****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,647 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
SlimM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why did they have to elaborately smuggle the poison in to the Purple Wedding? It's not like they had high tech scanners or drug dogs in Westeros!
Phrasing
AG
I think that is because they wanted to deflect blame to Sansa and Tyrion and away from themselves?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh, well that's annoying. The only thing more annoying than posting straight up spoilers, is disguising them as "Theories".

Thanks for the heads up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And yeah, I really hope they give Tyrion a meaningful ending. Doing my rewatch now, and it's even more apparent how much of a backseat he's taken in Season 7. He was such a focal point of the series for so long, and then just became a side character.
wangus12
AG
With it all said, I hope it isn't true.
Olsen
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BuOs2ysl4Mr
https://instagr.am/p/BuPOPqBh7XX
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So how are they different?

Maybe they're poisoned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This is good *****
Al Bula
AG
On Friday we can say, "Game of Thrones starts next month."
OnlyForNow
AG
Cool.

I could see Jon becoming the new Night King, in the same vein that the other Stark was the Night King at the Nightfort.

He was raised from the dead, so he can't live a normal life, imo.

He'll choose duty over love and banging his aunt.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Cool.

I could see Jon becoming the new Night King, in the same vein that the other Stark was the Night King at the Nightfort.

Spoiler tag only because I'm replying to this post. I don't actually know anything.

(edit) watch the video(end edit)Isn't technically a Targaryen right? But you make a good point. I could see a bitter sweet ending involving Dany and Jon having to separate and Jon becoming the night king in an act to either die and destroy the white walkers forever or to live and hold them at bay would make sense. If he stays alive as night king, it would also open up some future adventure at unknown date where he uses the white walkers to defeat some other threat to Westeros
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Could explain his being raised up after death - he was so close to the wall then and perhaps some sort of powers in the north combined with his blood/lineage is what happened there.

And fits with the bittersweet sort of ending GRRM has talked about.

If jon has to sacrifice himself he will. No doubt. Especially if he is able to do something that ends the eternal battle with the WW, that allows peace to return to the North, and the Starks to remain in power there. He would value all of that over being some King of Westeros for example.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

OnlyForNow said:

Cool.

Spoiler tag only because I'm replying to this post. I don't actually know anything.

(edit) watch the video(end edit)Isn't technically a Targaryen right? But you make a good point. I could see a bitter sweet ending involving Dany and Jon having to separate and Jon becoming the night king in an act to either die and destroy the white walkers forever or to live and hold them at bay would make sense. If he stays alive as night king, it would also open up some future adventure at unknown date where he uses the white walkers to defeat some other threat to Westeros

you mean Jon??? you had no name there so i'm assuming....

yes he is Targaryen - son of a pureblood Targ - Rhaegar. In fact I believe in all of Westeros history he is the only such Targ/Stark born. There were some previous Starks that were supposed to marry into the Targs at certain points for political reasons - but none of them ever happened because somebody died or some wr changed events such that those never took place. The Starks have very detailed family trees. and the Targs only came over from Essos/Valyria 300ish years ago anyway so it's not that long of a history where they even had opportunity (the AC and BC in their dates is based on the Targ Conquest).

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If that ends up being the explanation as to how Jon came back to life, and then survived falling in the frozen lake, I could accept that easier than I could if it was just plot armor. (More so for the latter case.)

I do think either Jon or Bran will end up playing a major role in brokering peace with the White Walkers, or in their eventual destruction. Whether it be through sacrifice or becoming the new NK.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
You assume correctly. Sorry
CapCityAg89
AG
Great stuff here.

One thing I'm looking forward to in season 8 is story line wraps that may provide a hint about the book arcs that are close but simplified in the series.
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm also now thinking that Bran ends up killing Creci somehow.

I think he is refereed to by all of his brothers as "little brother"
bearamedic99
AG
OnlyForNow said:

I'm also now thinking that Bran ends up killing Creci somehow.

I think he is refereed to by all of his brothers as "little brother"

ooo, maybe he wargs into zombie Mountain and uses that meat to tear cersei into two pieces similar to bone tomahawk
jabberwalkie09
AG
Thanks for recalling that scene to my memory.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not bad.
MSFC Aggie
AG
"...choose between banging his aunt, or becoming a popsicle king...."

laugh/cry face
canadiaggie
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

"...choose between banging his aunt, or becoming a popsicle king...."

laugh/cry face
I nearly spit out my drink
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow! Another great one. This one has a ton of supporting evidence.

Thoughts?
Dro07
AG
I can see it
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Interesting - he has had the most redemptive arc.

I've never had any doubt he was the Valonqar. Making him Azor Ahai too is a compelling thought.

those hand references throughout seen altogether are thought provoking - Jamie's hand, Jojen's fiery hand, burning the wights hand, Bronns quips, and the last thing with Jamie's hand and the snowflake.

generally theories about him being Azor Ahai have been dismissed - this is actually the only way it makes sense combined with the Valonqar theory and the frog lady's prophecy too. Those have been disparate prophecies and theories usually not even mentioned in the same breaths.

Hmm... gonna have to ponder that but I've never been a big believer of Jon being Azor Ahai or Dany either. In fact I always pretty much dismissed it as just a myth or legend.

It would be a complex story that has been right in front of us the entire time - sort of like Hodor.

Very GRRM.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It would be not only amazing misdirect, it would complete the best redemptive character arc in the series, imo.

It's very compelling.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
It doesn't even mention the born or reborn of smoke and salt..... maybe we've seen that too....

In the climactic battle against Dany and her dragon amidst smoke he is thrown into the water and Bronn pulls him out of course (somehow safely a mile away). could it have been salt water??? He comes up gagging and spitting out water unlike Bronn.

Something else I ran across....we've had the misuse or misinterpretation of Valyrian words crop up before, several times in fact. Well the Valyrian words for lord and light are aeksio and onos. However, the Valyrian words for gold and hand are aeksion and ondos perhaps it's not the Lord of Light but the Hand of Gold.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Something else I ran across....we've had the misuse or misinterpretation of Valyrian words crop up before, several times in fact. Well the Valyrian words for lord and light are aeksio and onos. However, the Valyrian words for gold and hand are aeksion and ondos perhaps it's not the Lord of Light but the Hand of Gold.
Wut what?!?!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dear God.
Dro07
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is good *****

Possibly why Benji wasn't controlled like other white walkers?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
You mean Benjen? Yeah.

Also why the White Walkers could see Bran when nobody else could.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No, he means Benji Coldpaws.

G Martin 87
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Wut what?!?!
This is an interesting theory. But this would go a step further than before. We haven't seen misuse or misinterpretation of High Valyrian words per se, but cases where the gender of nouns is unclear from context. High Valyrian can be an imprecise language. (Check out Duolingo's High Valyrian course if you're into conlangs.) One would think that the religious texts on which the Lord of Light is based are numerous enough that they can't *all* have been mistranslated as Hand of Gold. Still, it would be a really awesome twist.
Prosperdick
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No, he means Benji Coldpaws.

Still can't believe Jane Seymour and Omar Sharif agreed to Oh Heavenly Dog...really only one good scene, Benji deciding to jump in the bath with Jane, smart dog.
Carlo4
AG
He's a kingslayer.... from Mad King to the Night King... full arc of redemption... Starting a conflict to ending it...

It's like poetry... it rhymes
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.