****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,269 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, seriously **** off.

You've been dropping spoilers the whole time and it was ****ing bull*****
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
annie88 said:

JJxvi said:

I still cant really believe that in a show filled with some of the worst **********s, they made one of their 8 season long protagonists into Hitler. I understand the turn, but did it need that kind of oomph?
She was always vengeful. Tyrion was spot on in his assessment. Violent means to an end. They didn't change Dany at all. Many tyrannical persons can be good in some ways too. It's weird, but true.

Many missed it or can't understand it.

Very interesting that Tyrion listed off many of the points made here about times when she showed her true nature.

Did he see it up front? No. Because he wanted to believe. But he realized after it was there all along.

annie88
AG
JCRiley09 said:

The Robin Arryn actor had to be so happy that he got more screen time as a matured young man and not whatever he was last time we saw him.
A freaky kid? Yeah, I'd agree.
reb,
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Alright. Time for Barry so this evening can end on a high note.
my plan was to go see John Wick 3 if this sh*t the bed so looks like thats what ill be doing
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good Aggie Hunting, more like Bad Aggie Posting
Old Tom Morris
I think if Annie keeps posting, someone is going to eat all of the chickens at her house.
annie88
AG
PatAg said:

annie88 said:

Bodhi said:

worst ending of any show ever
Maybe hide the knives and rope on your house. Can't be too sure.
You're being a real nasty piece of work tonight arent you?
Just giving them back what they're spewing out there, so no.
aggierogue
AG
So Jon goes from *******, to rightful heir to the throne, to back to a prison sentence?

Good grief, that was bad.
dmart90
AG
Thought it was a decent ending. Not great and not terrible. Was a much happier ending than I expected.
annie88
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

I think if Annie keeps posting, someone is going to eat all of the chickens at her house.
If so, go the Dracarys route. Well done and extra crispy.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Where are all of the "if you think this has a happy ending, you're wrong" idiots from last week. This was a happy ending. And it was a freaking awful way to do it.
PatAg
AG
annie88 said:

PatAg said:

annie88 said:

Bodhi said:

They are talking about how they are dissatisfied with the show, and you are attacking them. If that makes you feel good about yourself, have fun. Don't lie to yourself about what you are doing.
redline248
AG
My wife asked me when it was over "so, who won the game?" I told her Sansa. Got independence for her homeland and named queen in the process. Bronn came out pretty sweet on the deal, too.

I do find it funny that the were all worried about how the Unsullied felt about Jon, but not the Dothraki. Those f-ckers would be riding around pillaging everything without Dany.

I will say I hate what they did to Daenerys this season, but there was no other way for her end up after last week. Pisses me off, but not as much as what they did to Jon. As Ozzyman said in one of his reviews, Jon was a passenger all season long, and then he gets sent off to the north. no f-cking justice.
Teddy Perkins
AG
This thread....

JJxvi
AG
annie88 said:

JJxvi said:

HI still cant really believe that in a show filled with some of the worst **********s, they made one of their 8 season long protagonists into Hitler. I understand the turn, but did it need that kind of oomph?
She was always vengeful. Tyrion was spot on in his assessment. Violent means to an end. They didn't change Dany at all. Many tyrannical persons can be good in some ways too. It's weird, but true.

Many missed it or can't understand it.
So you think the writers were going for a "but Nazis did good things too like Dany" comparison. Doubtful.

I understand her heel turn, and what she became and the reasons why. But the show went out of their way in this episode to ascribe Nazi imagery to her down to the banners, being at the top of the steps, the foreign language, the words she was saying about basically literally conquering the world for its own good, the images they showed of her troops etc. they filmed a Nazi rally and did it intentionally. It was "Dany Targaryen=Hitler"

Edit: I'm not talking what happens within the show, I'm saying that's a pretty ****ty way for them to treat their character. We watched the show, she wasn't Hitler. So why do that?
gigemJTH12
AG
WHY WAS IT SNOWING IN KINGS LANDING

I swear I'm gonna lose sleep over that ****
Old Tom Morris
Jon's where he chose to be in the beginning. I have zero issue with how they handled that. I actually thought it was one of the best aspects of the end.
Btron
AG
Did anyone else think the exchange with Tyrion and Jon in the cell seem weird?
Paraphrasing:
Jon: Did we do the right thing?
Tyrion: Ask me in ten years

Why say ten years? I don't recall them ever really quantifying time in this show/world.

Was this the writing speaking to the audience. Did we do the right thing? Maybe in ten years this show will be loved and well received?
I don't know seemed out of place but so has everything the last two seasons.
Broba Fett
Federale01
AG
aggierogue said:

So Jon goes from *******, to rightful heir to the throne, to back to a prison sentence?

Good grief, that was bad.
He's free north of the Wall. So that's pretty cool.
tk for tu juan
tk for tu juan said:

How can we get Edmure Tully on the throne?
Damn, almost called it on May 1st. So close Edmure, so close. Sit down loser
redline248
AG
my favorite scene in the entire episode was Drogon waking up out of the snow.
Old Tom Morris
redline248 said:

I almost posted this earlier. yeah, that looked pretty friggin cool. Then the sniff of Jon and lets him pass.
Muy
AG
Okay, dumb fan question. The Night's Watch is stationed at the Wall, but they journeyed North where the Walkers and Wildlings came from, right? If so, seemed to me that Jon wasn't going to join the NW as commanded, but was leading everyone to start a new kingdom.

Series geeks can now destroy me for being clueless.
annie88
AG
PatAg said:

annie88 said:

PatAg said:

annie88 said:

Bodhi said:

They are talking about how they are dissatisfied with the show, and you are attacking them. If that makes you feel good about yourself, have fun. Don't lie to yourself about what you are doing.
They're attacking those who don't agree with them. Don't lie to yourself about what you're defending.
Humorous Username
AG
Bronn being on the show was just a "current day" version of how everyone else's houses started. By being in the right place, at the right time (which was when the entire continent was in upheaval). Hell, he talked about it a couple of episodes ago.

You couldn't have this much strife, and NOT see a new house get formed.
TyHolden
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

redline248 said:

I almost posted this earlier. yeah, that looked pretty friggin cool. Then the sniff of Jon and lets him pass.
i thought Jon was gonna get up on him
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm pretty sure Drogon would have completed roasted Jon at that point... I mean I would have been pissed if Jon got roasted, but why on earth did Drogon NOT kill him?
JCRiley09
AG
We're calling this snow and not an outrageous amount of ash from the city burning?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Btron said:

Did anyone else think the exchange with Tyrion and Jon in the cell seem weird?
Paraphrasing:
Jon: Did we do the right thing?
Tyrion: Ask me in ten years

Why say ten years? I don't recall them ever really quantifying time in this show/world.

Was this the writing speaking to the audience. Did we do the right thing? Maybe in ten years this show will be loved and well received?
I don't know seemed out of place but so has everything the last two seasons.

Just another way of saying to wait and see how things turn out.
canadiaggie
AG
Muy said:

Okay, dumb fan question. The Night's Watch is stationed at the Wall, but they journeyed North where the Walkers and Wildlings came from, right? If so, seemed to me that Jon wasn't going to join the NW as commanded, but was leading everyone to start a new kingdom.

Series geeks can now destroy me for being clueless.
The ending is ambiguous but I interpret this to be Jon becoming KBtW
annie88
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

redline248 said:

It was cool. I liked when he enveloped Dany a few weeks ago when Jorah died too. Fantastic CGI.
gigemJTH12
AG
Also...Unsullied soldiers hitting their sticks on the ground in unison will never not be badass.

Madmarttigan
AG
It started as ash and then suddenly it was pure white snow....
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Well... The Pack Survived!
First Page Last Page
Page 390 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.