly
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Unpopular opinion:

When they moved to Los Angeles and started the Figgis Agency, I think they started going downhill. That season started good, but kinda faded out at the end. This last season (Dreamland) was when I checked out. I watched the first episode and that's it. I just lost interest quickly in what the show had become. It would be nice if they went back to being....you know, spies.

I still watch the reruns all the times, but only those first four or five seasons.
I think that is a pretty popular opinion.
MGS
By the way, Netflix is dropping Archer this month.
Swarely
Bruce Almighty said:

Objective Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Unpopular opinion:

Season six was great. Most shows start to show age and wear after a few seasons. It is still better than 90% of what is on now.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It's the one of those shows that the more you pay attention, the funnier gets. Love it.
KidDoc
AG
MGS said:

Sweet! I've watched it off & on but never really binged it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Max Power
AG
Every time I'm at a brunch place I like to ask "Do you know how to make eggs Woodhouse?" My wife doesn't find it amusing.
CubbieAggie
AG
KidDoc said:

MGS said:

Sweet! I've watched it off & on but never really binged it.
Well, you only have 13 more days to be able to binge it on Netflix. It's on there now, but it's being removed on 3/14. All of the FX shows have been moving over to Hulu.
AliasMan02
AG
Dreamland was a lot of fun and very different. Not my favorite season, but... c'mon it's still good. It takes a lot to change format the way they did, going to the season-long story arc model, and still be successful.
G Martin 87
AG
I've enjoyed all the seasons, but for me the high point was reached with "Skytanic" in Season 1. That's still the best episode IMO.
Punked Shank
AG
Phrasing.

Is Netflix caught up on seasons? May try to binge last two seasons
Bruce Almighty
AG
Swarely said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Actually, I need to correct my original statement. Archer is the second best animated show behind BoJack Horseman.
Objective Aggie
AG
coastsrs said:

Phrasing.

Is Netflix caught up on seasons? May try to binge last two seasons

Season 9 started this week. Netflix will have 1-7 for the next two weeks. So you will need to bang those out quickly.
Baba Ganoush
AG
G Martin 87 said:

I've enjoyed all the seasons, but for me the high point was reached with "Skytanic" in Season 1. That's still the best episode IMO.

Beardsley McTurbanHead
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
G Martin 87 said:

The pirate king episodes are better IMO.

The funniest scene is this though.

Rongagin71
AG
Old time cartoon:
Read the comic here
http://www.gocomics.com/theargylesweater/2018/03/02
CubbieAggie
AG
G Martin 87 said:

AgEng06
AG
titanmaster_race
G Martin 87 said:

AgEng06
AG
Well, since we've already had it mentioned twice...

jackie childs
Humorous Username
AG
CubbieAggie
AG
Krieger might be the best part of the show. So fort kick ass was created in season 1. Here's a screenshot from season 4.

CW Griswold
redline248
AG
Coked out Pam is best Pam
Objective Aggie
AG
redline248 said:

Coked out Pam is best Pam

maverick2076
G Martin 87 said:

"Terms of Enrampagement" was my favorite.
Thunder18
AG
Mine too
superunknown
AG
Swarely said:

Bruce Almighty said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.