****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,202 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seriously you have armies fighting, dragons flying, battle after battle, backstabbing and conspiring all to rule the seven kingdoms.

Then a group of 10 or so folks sit around - do you want, no do you want it, hey who wants it? Ok it's yours. Glad we got that settled.

Old Tom Morris
annie88 said:

JJxvi said:

annie88 said:

You're the one that's making the Hitler comparisons. I would've never brought that comparison up. So get that out of your mind and let the whole Hitler Nazi thing go.

Danny was not the altruistic Savior that she appeared to be to someif you watch the whole series. It's there all along.

Don't agree with me I don't care. If you want to think of it in a different way fine I'm just telling you she didn't just change characters at the very end.
Trust me, the show made the Hitler comparison.
Good grief. No, they didn't. But if you want to believe it so badly, then fine.
There was a giant red and black Targaryan banner on the castle when she's giving her angry conquering speech for goodness sake. All while ash of people that she'd just torched is falling. Please tell me you are not this obtuse
La Bamba
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Seriously you have armies fighting, dragons flying, battle after battle, backstabbing and conspiring all to rule the seven kingdoms.

Then a group of 10 or so folks sit around - do you want, no do you want it, hey who wants it? Ok it's yours. Glad we got that settled.

No, it's better yet. Hey, you know that guy that like, isn't really a guy or part of this world anymore? Yeah, I hear he'll actually just turn into a tree when he's older. Yeah, let's make that guy the king. Ok, great, yeah!
Agnzona
LeonardSkinner said:

Hmmm... Samwell Tarly, father of democracy.

It was a Monty Python Script.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
chipotle
How did Jon not get free and clear of the crime seen? Drogon takes off with the body and Jon could have covered the blood with snow/ash, whistle walked out of the hall and been like "hey greyworm, dany said she'd brb. Said let Tyrion go. Kthnxbai"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The biggest "**** yeah!" moment of the episode for me was Tyrion taking off his pin and throwing it down the stairs.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
ATM1876 said:

Ser Jaime Lannister

Squired for Barriston Selmy against the Kingwood Outlaws. Knighted and named to the Kingsguard in his sixteenth year for valour in the field: At the Sack of Kings Landing, murdered his King, Aerys the second at the foot of the Iron Throne: Pardoned by King Robert Baratheon:
Thereafter known as the Kingslayer:
After the murder of King Joffrey I by Tyrion Lannister, served under King Tommen I:
Captured in the field at the Whispering Wood:
Set free by Lady Catelyn Stark in return for an oath to find and guard her two daughters:
Lost his

Took Riverrun from the Tully rebels, without loss of life.
Lured the Unsullied into attacking Casterly Rock, sacrificing his childhood home in service to a greater strategy.
Outwitted the Targaryen forces to seize Highgarden. Fought at the Battle of the Goldroad bravely, narrowly escaping death by dragonfire.
Pledged himself to the forces of men and rode north to join them at Winterfell, alone.
Faced the Army of the Dead, and defended the castle against impossible odds until the defeat of the Night King. Escaped imprisonment and rode south in an attempt to save the capital from destruction.
Died protecting his Queen.
This may have been the best call back of the season. I think it was early Season 4 when Joffrey's showing Jaime the same book. He points out that Arthur Dayne has multiple pages but Jaime has just half a page.

Joffrey: "Where are all your good deeds, uncle?"
Jaime: "There's still time"
annie88
AG
If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I think that's a simplistic comparison. But if you wanna get upset about it feel free.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

How is Sam not in the Night's Watch anymore?

There is no Night's Watch
Did you miss the last 30 minutes of this episode?

Where a few remaining NW men took him back to CB where there were freefolk and no NW to speak of....

to guard what exactly? from what?

and instead they passed through and went to live north of the wall....free.

The North own/controls the Wall and CB now anyway and they are not part of the realm of 6 kingdoms. they have no authority up there. And none of them would ever go up there anyway.

He could ride back through that gate any time. But he is apparently choosing to live up there. He was seemingly happiest up there. and he has no real home since he is not a Stark really and the last Targaryen with no lands and no desire to rule.

Old Tom Morris
annie88 said:

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I think that's a simplistic comparison. But if you wanna get upset about it feel free.
Not upset. Amused, actually.

yes, it was beyond the writing to get simplistic the past 2 seasons. LOL
hbc07
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The biggest "**** yeah!" moment of the episode for me was Tyrion taking off his pin and throwing it down the stairs.
I kinda thought he was going to shank her right then and there.
JJxvi
AG
chipotle said:

How did Jon not get free and clear of the crime seen? Drogon takes off with the body and Jon could have covered the blood with snow/ash, whistle walked out of the hall and been like "hey greyworm, dany said she'd brb. Said let Tyrion go. Kthnxbai"
He's Jon Snow. First thing he did was admit it.
Liquid Wrench
I genuinely feel like some of you don't actually watch the show, you just come to disagree with comments you see posted by other TexAggers.
CoolaidWade
AG
Not my king.
wangus12
AG
chipotle said:

Jon probably turned himself in because it was the right thing to do
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Howland Reed should've been at that election council.
There was one dude I did not recognize. Im just sayin.
Bunk Moreland
Zombie Jon Snow said:

annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

Yup. How are so many not getting this?

They made an empty gesture that would satisfy the simple minded Grey Worm.

That's it.

Except the wall was rebuilt when we saw it & there were multiple lines of dialogue refuting it directly in the episode...

Tyrion talks to Jon about a piss.

Tyrion halfway questions the decision because he won't be able to marry or have kids.

Jon tells Arya to come visit him there because none of the men are manly enough to do something to Arya if she breaks the rules and goes up there.

But yeah, other than the entire episode saying otherwise, let's retcon that to supposing Bran & Tyrion had a wink wink and knew they were setting Jon free.

Honestly I wish they had played it that way but they absolutely did not.
gigemJTH12
AG
One way I know the episode was pretty damn good and people are just mad about the season in general and blinded by that fact so much that they can't concentrate on one episode...

There is hardly any specific complaints and valid reasonings. Just a bunch of "that sucked!"
FtBendTxAg
AG
This will go down in history as an all time worst finale of a major show
Humorous Username
AG
JJxvi said:

chipotle said:

He's Jon Snow. First thing he did was admit it.

Yep. I don't think he'll ever lose the honorable traits that Ned Stark instilled in him, and that's not a bad thing.
Muy
AG
Anyone else see the subtle shot at the 2016 election where the leaders laugh at the idea of a popular vote selecting who leads?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
OldShadeOfBlue said:

ATM1876 said:

Ser Jaime Lannister

Squired for Barriston Selmy against the Kingwood Outlaws. Knighted and named to the Kingsguard in his sixteenth year for valour in the field: At the Sack of Kings Landing, murdered his King, Aerys the second at the foot of the Iron Throne: Pardoned by King Robert Baratheon:
Thereafter known as the Kingslayer:
After the murder of King Joffrey I by Tyrion Lannister, served under King Tommen I:
Captured in the field at the Whispering Wood:
Set free by Lady Catelyn Stark in return for an oath to find and guard her two daughters:
Lost his

Took Riverrun from the Tully rebels, without loss of life.
Lured the Unsullied into attacking Casterly Rock, sacrificing his childhood home in service to a greater strategy.
Outwitted the Targaryen forces to seize Highgarden. Fought at the Battle of the Goldroad bravely, narrowly escaping death by dragonfire.
Pledged himself to the forces of men and rode north to join them at Winterfell, alone.
Faced the Army of the Dead, and defended the castle against impossible odds until the defeat of the Night King. Escaped imprisonment and rode south in an attempt to save the capital from destruction.
Died protecting his Queen.
This may have been the best call back of the season. I think it was early Season 4 when Joffrey's showing Jaime the same book. He points out that Arthur Dayne has multiple pages but Jaime has just half a page.

Joffrey: "Where are all your good deeds, uncle?"
Jaime: "There's still time"

It is actually a big point in the books for Jaime's character that he believes he has accomplished no great deeds like previous lord commanders. His character actually obsesses over it, as well as the number of men Cersei slept with while he was a prisoner "...and Moonboy for all I know."
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tk for tu juan
FtBendTxAg said:

This will go down in history as an all time worst finale of a major show
Nope, that belongs to HIMYM
hbc07
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

That's it.

Except the wall was rebuilt when we saw it & there were multiple lines of dialogue refuting it directly in the episode...

Tyrion halfway questions the decision because he won't be able to marry or have kids.

Jon tells Arya to come visit him there because none of the men are manly enough to do something to Arya if she breaks the rules and goes up there.

But yeah, other than the entire episode saying otherwise, let's retcon that to supposing Bran & Tyrion had a wink wink and knew they were setting Jon free.

The wall wasn't ever destroyed at Castle Black...
Bunk Moreland
Muy said:

Anyone else see the subtle shot at the 2016 election where the leaders laugh at the idea of a popular vote selecting who leads?

This is called looking for something you are hoping to be a thing...
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Sex Panther said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

Did you miss the last 30 minutes of this episode?

If you or anyone else thinks there's still a Night's Watch and didn't get it... I don't know what to tell you. It's already been touched upon. Bran and Tyrion sent him there to let him be free and go north of the wall. Whatever is left of the Night's Watch is just the few who didn't die and the remaining Wildlings who are hanging out up there.

They don't care about the vow anymore so Sam can go do whatever he wanted. Their job was to protect the wall, and keep out the Army of the Dead and Wildlings. So now their watch has ended.

Plus Sam was studying to be a Maester, and Bran needed a Maester. Pretty sure the King can have that kind of pull.
Straight from Tyrions mouth:
"Our new king has chosen to send you to the Nights Watch. You will take no wife, hold no lands, and father no children."

If that's not enough for you I don't know what to tell you...
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I get they wanted to get Jon to go North, but...

We see Greyworm executing everyone around for his queen, and then he for some reason takes Jon as a prisoner when he finds out he kills Dany?

Then Jon is banished to the nights watch in the north (which has no point of existing), to avoid a fight with the unsullied... but the unsullied just leave anyway, so couldn't Sansa just let Jon off since the Wall is part of the North and she's Queen up there?
Bunk Moreland
Fine. The WW destroyed it down the line but not literally at CB. Please explain the rest of the dialogue from the episode and try to tell me we should assume Brian & Tyrion were pulling one over on Grey Worm to appease him.
Humorous Username
AG
He's executing a broken army. If he executes Jon, he has a sizable, pissed off army to deal with.
Sex Panther
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

That's it.

Come on Bunk... you're smarter than this.

The wall was rebuilt??? That was Castle Black at the end. The wall was destroyed at Eastwatch. And Tyrion talks to Jon about a piss cuz thats a funny thing that Tyrion would say and it's a reference to when they first met and started respecting each other.

Jon doesn't know anything. They've said it a thousand times on the show. Like ZJS said, it was just an empty gesture where Jon could be free/happy. He gets there and sees he can leave with the wildlings.
JCRiley09
AG
Jon never wanted to be leader of anything. Beyond the wall has no titles. Jon is where he wants to be.
bangobango
AG
Lot of stupid **** in that episode. Tried to really turn my brain off and just enjoy it for what it was and got a little enjoyment out of it. Glad it's over so they cannot mess it up anymore.
Liquid Wrench
Muy said:

I didn't think of that at all.

I thought of 18th century debates about popular elections, even in this country. They were expressing the views of the old aristocracy, and not inaccurately.

JJxvi
AG
Greyworm straight up said he would do whatever the King/queen decided (for some reason).

Not sure why he kept him alive in the first place since before that he was obviously going to deal out unsullied justice regardless.
First Page Last Page
Page 394 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.