****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,707 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ranger222 said:

BigTimeAlum said:

Ok, I've processed. This was a disaster. I mean it was OK, but given the build, what a fricken let down. You've been building a story for years. Pay it the hell off. Kudos to the Russo's for End Game. This was bad.

The dragons.... meaningless. Jon R+L=J, meaningless. Pay off Ghost and the dire wolves who were threaded in the story since episode 1... Give Ghost a late come back with a howl and Nimeria charging in with all the wolves of Westoros. The internet would have melted.

Dothraki crossing the narrow sea? Meaningless. Aria??! She could have killed the NK 5 ways better. At least let some of the main characters run through the whites and actually fight White Walkers. Not one single WW fight? Horrible.

The Song of Ice and Fire is a Cerci Lannister story. Boo.....

Think this sums up my feelings. The first scene of this show opens north of the wall and you're made known about the threat of death and the coming Winter. Expected something deeper I guess for that resolution. What is Fire and Ice really then?

They just defeated the biggest threat to the living, now let's go fight another human war to end it?
I don't understand what more y'all couldve possibly wanted. The army of the dead built tension for years, defeated the humans at every stop until winterfell, and finally faced off with a huge human army in a huge battle....what more did you want?
Vernada
AG
an episode that I would've wanted to watch again.
92Ag95
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Video title is incorrect. Should be:

"I already watched it so let me try to make a funny video and show you my curved TV with the green back-lighting."
213 Grove
AG
I thought it was a great episode but a few things I wish went differently:

Why did the Night King not die from fire? Explanation?
Not one battle with the White Walkers?
How did arya get by the WW?

If anything I thought Jon should've made it to the Night King and had a duel and if anything that's when Arya came out of nowhere to kill him/help Jon...

Just seemed too easy and quick for me on that last scene..
Furlock Bones
AG
BowSowy said:

Ranger222 said:

BigTimeAlum said:

Ok, I've processed. This was a disaster. I mean it was OK, but given the build, what a fricken let down. You've been building a story for years. Pay it the hell off. Kudos to the Russo's for End Game. This was bad.

The dragons.... meaningless. Jon R+L=J, meaningless. Pay off Ghost and the dire wolves who were threaded in the story since episode 1... Give Ghost a late come back with a howl and Nimeria charging in with all the wolves of Westoros. The internet would have melted.

Dothraki crossing the narrow sea? Meaningless. Aria??! She could have killed the NK 5 ways better. At least let some of the main characters run through the whites and actually fight White Walkers. Not one single WW fight? Horrible.

Think this sums up my feelings. The first scene of this show opens north of the wall and you're made known about the threat of death and the coming Winter. Expected something deeper I guess for that resolution. What is Fire and Ice really then?

They just defeated the biggest threat to the living, now let's go fight another human war to end it?
I don't understand what more y'all couldve possibly wanted. The army of the dead built tension for years, defeated the humans at every stop until winterfell, and finally faced off with a huge human army in a huge battle....what more did you want?
something deeper than typical tv/movie tropes. this was a show that originally said that almost no amount of plot armor could save a character. yet, we have Grey Worm at the tip of the phalanx seemingly just walk away. Jorah who does eventually die but no before an idiotic scene of him riding into the darkness with the dothraki only to somehow come back alive. Brienne alive. Jamie alive. Missandei alive. Starks alive. Samwell alive. Jon alive. Daenerys alive. Varys alive. Tyrion alive. Davos alive.

What exactly did the White Walkers ever do? They slowly road their horses.

NK. Yea that whole thing was just the old Vampire Monarch trope.
gigemJTH12
AG
Has anyone properly explained where Arya jumped from? She was definitely on an elevated surface.
Vernada
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Has anyone properly explained where Arya jumped from? She was definitely on an elevated surface.
you're just not supposed to ask questions like this
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The more I think about it, the more I love this episode.

First of all, the first 20 minutes or so are just fantastic. The tension and anticipation, the mystery of keeping the army of the dead in total darkness, Melisandre lighting all the Dothraki swords on fire, and then that charge. Just awesomely done all around.

Then when **** hits the fan, the director did a great job of really making you feel the chaos, the fog of war, etc. That literal wave of dead just washing over everything was scary as ****.

That dragon on dragon fight above the clouds was just breathtaking. And I love that you're barely able to make out Viserion for most of the first half.

And you really get the sense of desperation when it looks like everyone is ****ed. When the Night King raises the dead, and he starts walking up to Bran, and that awesome music kicks in - perfection.

Arya killing the NK - LOVED it. If Jon had somehow charged in there and heroically killed the NK with a flaming sword, more people would have complained that it was too predictable, guaranteed. But it being Arya was surprising, yet perfectly set up and perfectly in character, but it still shocks you.

This is one for the books. Sapochnik is a fantastic director.
TX_AG_10
AG
213 Grove said:

I originally had the same question. I think they set this part up in the library scene where she showed she wad definitely capable of sneaking around wights.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

First of all, the first 20 minutes or so are just fantastic. The tension and anticipation, the mystery of keeping the army of the dead in total darkness, Melisandre lighting all the Dothraki swords on fire, and then that charge. Just awesomely done all around.

Then when **** hits the fan, the director did a great job of really making you feel the chaos, the fog of war, etc. That literal wave of dead just washing over everything was scary as ****.

That dragon on dragon fight above the clouds was just breathtaking. And I love that you're barely able to make out Viserion for most of the first half.

And you really get the sense of desperation when it looks like everyone is ****ed. When the Night King raises the dead, and he starts walking up to Bran, and that awesome music kicks in - perfection.

Arya killing the NK - LOVED it. If Jon had somehow charged in there and heroically killed the NK with a flaming sword, more people would have complained that it was too predictable, guaranteed. But it being Arya was surprising, yet perfectly set up and perfectly in character, but it still shocks you.

Agreed. People here have been complaining about this show since it became popular. Makes sense that it wouldn't stop after the most badass episode of the series.
chipotle
BowSowy said:

Ranger222 said:

BigTimeAlum said:

My issue is I'm less excited about the next episodes. Granted I still can't wait for the following weeks but the high note is done. We're about to go from "OMFG THAT WAS AWESOME" to "wow, that was pretty cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pour one out for House Mormont. Loyal to the end.

Cromagnum
AG
I liked the build up to this fight, but then it fell flat for me . I rank this one below both Hardhome and especially the Wildlings at the Wall battles.

TyHolden
AG
Most main characters left...ghost gonna kill cercei.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a27300543/did-ghost-die-on-game-of-thrones/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If you don't like it, that's fine, but stop trying to ridicule people because they liked something you didn't.
Kate Beckett
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If you don't like it, that's fine, but stop trying to ridicule people because they liked something you didn't.
TyHolden
AG
William Wallace would have wrapped this battle up in about 30 minutes with fireballs from his arse...
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

C@LAg said:

Imagine if in the timespan of building Thanos up for ten years.

Captain Marvel just teleports behind the army and stabs him in the back and saves the day and everyone lives and smiles and happy.

Captain Marvel showed up one movie ago. Arya was in Season 1, Episode 1.

More like Iron Man.
More like Black Widow. Jon & Dany would be Cap & Iron Man no?
G Martin 87
AG
213 Grove said:

Fire doesn't affect the NK, as shown before in the Hold the Door episode.
They weren't needed to beat the humans, and didn't need to take the risk.
As someone else mentioned previously, there was a big scene where Arya snuck past dozens of undead who were looking for her in a quiet, confined place. The NK and his WWs had their attention focused on Bran, not their rear, because overconfidence.

If anything I thought Jon should've made it to the Night King and had a duel and if anything that's when Arya came out of nowhere to kill him/help Jon...That was Jon's intent, and it would have happened if the NK hadn't raised all of the dead from the battle. The NK fights by raising the dead and chucking ice spears, not by drawing his sword and running headlong into battle screaming.

Just seemed too easy and quick for me on that last scene..
Quick because it had to be, but definitely not easy. Maybe you missed the slaughter of the living for the entire episode leading up to it?
Grits
AG
Bran Stark: "You're a good man Theon".

Theon: "allright chums, let's do this, LLLEEERROOOYYYYYYYYYY JJJEEENNNKKKIIINNNSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone else: wtf is he doing?!

His survival odds were << %32.33...

Fenrir
Cromagnum said:

I liked the build up to this fight, but then it fell flat for me . I rank this one below both Hardhome and especially the Wildlings at the Wall battles.

Yeah individually it has some really good parts but the conclusion and how it all tied together as an episode really just left me disappointed.

It's not bad but the quality drop since source material ran out is clear imo.
wangus12
AG
dlance said:

DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I thought that was the Night King instructing the dead to lay on the fire
Coincidence, just happened to be the next scene...it was Brans idea to bait the NK in the first place. He warged the crows to continue that baiting. NK reached out to him...saying I see u, I'm on the way.
where do we see this?
When the crows reach the NK riding the dragon.
how do we know the NK reached out to him though? i didn't catch this.
Because the NK was sitting on Viserion looking straight into the camera, which was the crow's POV, and he reached his hand out to the camera.
He reached out his hand and the dead started laying themselves down on the fire. He wasn't reaching out for Bran.
tk for tu juan
213 Grove said:

Go back and watch The Door, Hardhome, and the battle north of the wall. The NK and WW are able to extinguish flames before they walk thru them.

After seeing Jon kill a WW in Hardhome, why risk using them when wave after wave of wights are good enough to get the job done.

Ever seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Treetop running, haha

JJxvi
AG
Is there a thread where I can whine about how awful that episode was?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Champ Bailey said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agreed. People here have been complaining about this show since it became popular. Makes sense that it wouldn't stop after the most badass episode of the series.
talk about your all time recency bias.

Nope. Stop being a dick just because you didn't like it. Looking at your past posts, you obviously have a bias against D&D, and it shows. You were never going to be happy with this episode. You can't even allow other people to enjoy it.
Nagler
AG
Bunch of people trying to prove how hip they are by not liking the episode, we get it, you couldn't done better. Move on. Your constant *****ing is getting old.
JJxvi
AG
Lets start off with something mostly meaningless... Did anyone else hate the music? I thought it was awful compared to what I remember from most other episodes. I am really not sure why we suddenly changed from string instruments to, like a piano? It seemed like they really just wanted to copy a scene from Westworld and I was trying to make out if it was like a Metallica cover.
hunter2012
AG
Some neat foreshadow,

Bran gave Arya the same knife that was used by the assassin in season 1. It has come full circle from Bran's attempted murderer to the weapon that saved Bran.
chipotle
Jaimie should probably get the flying ***k outta there. Or is he safe for some post battle beers?
Vernada
AG
Nagler said:

Bunch of people trying to prove how hip they are by not liking the episode, we get it, you couldn't done better. Move on. Your constant *****ing is getting old.
You know - it's completely possible to dislike this episode AND still think GoT is a terrific series.

Count me in that camp.

Sorry - I was disappointed in a lot of things about this episode. Like I said before, it doesn't hold a candle to some of the great episodes in this series.
Post removed:
by user
Big Al 1992
AG
Humorous Username said:

Can we all at least agree that this is proof that right after you have sex, you feel like you could take on a whole army?

Arya had quite an eventful 24 hours.
tk for tu juan
JJxvi said:

Lets start off with something mostly meaningless... Did anyone else hate the music? I thought it was awful compared to what I remember from most other episodes. I am really not sure why we suddenly changed from string instruments to, like a piano? It seemed like they really just wanted to copy a scene from Westworld and I was trying to make out if it was like a Metallica cover.
Since the composer is the same guy for GoT and Westworld, it is not a surprise that the style is similar. Just like John Williams' style is similar for every movie he has composed. The music for the beginning scene and end were good
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
All in all I thought it was a very fun watch but agree that Ariya jumping outa nowhere had no explanation, Branns scene seemed pointless (for now) or was he just being used as bait to get the Night King?, and I had to move around my TV room to figure out the scenes the lighting was so bad
TyHolden
AG
North King and cercei needed to have babies to keep this sucker going for another decade...
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.