*** Super Troopers 2 ***

10,216 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Breggy Popup
AggieLitigator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Loved the first one. Saw the new one last night and was pretty disappointed. A few good one liners and the Devito scene was awesome. Overall pretty weak. Boring overall.
Bunk Moreland
It was exactly what I wanted it to be.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

It was exactly what I wanted it to be.
aggiegrad01
AG
Loved it!
YellAgs
AG
Fn hilarious
HeadGames
AG
It was the super troopers I had hoped for. The brothel scene was great.
Sex Panther
AG
Finally saw this last night, and I absolutely loved it. The scene where they impersonated the Mounties to make them look bad had me rolling, topped by Mac and Thorny's French routine. Thought the Mounties were great as well... and everything about Flova Scotia.

Awesome sequel that delivered even after all these years. And you can tell they had a blast making it.
SWCBonfire
AG
Supposedly box office is over $25MM... I wonder how successful does it have to be to warrant less than 16 years between films?
Duncan Idaho
I was going to see this on Saturday but it was already pulled from the 2 closest theaters.
Bunk Moreland
http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/super-troopers-2-could-have-been-the-end-for-broken-lizard.html

Great interview with the whole crew. They gambled and won. My guess is we see Potfest or Beerfest 2 then a Super Troopers 3.

Quote:

What do you consider your greatest accomplishment or success between the two Super Troopers movies?

Steve: The crowdfunding campaign was the great unknown for us. We kind of had to be pushed in that direction, then we were scared because we'd been told by the studio that they didn't think the audience was out there anymore. So we worked hard to put this thing together, and the night before it's almost like a movie opening you don't know what will happen. What if we ask for $2 million and nobody shows up? That means that everybody else was right, the fans were not there, and we should definitely hang it up. So we worked hard on it, and on the first day we raised $2 million bucks in 24 hours and it was such a relief.

Jay:
If it meant nothing, if it meant that fans were going to wait until home video, it very well could have meant the end of Broken Lizard. We discussed it: "If they don't come, we should break this damn thing up." And when we won Friday, I realized, "We might get another five to ten out of this thing."

Paul:
The accomplishment was that fans stepped up and we did get it made. We had an office at Warner Bros. and Mark McKinney from Kids in the Hall was working in this writing room above us and said, "Oh you guys are Broken Lizard. You guys are the most successful sketch comedy group ever!" And we're like, "What are you talking about? Every day is a ****ing struggle." He says, "You've been doing this for 30 years and you made a bunch of movies. We couldn't do that. We destroyed ourselves before we could do that." I have to remind myself of the accomplishments we've had. It's so hard to believe.

Post removed:
by user
Dread Pirate Roberts
I didnt wasn't focused on these movies when they came out (except ST2), so I didn't know the box office levels and didn't know Club Dread did badly. Its my favorite BL movie after the ST movies.
brew82
Just watched this On Demand, as the movie began with them on the bus I was thinking this is going to be bad. Man was I wrong, after that scene the rest of the movie was so entertaining. I haven't laughed like that during a movie in a while. Take out the opening and this movie definitely held it's own with the original, imo.
captkirk
AG
If you loved the first one, I don't see how you could be disappointed with this one
Breggy Popup
AG
Got my megascript for being a backer. The pics and notes in the script are hilarious!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.