****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,203 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think anyone thought it was the equivalent of a 10 episodes season. Just something close to 7 or 8 episodes in average length compared to season 1-6.

And it is at least 1+ more episodes based on average episode length. Most seasons averaged 54-56 minutes per episode. This one is averaging 68.3 minutes per episode. that's about 13.3 x 6 = 80 minutes longer than the usual 6 episodes or about 1.5+ more episodes.

redline248
AG
dlance said:

Urban Ag said:

Dany sat in Khal Drogo's funeral pyre until it was nothing more than ash and a few smoldering logs. Outside of her clothes burning she was unharmed. S1 E10.

In S6, don't recall which episode (close to the end of the reason) she walked out of a building that burned to death everyone else inside. Again, clothes were burned but she was completely ok.

Targaryen's are not fire proof. Dany is something different. Something super-natural. Getting in a scalding bath tub is irrelevant compared to the fires she was been and walked away from unharmed.

Dany has to be Azor Ahai. If not, it's the biggest head nod GRRM built in to this series. Which could be the case but I doubt it. I think it is so obvious, like R + L = J, that we tend to doubt it to be the case. Regardless, no one can deny she is something more than mortal. And.....she's gone by the name "the Unburned" since book 2, season 2, for a reason. IMO of course.

It is just so weird that GRRM has always maintained that there is nothing special in that regard about Dany. That surviving the fires unhurt was a fluke. Head scratcher for sure.

I think the date he said that should be checked against the release of ADWD. I think he said it before that book, in which he had her walk up to Drogon, who was burning everything, and she was fine. I don't remember any other instances in the books, though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
G Martin 87
AG
C@LAg said:

No he has said it much more recently. In fact he specifically said it was a one time thing when the dragon's hatched.

D&D are the ones that made it a thing/
I also said Syrio couldn't have beaten Ser Meryn. Nobody listens...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
C@LAg said:

No he has said it much more recently. In fact he specifically said it was a one time thing when the dragon's hatched.

D&D are the ones that made it a thing/

I know that in the books it happens twice. She gets her hair burned off too in the books, as compared to it being fine in the show. Not that I'm complaining about that, bald Dany would be weird.
BowSowy
AG
Fenrir said:

I hope this doesn't end up feeling rushed. They're obviously trying to cram a lot of events into those last 3 episodes.

Also I recall some people trying to use longer run times to comfort themselves against the smaller episode count...the total runtime of this season would be if earlier 10 episode seasons had 41 minute episode runtimes.

I loved Season 7 but it definitely felt rushed to me. I think S8 will feel the same
wangus12
AG
I'm almost positive its only happened once in the books. The tv show has shown 2 occasions, but the books have not
Urban Ag
AG
Yeah, racking my brain on that. In the books I can't recall her ever being actually burned with fire outside of when the dragons were hatched in Drogo's funeral pyre.

The last time we say Dany in the books was when dumb ass Drogon stranded her in the Dothraki Sea while he was out screwing around and she was in the process on being captured by some Khal. And it's likely that is the last time we see her in print. Sigh.

Chalupa Batman
AG
The second time is in Meereen when Drogon flies into the fighting pit
Bregxit
AG
aTmAg
AG
Dany isn't the only one to have supernatural things happen to her. Melisandre shot a shadow assassin out of her crotch. Beric Dondarrion, and John Snow rose from the dead (with the help of Melisandre). The whole faceless thing too. I'm assuming that since so many people have magic abilities, that it doesn't guarantee them as the savior or anything.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reunions to look forward to.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
With everything going on, I totally forgot about Sansa and Tyrion. It'll be interesting to see how they feel about each other now.
redline248
AG
Pod and the wh*res
AtlAg05
AG
They forgot a line between shae/tywin/tyrael.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll probably cry at the Jon/Arya reunion. Straight up.
Sex Panther
AG
So I'm going to be in Iceland when the series finale airs. Which is really cool since they've filmed quite a bit of the show there. We'll probably go see some of the filming locations in the days leading up.

My friends and I are planning on finding a watch party in Reykjavik for the finale. Think it will be a pretty awesome way to experience it.

/CoolStoryCrow
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's pretty sweet. If there's a GoT following in Iceland, I imagine that'll be the place to be that night.

You going to the Big Lebowski bar?
Liquid Wrench
Coincidence or GoT-themed trip?

I'll planning to watch on my couch with various crumbs and beverages on my t-shirt.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Pod and the wh*res
Great name for a UK rock band
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tyrion will ride Ghost into battle.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's pretty sweet. If there's a GoT following in Iceland, I imagine that'll be the place to be that night.

We're assuming there will be a pretty big one there, so hopefully its an awesome experience.

Quote:

I'm glad you mentioned this. Had no idea... def going now.
Sex Panther
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Coincidence or GoT-themed trip?

Just a coincidence. Pretty excited about it.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Here you go:

Jock Clan Iceland Adventure

Dimmuborgir lava fields was Mance Raider's camp
Thingvellir National Park was Road to the Eyrie
Vatnajkull Glacier was Beyond the Wall.
Urban Ag
AG
Sex Panther said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

We're assuming there will be a pretty big one there, so hopefully its an awesome experience.

Quote:

I'm glad you mentioned this. Had no idea... def going now.
A buddy of mine took his family to Iceland last fall and they absolutely loved it. Very hospitable, lots to do, lots of history, and the prices were apparently really good. Should be an awesome trip, have fun.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Great talk by Maisie.
wangus12
AG
I'll post pics from when we went last fall. Lot of GoT scenery
Urban Ag
AG
Thought about this when putting together my submission for Muck's contest. My consideration for who lives and who dies is based purely on what purpose I think their death would serve if concluding the story and closing character arcs:

High Likelihood of Death
Night's King
Undead Viserion
Dany
Grey Worm
Ser Jorah
Melisandre'
Cersei
Jamie
Qyburn
Ser Gregor
Euron Greyjoy
Theon Greyjoy
Beric Dondarrion

Coin Flip
Jon Snow
Bran Stark
Varys
Rhaegal
Tyrion
Bronn
The Hound
Dolorous Edd

Low Chance of Death
Arya
Sansa
Davos
Lyana Mormont
Brienne
Pod the Tripod
Gendry
Sam
Gilly
Missandei
Yara/Asha Greyjoy
Tormund
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.