****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,615 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who currently has the Tarlys' valyrian steel sword? DId Sam give it to anyone in Winterfell?

Hopefully he'll choose a good fighter to hand it over to before **** hits the fan. Who is in need of vs? Jaime? Gendry?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PDEMDHC said:

redline248 said:

I honestly forgot about the Tarly burning.
I'm sure Sam is going to love the fact that his kin was burned by his best friends new love interest

she did give them a choice... unlike the Mad King.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They chose...poorly.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Who currently has the Tarlys' valyrian steel sword? DId Sam give it to anyone in Winterfell?

Hopefully he'll choose a good fighter to hand it over to before **** hits the fan. Who is in need of vs? Jaime? Gendry?

Sam still has it. I did see on one of the trailer breakdown videos that I watched that it looks like Jorah has Heartsbane. I could see Sam giving it to him since they already have a relationship from back when they were at the Citadel
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good call. And from what I see, Jaime took Widow's Wail when he left King's Landing, which I had totally forgotten.

Got a damn good MVP lineup wielding valyrian steel.

Jon
Brienne
Jaime
Jorah
Arya (Dagger)
A. Solzhenitsyn
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/827552/george-rr-martin-says-lot-work-left-game-thrones-books

"I better live a long time because I have a lot of work left to do."

GRRM in no hurry. I think he's given up.

Yeah I don't think he cares anymore, and neither do I at this point. If a more passionate author comes along who can and will give it the written ending the fans deserve, all the better. I'm not interested in slogging through another Feast for Crows and Dance With Dragons again.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brandon Sanderson!

Say it with me: San-der-son! San-der-son!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any episode title predictions?

Here's mine.

1. Winter is Here
2. A Song of Ice and Fire
3. The Long Night
4. The Pack Survives
5. Valonqar
6. A Dream of Spring
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here's mine.

1. Winter is Here
3. The Long Night
4. The Pack Survives
5. Valonqar
6. A Dream of Spring
that's pretty good
Phrasing
AG
I rewatched the M**** scene in Season 5 and she doesn't mention anything about the Valanqor (just talks about her 3 children dying) - is it mentioned elsewhere in the Series? If not, that would mean the show runners could have her die (or not die) in other ways as well - correct?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here's mine.

1. Winter is Here
3. The Long Night
4. The Pack Survives
5. Valonqar
6. A Dream of Spring
1. I Said, You F**cked Your Aunt, Dude.
2. What Do You Mean There's a Hole in the Wall?
3. The Battle of Winterfell's Deep/No One Tosses a Dwarf
4. Qyburn Gets Sent Out for Peanut Butter and Pickles at the Hour of the Wolf for Queen Preggo
5. Let's Talk About the Time Bran Let the White Walkers Kill The Real Three-Eyed Raven, all the Children of the Forest and Their Awesome Fireballs of Death, and Hodor, and Nobody Even Criticized Him
6. All Hail King Bronn, son of ... you wouldn't know him
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Samwell Tarly fighting with Heartsbane is like giving Darth Maul's double-bladed lightsaber to Jar-Jar Binks.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
clinker03 said:

I rewatched the M**** scene in Season 5 and she doesn't mention anything about the Valanqor (just talks about her 3 children dying) - is it mentioned elsewhere in the Series? If not, that would mean the show runners could have her die (or not die) in other ways as well - correct?

Yes. but my theory is they would not introduce that waaay back then even if they wanted to use it. It would not be easily recalled by casual viewers. So why show it then, when you can just show another flashback later. Simply have Cersei recall a second visit to the fortune teller and show it when it is pertinent to the story.

But as the other poster suggested - you could also have it end the same way but not show the prophecy at all. Ironic fate as opposed to prophecy. Same result.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bangobango
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You make a compelling argument.

The Dany goes crazy theory reminds me of the Arya is the Waif theory. You have to really ignore basic elements of storytelling to think that's the way the writers are going to take it.
LHIOB
AG
Epiosde 7 is called Please Dont Cancel HBO
Prosperdick
AG
LHIOB said:

Cord cutting is coming.
RichardSplet
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Belton Ag
AG
LHIOB said:

I don't think it'll even be possible to measure the speed with which I cancel HBO the second the last episode is over.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My hype for just the third episode: Battle of Winterfell outweighs my Endgame hype by about 100x.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My hype for just the third episode outweighs my Endgame hype by about 100x.

What is the third episode? This from some sort of spoilers news?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It was from the EW article, but I wish they hadn't said. I'll avoid specifics and add spoiler tags.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm getting close to peacing out on this thread until the premier
Mayor West
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Samwell Tarly fighting with Heartsbane is like giving Darth Maul's double-bladed lightsaber to Jar-Jar Binks.

Or Samwell Tarly Darth Maul's double-bladed lightsaber...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If you could watch the last 10 minutes of the final episode of Season 8 right now, but couldn't watch the rest of the season until it airs, would you do it?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Stive
AG
No.
Counterpoint
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

If you could watch the last 10 minutes of the final episode of Season 8 right now, but couldn't watch the rest of the season until it airs, would you do it?
InvestorAg knows someone who would!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
investorAg83
AG
Counterpoint said:

MuckRaker96 said:

InvestorAg knows someone who would!
She'd do it 'just so it can end already'.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Urban Ag said:

aTmAg said:

Another question:

What the hell is a Azor Ahai? And the other one people mentioned?

Is that in the show? Or only the books?
Not a knock on aTmAg but this is why I don't think HBO is going to get super convoluted with the prophecy. Outside of book readers and really devoted series fans, the general viewing audience is not following it that closely. I don't think the HBO execs would sign off on ending (arguably) the greatest cable series ever with millions of people saying "WTF? I don't get it".

On the other hand:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm now solidly in the camp that Season 4 is the best of the show.

In many ways, 3 & 4 are one giant season, and it certainly feels that way. Many of the story arcs that end in 4 started in 3.

And most of the story progress happens in season 4. It's really solid from beginning to end. Hell, you get the Purple Wedding 2 episodes in.

And now, it's really clear to me that Season 5 is by far the weakest, because it's the one I'm looking forward to the least. The High Sparrow and Dorne storylines are just such a drag. Really, I just want to power through it so I can get to Hardhome, which is the high point of the season. And, at least the season closes out strong from there.
TXRunner97
AG
I have a feeling that Heartsbane will be handed to Jon(Aegon) and he'll send it through Melissandra to unsheath it from her glowing in fire and then battle the Night King to end the long night and fulfill his destiny as Azor Ahai.

But whatever happens I'm sure Heartsbane will play a vital role.
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.