****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,079 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
TXRunner97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I sent my response
I appreciate your effort putting it together.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
IN
CapCityAg89
AG
IN! Looks cool. Might be more than 2 functioning dragons though. The moon might crack again and spill out another several thousand!
Counterpoint
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

IN! Looks cool. Might be more than 2 functioning dragons though. The moon might crack again and spill out another several thousand!
Yeah, should add another answer choice for that question. Love this though!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I forgot to mention I'll send you a confirmation email when I've got your picks uploaded so you don't have to twist in the breeze, but it might be a few days, so don't panic!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to buy into Jon and Dany together. I didn't feel much chemistry. It still feels forced and kind of fanfiction-y, to be honest.
Malcolm52
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to buy into Jon and Dany together. I didn't feel much chemistry. It still feels forced and kind of fanfiction-y, to be honest.

Agreed 100%. But honestly I felt that about a lot of things in season 7. Once we got completely past the source material we were essentially living in a "fan-fiction" world right?

- Jaimie dragon charge and aqua survival
- magnificent 7 journey into the frozen tundra
- kings landing wight party
- gendry ultra marathon
- night king ice javelin
- Jon and dany rushed romance (so I guess it's time to bang? Ok cool let's bang"

Just seemed like the whole season's pacing was off and characters were unsure of their motivations. The story had boxes that needed to be checked and so they were checked
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ser Jorah agrees.
TheDraw
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Me either, but then again wouldn't you ride a dragon if you had a chance to?
Prosperdick
AG
Malcolm52 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agreed 100%. But honestly I felt that about a lot of things in season 7. Once we got completely past the source material we were essentially living in a "fan-fiction" world right?

- Jaimie dragon charge and aqua survival
- magnificent 7 journey into the frozen tundra
- kings landing wight party
- gendry ultra marathon
- night king ice javelin
- Jon and dany rushed romance (so I guess it's time to bang? Ok cool let's bang"

Just seemed like the whole season's pacing was off and characters were unsure of their motivations. The story had boxes that needed to be checked and so they were checked

Think about earlier seasons where it would take two full seasons to cover a single novel and GRRM's books keep getting longer yet they're reducing the number of episodes and not devoting multiple seasons to each book. There's no way it wouldn't feel rushed.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Phrasing
AG
Wow! so amped for this. so it looks like Jamie is either officially switching sides or going undercover?
IrishTxAggie
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Teddy Perkins
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This thing is gonna break every cable viewership record ever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kate Beckett
AG
I just yelled GAME OF THRONES TRAILER IS OUT! at work. Now everyone is watching.

My body is ready. Thank god that it premieres after my test.
OnlyForNow
AG
How so?
MSFC Aggie
AG
Urban Ag
AG
clinker03 said:

Wow! so amped for this. so it looks like Jamie is either officially switching sides or going undercover?
It's not that he has switched sides. It's that he is fulfilling his arc of regaining his honor. If need be, Jamie will die side by side with the Starks and Targaryeans, to fight for the living.

Soak it up because character development whether in print or on the screen doesn't get any better than this.
Olsen
AG
The Battle of Winterfell was inspired by The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' Battle of Helm's Deep. Took over 11 weeks of filming and one of the cast members fainted during the process.

Quote:

When preparing for the shoot, [episode director Miguel] Sapochnik tried to find a longer battle sequence in cinema history and couldn't. The closest was the nearly 40-minute Helm's Deep siege in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Quote:

[Sapochnik] studied [the Helm's Deep siege] to determine when the audience would get "battle fatigue" from too much hacking and slashing. "It feels like the only way to really approach it properly is take every sequence and ask yourself: 'Why would I care to keep watching?'" says the British director between takes. "One thing I found is the less action the less fighting you can have in a sequence, the better."

CoachRTM
AG
Picks sent in. I went on first instinct, which means I'll probably finish last.
Fenrir
I just started playing that video in time for a discussion about a time traveling fetus...the ****?
Post removed:
by user
Phrasing
AG
From his quote about fighting for the living. UrbanAg explanation above says it better than I can - I'm fully in this camp.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag said:

clinker03 said:

It's not that he has switched sides. It's that he is fulfilling his arc of regaining his honor. If need be, Jamie will die side by side with the Starks and Targaryeans, to fight for the living.

Soak it up because character development whether in print or on the screen doesn't get any better than this.
Word. I am all in on Jaime.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The fact that they're using Helm's Deep as the basis gets me BEYOND hyped for this.
wangus12
AG
Oh this is going to be ****ing incredible
wangus12
AG
Phrasing
AG
Any leaks on run times for the episodes? Hoping they are all at least 1.5 hours each
Phrasing
AG
This picture is incredible. Last two Targaryans and last two (not undead) dragons all meeting. Is that correct or is there another Targ out there I don't know about?
canadiaggie
AG
clinker03 said:

Any leaks on run times for the episodes? Hoping they are all at least 1.5 hours each
I believe I read somewhere that the first two are 1hr long and then the ones after are 1.5hr-ish
canadiaggie
AG
clinker03 said:

This picture is incredible. Last two Targaryans and last two (not undead) dragons all meeting. Is that correct or is there another Targ out there I don't know about?
The one Jon put in Daenerys at the end of Season 7
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.