*** BLADE RUNNER 2049 *** (Spoiler Thread)

23,329 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by C@LAg
AGinHI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

cr0wbar said:

2 hours and 43 minutes.

waste of a redbox

Here you go
I cringe every time I see a tsunami portrayed as some colossal curling wave.

Let's make up any 'ol catastrophic **** just because.

How bout a tornado with a circumference equivalent of Houston, hail the size of a two story house, a hurricane the size of North America...smh

If you're going to depict the stupid wave, why not?

/endrant
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
jr15aggie
AG
cr0wbar said:

2 hours and 43 minutes.

waste of a redbox

I'm really sorry bro, your taste in movies is awful! I'm sad for you!
Buck O Five
AG
You would hate Jupiter
TCTTS
AG
Just wanted to remind everyone that this movie is a miracle. It's been playing on HBO all weekend, I've been catching bits and pieces all over again, and I seriously think it might be one of the ten best sci-fi movies ever made, it's that good. I love it so much.
jr15aggie
AG
Definitely one of my favorites!
Sapper Redux
TCTTS said:

Just wanted to remind everyone that this movie is a miracle. It's been playing on HBO all weekend, I've been catching bits and pieces all over again, and I seriously think it might be one of the ten best sci-fi movies ever made, it's that good. I love it so much.

It really is brilliant. My wife isn't a huge sci-fi fan, but she agreed to watch the original Blade Runner and loved it. She loved this one even more.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
It's the best looking movie since Avatar, don't @ me.
Stat Monitor Repairman
bobinator said:

I thought that's why the catwalk seen with the giant nude Joi was especially poignant. It calls him John which was the name that 'his' Joi picked out. (It's unclear if it recognizes him, or if that's just a name that all Jois use, but either way it's a look inside the true soul-less-ness of the AI)
I don't think that it recognizes him. My interpretation was that Joi is just running her standard program and "K's" Joi never really existed in the first place. All the "human" emotions that he felt toward Joi were an illusion. There are a million more exactly like her, running the same program.

jr15aggie
AG
Gosh dang, but this is a good movie!!!

Watched it again in 4K and holy crap it's so good! Loved the original and didn't catch this one in the theater, but I bought it day 1 and have watched it a couple times now.

Yeah, definitely one of my favorite sci-fi's ever made. The music, the visuals, the story... All wins! Bravo, standing ovation, etc.
KidDoc
AG
It was a rare rainy day today in Aggieland and I had some free time just sitting around on call so watched this on demand through Dish in HD on my OLED (not 4k stream). The weather fit this film perfectly! I didn't care for the original thought it was a bit plodding and abstract. I thought this one was overall much better. As already mentioned the visuals were great, they really made the dystopian future come alive.

One thing I couldn't figure out in Vegas was the giant naked girl statues. What were those meant to be? Giant naked statues that were built right before the black-out? Just seemed odd.

I liked the twist of the young girl with the immunodeficiency being the daughter. Also a poignant point that reproduction is a miracle and this miracle of replicant reproduction resulted in an essentially fatal mutation.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
So you just taught me something and then I looked this up and I dont feel better about tidal waves

AgGrad99
AG
Recorded this on HBO and finally watched it

Really really disliked it

It seemed like a 30 minute movie stretched to 2:45. I started fast forwarding through quite a bit of the scenes, just to move the dang story along.

It was also confusing at times...and once I understood what was happening, the payoff wasn't worth it. The ending was a bit flat too.

Just not my type of movie I guess.
Sex Panther
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Recorded this on HBO and finally watched it

Really really disliked it

It seemed like a 30 minute movie stretched to 2:45. I started fast forwarding through quite a bit of the scenes, just to move the dang story along.

It was also confusing at times...and once I understood what was happening, the payoff wasn't worth it. The ending was a bit flat too.

Just not my type of movie I guess.

AgGrad99
AG
Hulla Baller
AG
I agree with most of the posters here. The movie looked great but the plot was a load of crap.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MGS
I loved the movie, but it needed to be about 30 minutes shorter.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

I agree with most of the posters here. The movie looked great but the plot was a load of crap.
I will agree with that. Looked very cool....but the story..meh
TCTTS
AG
tremble
AG
Finally saw this. I had not seen the original when 2049 came out in theaters and it felt wrong to see the sequel without seeing the original. I ended up buying both on 4K and they are both spectacular.

Denis can do no wrong as far as I am concerned. The mantle/sex scene is one of the most visually arresting I've ever seen. They also did an incredible job of maintaining the grime/feel of the first movie.
Donald Glover
AG
You skipped through scenes and then wondered why you were confused?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Just re-read the thread and I don't think most posters on this thread agree with you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reminder that we're two days away from the Blade Runner future.
Tonyperkis
AG
I don't know how many times I've seen this movie on HBO, but it's just so good. It's leaving HBO soon (I believe the end of this month) so catch it while you can. I still can't believe what Denis Villeneuve pulled off considering he had to follow up the original Blade Runner. Also, just a nod to Hans Zimmer and what he can bring to these movies. So many of my favorite movie scores are from him (Blade Runner 2049, Interstellar, Inception, Dunkirk, Batman Trilogy, Sherlock Holmes, Gladiator, and others). This is one of my favorites of his for sure considering how important it was to capture the Blade Runner world properly.
TCTTS
AG
AgGrad99
AG
Donald Glover said:

You skipped through scenes and then wondered why you were confused?
I didnt start out doing that. After a while...some of the movie drug along, so I'd hit the ffwd button during some of the slow parts. I held out hope it'd get interesting, but it didnt. I guess I could have just turned it off. Thought i'd try to give it a chance.
tehmackdaddy
AG
I saw this maybe a year ago at a friend's house without ever seeing the first Bladerunner. I really enjoyed BR2049 (especially Ana de Armas). My only complaint was the plot was sometimes hard to follow.
jr15aggie
AG
Every time I see this thread pop up I feel obligated to throw in my comment how this has quickly become one of my favorite flicks of all time. And the soundtrack is the real MVP!
Chipotlemonger
AG
I am embarrassed to say I never saw this in theaters. What a shame. watched it last night FINALLY but it would have been simply amazing on the big screen.

Anyways, great movie. Really makes you think and isn't some simple film.
jr15aggie
AG
Watching the original Blade Runner.... the opening sequence starts with a cool digital pop up of The Ladd Company whose logo is a green tree. I'm wondering if the dead tree in 2049 is significant and a salute to the original film.

I'm pretty sure The Ladd Company, like the tree, is also now dead.
C@LAg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.