****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,678 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the spoiler tags, but can we just avoid posting spoiler details in this thread?
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thanks for the spoiler tags, but can we just avoid posting spoiler details in this thread?

Agreed. We only have 8 days left. If we wanted to know we would have looked already.
bearamedic99
AG
99 minutes until this show lets me down again
agsquirrel97
AG
Time to start episode 4 rewatch if u want to be on time for episode 5
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
bearamedic99 said:

99 minutes until this show lets me down again

Is this the GOT equivalent of BAS?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madmarttigan
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

No one needs to watch that again
The Dog Lord
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Speaking of, I liked the slower rendition of the episode 3 music with the strings they used in the funeral pyre scene to start episode 4.
CoachRTM
AG
I actually really enjoyed episode 4 (while realizing it had some faults)

Looking forward to episode 5 tonight
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I am re-reading the entire thing. More enjoyable actually after watching the HBO series. A lot of foreshadowing that you don't pick up on without watching. Even though some outcomes differ. I've seen GRRM interviews when he stresses foreshadowing in his novels.
Humorous Username
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Then why did TA create the spoiler tag?

As much as you want to be, you aren't the thread/board police.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Humorous Username said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Each thread in the Ent. board though typically has it's own rules determined by the group. We had different rules back in S1-4 especially concerning bok vs non book threads and rules.

We've tried very hard to keep spoilers off here... because you never know when someone might post it with spoiler tags and someone else might reply without spoiler tags and the reply gives away info - just for example.

In general - to me- spoiler tags are meant to hide spoiler info for a while particularly right after a movies release because not everyone can see it the day it releases. Endgame for example had both spoiler and non spoiler threads for this reason and then used spoiler tags on the non spoiler thread for a few days after release anyway.

On a show like this spoiler tags don't make much sense - and we should just not ever really need to use them since the only way to have spoilers are by leaks. And leaks are beyond just spoilers because the material has not even been released yet.

imho.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Humorous Username said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

There's a big difference between spoilers for released movies/shows, and leaks for stuff nobody has seen yet.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
So is the union of Lyanna Stark and Rhaeger Targaeryan producing Jon Snow a plot created by HBO writers? In the GRRM books it is stated he raped her numerous times but no mention of a baby I think.
jenn96
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

So is the union of Lyanna Stark and Rhaeger Targaeryan producing Jon Snow a plot created by HBO writers? In the GRRM books it is stated he raped her numerous times but no mention of a baby I think.

It's in the books. Not confirmed yet but completely supported by the text.
P.C. Principal
tv1113 said:

Why is it despite the writing of the last 2 episodes I'm still hyped for tonight
Because you, like many others, are deeply invested in this show after years of watching.

Here's to hoping tonight's episode blows the previous 4 out of the water.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

It's stated he raped her by numerous 3rd parties repeating the accepted lie perpetrated by the Lannisters and Baratheons.

she disappeared in reality but based on what Rhaegar did at the Harrenhall tournament - where he gave the crown of roses he won to her and not to his wife Ellia Martell - people then assumed he kidnapped and raped her. I think the story was just a cover story to make the perpetrator seem worse and rally people behind the rebellion effort of Robert.

But nobody certainly ever witnessed any abduction or rape. The story was made up.

The book though includes many many things that allude to the fact the Jon Snow is not a ******* and is likely the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna although the books had not revealed that truth yet. Just like the Tv show though there were many seeds of that planted in the books - hints if you will based on Ned's behavior, the timing of things, and other peoples suspicions for example.
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure the reason GRRM gave the series to D&D in the first place is because they figured out the R+L=J theory as well and there is no way that it isn't true
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

Pretty sure the reason GRRM gave the series to D&D in the first place is because they figured out the R+L=J theory as well and there is no way that it isn't true

correct. that's been stated by D&D and GRRM.
The Dog Lord
AG
Plus how several members of the Kingsguard were at the Tower of Joy. Don't think Rhaegar would care that much about some rando he was raping.
Old Tom Morris
In the words of Mills Lane, let's get it on!
wangus12
AG
Oh poor Varys
EFE
AG
Anyone else having trouble casting?
JABQ04
AG
Here we go!!
Dro07
wangus12
AG
They really are gonna go all the way with her going crazy
Dro07
AG
Dammit they are gonna poop the bed aren't they...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Just starting, durn wife dragging her feet on Mother's Day...
JABQ04
JJxvi
AG
I guess Varys just didnt feel like playing the game no more.

The idea that he either bumbled around or just risked it all for a convo with Jon Snow as his final play is an insult to the character.
Dro07
AG
The two that started the game have now left the game.
wangus12
AG
dromo07 said:

The two that started the game have now left the game.
wangus12
AG
Jon doesn't do incest.

He's a right proper lad
JABQ04
AG
I'm still confused by her "Army". No way she has more than a couple thousand tops.
Seabreeze
The spoilers are on point. So stay away from the internet if your still dedicated to the series.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Seabreeze said:

The spoilers are on point. So stay away from the internet if your still dedicated to the series.
Yes
First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.