****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,434 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rewatching this. Zombie Umber has the scream of nightmares.
Thisguy1
Saw a tweet that still had Littlefinger on the list of updated betting odds to sit on the iron throne. Thought it was strange, then realized there are theories that he may have faked his death??
agrams
AG
yeah, there was a scene of him in winterfell when arya was spying on him and he was talking to some girl and they exchanged what kind of looked like an iron coin of the faceless men...
CoachRTM
AG
CoachRTM
AG
Spoiler tag fail
Liquid Wrench
Champ Bailey said:

Rewatching this. Zombie Umber has the scream of nightmares.
It was nice of the white walkers to nail him to the wall so he couldn't hurt anyone.
CFTXAG10
AG
Rewatching and it looks like Gendry was tipping arrows with dragon glass right before Arya shows up to see him
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bedofbrass33
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Rewatching and it looks like Gendry was tipping arrows with dragon glass right before Arya shows up to see him

Gendry has a whole operation going of melting down the obsidian chunks they brought north and casting them into weapons. There's also a whole bit where he and the Hound talk about how hard it was to cast an axe head as big as the Hound wanted and that the obsidian is tricky to work with.
Lex
StringerBell said:

wife brought up the point that now we've seen two targaryens ride dragons in dany and jon and wondered whether the knight king riding one meant he was targaryen all along

I dont think so. When they turn they are basically zombies under Night King's control. I watch and read an unholy amount of fan theories. This seem to be something all ultra nerds believe. NK controls all his turned blue eyed minions.
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea that's the scene. I didn't catch the arrow tips the first go round. Can't wait to see these weapons in action!
Dad
AG
I was thinking about this battle with the army of the dead and was wondering if they are going to set a trap where they draw them into a fight with a portion of their army and then just burn them all.

I can't remember if it was GoT or another show/movie but I've seen it before where in a battle they engage the enemy with swords and spears and then launch arrows into the guys fighting including their own guys to get an advantage in the battle.

Would Dany burn part of her own army if it gave her a better shot at winning?
CFTXAG10
AG
Bolton definitely did that in the battle of the *******s
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Awesome.....

Lady Mormont SMILING - wow. Brienne too.
but Grey Worm still sullen - lmao.

and something I've noticed but ummmmm.......

Khal Drogo keeps popping up in things during the cast get togethers - could be nothing but - I get the feeling he filmed some more scenes. Could be afterlife scenes reuniting with Dany???? I mean if you believe the prophecy at all about when she would see him again - in death would be one way or in spirit. Also it isn't just that he is there - he still looks like Drogo in character.

I mean they have repeatedly said he is just there for the cast parties and because they are his friends - ok it could beI suppose. I'm just suspicious.

And Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon actors have been spotted at a few of the parties too - so who knows.

Also there is a rather dumb theory that his spirit went into his dragon namesake Drogon - the one staring down Dany and Jon. Funny but I think that's a reach.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

CapCityAg89 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

So is John Snow actually a cousin of Daenerys?

She's his aunt.

His father is her brother - Rhaegar.

Daenerys was MUCH younger than her brother Rhaegar. In fact he was actually dead before she was born.

So Jon/Aegon and Dany are very close in age - using show years he is slightly older.

Her brother Rhaega died at the age of 22 something in the battle of the Trident in 281 during part of Roberts Rebellion.

Lyanna gave birth to Jon/Aegon shortly after that at the Tower of Joy either late 281 or early 282.

And Rhaegar's mother Rhaella gave birth to Dany in 282 - her mother died in childbirth and she as a baby and her older brother Viserys (age 6) went into exile escaping from Dragonstone to Essos.

Robert and House Lannister murdered Rhaegar's wife Ellia Martell and their two children Rhaenys and Aegon when they sacked King's Landing. So it was assumed they would kill the Targ children too - that is why they fled.

Confused now. I read an article that showed a family tree showing Elia Martell as the mother of Aegon. Rhaegar had two wives - Lyanna and Elia.

Who is the real blood mother?

Oy....yes it is confusing.

Rhaegar FIRST married Elia Martell - she is the mother of Aegon and Rhaenys - all three of them (Elia, Aegon and Rhaenys) were killed by the Lannisters in the sack of Kings Landing.

But before that:
Recently discovered by Sam at the Citadel - Rhaegar had that marriage annulled.
And Jon saw in a vision that Rhaegar then married Lyanna Stark - who he had been accused of kidnapping.

Rhaegar died but Lyanna was pregnant already and gave birth to the guy we know as Jon - but she named him Aegon also. So Jon/Aegon has the same name as his half brother who is dead Aegon.

There is additional back-story. Rhaegar supposedly thought there was a connection between the name "Aegon" and the Prince that was Promised (Azor Ahai), so the son born of Elia Martell was also Aegon. Now, I'm not sure about the timing (whether the Mountain had killed Elia's babies yet), but that connection is the reason for two Aegon's. Doubling down on the name.

Yes I know....I just wasn't going into the AA prophecy again. I get chastised every time I bring it up.

And yes they were dead already. Killed in the the sacking of KL. It went like this:
  • Rhaegar dies at the Trident
  • Mad King Aerys sends pregnant Rhaella and son Viserys to Dragonstone for safety
  • sack of KL - Mad King and Elia and her children of Rhaegar killed including Aegon
  • in quick succession - Robb born to Catelyn, Aegon/Jon to Lyanna who dies, and Dany to Rhaella who also dies - the order of these is debatable but all happened around the same time within months anyway and the show and the books differ on order.
  • and then Viserys and Dany are exiled to Essos under protection

But the AA theory does appear to be pertinent to his given name - and that's from GRRM who told them that was his name - and MAY relate to the third attempt to create Lightbringer (my personal fave theory).

It's pertinent to this topic so I say talk about prophecies if you want to talk about them. It's not anybody else's place to shout you down on it. It's not like you are talking about Star Wars in a GoT thread.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
agrams said:

yeah, there was a scene of him in winterfell when arya was spying on him and he was talking to some girl and they exchanged what kind of looked like an iron coin of the faceless men...

skeptical at best.

what would be the point - does he have some role to play? where would he get an army? how would Bran not be aware?

the best i could come up with is - he knew his time was up in the north, set up a faceless man as a stand in, and got the hell out of dodge, then switches sides and shows up in KL, maybe tricks her and/or Euron into giving him the golden company......then tries to attack WF after the battle with the dead.

still no idea where it would go from there. and nothing that could not happen without him.

highly skeptical.

although i would love that twist actually. given the choice between him ending up on the throne and Sansa I'll take LF all day - not that he is a good person, but more interesting and a lot less whiny. but he's way down the list - and presumed dead so.....
wangus12
AG

aTmAg
AG
agrams said:

Don't the faces need to come from dead people? Isn't it actually their faces? If so how would Littlefinger fake his death? If somebody else was wearing his face then:

A) then that means he would have to be dead to have his face worn
B) Wouldn't the guy take the face off so say, "hey look.. it's not really littlefinger, it's me" rather than let himself get his throat cut?

agrams
AG
skeptical? Yeah I agree, but that is one of the main legs on the theory of him not being dead. I think they have enough story to wrap up without bringing him back, but I dont rule it out completely.

Also, when Bran is in the courtyard and tells Sam he is 'waiting for an old friend', I think that is in reference to Jaime Lannister. It is the exact same spot he is sitting in when Jaime shows up in the final scene.

I wonder what role Bran is expecting Jaime to play, because I am betting it is not insignificant.
agrams
AG
If you really want to go truly conspiracy theory, if littlefinger can change his face, how long could someone else be playing as him to sew chaos?

I don't put much weight in it, but could see it happening.
Liquid Wrench
aggie-master said:

I was thinking about this battle with the army of the dead and was wondering if they are going to set a trap where they draw them into a fight with a portion of their army and then just burn them all.

I can't remember if it was GoT or another show/movie but I've seen it before where in a battle they engage the enemy with swords and spears and then launch arrows into the guys fighting including their own guys to get an advantage in the battle.

Would Dany burn part of her own army if it gave her a better shot at winning?
I'm not sure if any of the good guys are clever enough to do that. Dany is probably the closest to being cold enough to do it, but then again she also "liberated" the unsullied and the Dothraki.

I wonder how much they'll make snow a factor in the battle. It's got to be thick and hard to move in at this point.

Tangential thought - Does Cersei have any more Wildfire to defend King's Landing with? Or has Maester Qyburn figured out how to make it?
redline248
AG
Fans come up with some really stupid theories. Littlefinger being alive is extra dumb.
Lex
They SAY they have to be dead. BUT when Arya was ripping faces off Jaqen Hagar one was hers, and she isnt dead. So I dont think it's only dead people. I think it's just frowned upon to do it with living people.
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Grey Worm with his "I'm just here so I don't get fined" face on
redline248
AG
No Missandie
PatAg
AG
Braveheart
Agnzona
BenFiasco14 said:

Only thing I didn't really understand was the Bronn scene. So he's being sent to kill Jaime and Tyrion by Cersei?

When Euron asked how can I prove it to you I thought she was going to make him the hitman, but Bronn makes no sense.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Urban Ag
AG
That's not Khal Drogo. That's some other Dothraki higher up. He was standing with Tyrion when they were watching Dany and the Dothraki wreck shop on the Lannister army last season.
PatAg
AG
Agnzona said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Only thing I didn't really understand was the Bronn scene. So he's being sent to kill Jaime and Tyrion by Cersei?

When Euron asked how can I prove it to you I thought she was going to make him the hitman, but Bronn makes no sense.
Other than she knows he can be bought with money, and is an efficient killer?
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I would frame this and put in my man cave or hunting lodge somewhere. Great stuff. The kind of awesome group photos that all over Planet Hollywood in Vegas.
double aught
AG
Lol at a Dothraki redshirt making the cut, but Tyrion and Bran...not so much.
Liquid Wrench
I think Bran's behind the big woman.
Sex Panther
AG
Bran is taking the picture
CapCityAg89
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Best part is Tormund's face with Brienne in his lap!
Silvertaps
AG
Tyrian is in front of the "big woman".
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.