****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,527 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ya i kinda agree with this idea. I figure that she has to kill her uncle and possibly bring the elephants.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Euron controls the seas everywhere. Perfect time for yara to kill him. She has had plenty of time to take the iron islands, swing over to Essos and pick up Dario and the second sons, pick up the dornish army still waiting at the docks since season 7 all while Euron is distracted by baby news.

We know based on GOT history that someone that everyone least expects will come out of nowhere to make a big impact - yara is a great candidate.

Yeah but he's behind Hot Pie and Lord Robyn Jonas of the Vale.

Pretty sure Hot Pie just poisons Cersei with a delicious mince pie. At the celebratory dinner afterwards, he poisons all of the other important characters, sits on the throne and pulls off his face to reveal himself to be little finger the entire time
Luke Smith
Because I'm interested. Take this poll on this season if you have a second. I'll post the results after a while

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RNL9QF9
bobinator
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Latest Binge Mode pod is....not being kind to Ep4.
Episode 4 was, to me, the worst episode of the whole series.

I had some moderate complaints about the Battle of Winterfell, but for the most part it was fine.

And I think the discussion on here naturally tends to center on things that people didn't like (there's only so much 'yeah, that was awesome' that can happen), so it makes it seem like this thread hates every episode. But this last episode was infuriating in a few different ways.
M.C. Swag
AG
For sure. After some re-calibration I think I'm better able to accept what this show is/will be now. Looking forward to another visual spectacle with this upcoming battle and just going to take it at face value.
M.C. Swag
AG
Btw, did anyone notice if the intro song sequence was any different from episode 3? I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about it. I didn't notice anything myself, so i was curious.
reddirtgigem
I think everyone can agree that the writing for this season has sucked. D&D don't care because they are taking that money to the bank.

Predictions:
Varys dies
All three lannisters die
mad queen Dany dies

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I think everyone can agree that the writing for this season has sucked.
I think people should stop trying to get everyone to agree with their opinions.
bobinator
AG
They've been slightly different each episode this season.
Liquid Wrench
I've been more or less "over" the quality of their writing for a while. I'm just interested in seeing how it ends and how it looks. In retrospect, the casting may have been what D&D were best at.
M.C. Swag
AG
bobinator said:

They've been slightly different each episode this season.
What did they change this week tho?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nothing as far as I could tell, other than the blue tiles no longer advancing.

There might have been funeral pyres in front of Winterfell.
bobinator
AG
They added the funeral pyres outside Winterfell and the inside of the hall was in disarray. Those were the things I noticed.
Liquid Wrench
Were the Winterfell crypts in previous openings?
bobinator
AG
Yeah
bonfarr
AG
Well however the saga ends we know the ending can't be as dumb as the Seinfeld crew sitting in a jail cell.

They should have Cersei, Jamie, Tyrion, Snow, Sansa, and Varys all eating in a diner while Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" plays. Show Bronn slipping into the diner and cut away to black. Show over.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Charlie Conway
Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg said:

but through the first 4 episodes, I cannot recall anyone accurately getting any of the big or even medium spoilers right, besides the obvious guess-type event ones.

and the first episode is the only one where definitive full story details were widely available days before the episode aired.

really - I don't even recall that on E1.

See i thought the leaks - the ones i've heard about - came right before Ep 4. Is that true? Seems like it was first mentioned here before Ep 4 that there were some leaks including a video leak as I recall.

Maybe they waited to see if they were right about Ep 4 and now thats validated their leaks for Ep 5 and 6??

This statement has me thinking about one specific prediction in the last few days though - very specific and interesting. Damn't see any info that there were predictions that are leaks messes with you. arghhhhhh.

So far I'm really batting about .000 on mine - although still holding out hope for AA, Howland Reed and Valonqar - lol. I had the most correct on our little who dies in BOW (separate thread) but I still missed 6 (3 that died and 3 that did not die).

there was a bunch of leaks prior to the season premier, several of the leakers have been validated through their predictions through episode 4 so somewhere there is a reddit post with an accumulation of all the accurate leakers, their confirmed leaks through episode 4 and leaks for the remainder of the season.

And no I will not name what posters appear to be spreading these leaks because then you'll know the leaks duh
bobinator
AG
I honestly still have some hope that some of the current shenanigans were to set up whatever is about to happen, and that we might get a good ending.

The reason I'm holding out that hope is because we've seen a couple of different times where they basically wrote backwards to set up a moment, and the moment ended up pretty good. (The dragon bringing down the wall, for example.)

Also, I'm sure they had an ending in mind a long time ago.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At this point, the most unexpected ending might be the "predictable" one.

Nobody really expects Jon on the throne, so that might be what happens.
bobinator
AG
I still don't think anyone ends up on the throne.

I think if there's one constant in this show, it's that no matter how well-intentioned they are, having one person in power continually goes wrong.

I think they're going to end up creating some kind of oligarchy/melt the iron throne into a table kind of thing.
HtownAg92
AG
Those who could be the surprise saviors:

• Yara
  • Robyn
  • Howland Reed
  • Hot Pie
  • Daario
  • Edmure Tully
  • Nymeria
  • Ghost
  • Jaqen H'ghar
  • Bas**** Dragon
  • Meera Reed
  • Gilly
  • Little Sam
  • Blackfish - never saw him die
  • Stannis - never saw him die
  • Some rando Dornish dude
  • President of the Iron Bank
  • Patchface

But the most likely - Syrio Forel
bangobango
AG
Maybe add some "I don't know" or "I don't care" options?

Like , I don't care who wins the iron throne. That wasn't what I was interested in. And I don't know what season is my favorite.
bonfarr
AG
If they really want to make people's heads explode have Daario show up with a new fleet carrying the Second Sons to save the day but the actor is the original Daario, the *****y guy with the annoying dimples from Season 1.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
BQCadet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Quote:

Here freaking here
bobinator
AG
I do kind of have a vision where this episode is going to basically be a WWE Royal Rumble of an episode.

Like random characters/armies/etc just coming in off the top rope into scenes.

"IT'S AAARRRRRRRRYAAAAAAAA"
"OH MY GOD ITS THE MOUNTAIN"
"IS THAT DARIO'S MUSIC?!"
Bunk Moreland
BQCadet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Quote:

Here freaking here

It's hear, hear!
AtlAg05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

At this point, the most unexpected ending might be the "predictable" one.

Nobody really expects Jon on the throne, so that might be what happens.

Based on the number of times he's denied wanting it, paired with the number of times the crypts were deemed safe. And we all know how that turned out.
aggiepaintrain
AG
everything feels rushed, it's a shame.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
There are two spoiler/leakers online. One with the "Mad Queen" theory. The other without that. And both have drastically different outcomes of two major characters. So - it's all prediction IMO.

{I went ahead and put the spoilers tags since you led with that. - Staff}
AtlAg05
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

everything feels rushed, it's a shame.

Wasn't it based off HBO not wanting to renegotiate contracts?
TheDraw
AG
Quote:

• Blackfish - never saw him die
  • Stannis - never saw him die

They Dead
WhoopN06
That's the rumor. Characters had too much leverage. Can't really replace Kit or Emilia..
smokeythebear
AG
Luke Smith said:

Because I'm interested. Take this poll on this season if you have a second. I'll post the results after a while

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RNL9QF9
I'm a pretty consistent defender of the show on this thread, but you wouldn't know it based on how I answered these questions. I suppose I have all the same complaints as everyone else, I just don't vocalize it as much.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Since these writers are such hacks, I see the foreshadowing of Arya and the Hound leaving at the same time with the same goal being their key theme. We see this week Arya killing the Mountain by ninja, face voodoo stuff and when the Hound shows up he gets uber pissed. He then storms through the entire Gold Company and kills Cersei and tells Arya to stick her list up her bony little ass.

Arya then goes into retirement and seeks out Gendry, finds out he's married, then kills his wife and harvests her face to assume her identity. Gendry doesn't ever find out.......or does he, BAM whole new HBO special. Sansa's Dire Wolf Kennel in the north, a lot more focus in the south for beaches, babes and bloody executions, and no dragons. Think giant Chupacabras that don't attack goats, they attack people.

That whole Throne thing, who really cares.
redline248
AG
bonfarr said:

If they really want to make people's heads explode have Daario show up with a new fleet carrying the Second Sons to save the day but the actor is the original Daario, the *****y guy with the annoying dimples from Season 1.

He was a total d bag in that season. Then he played the villain in Deadpool and I started to like him. Bringing him back would be hilarious.
First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.