****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,340 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also hats off to Qyburn being the best Mouth of Sauron he could be
Joseph Parrish
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Teleportation is back this season.

Everything feels so rushed.

Dragonstone is actually close to KL.
canadiaggie
AG
MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Teleportation is back this season.

Everything feels so rushed.
There are 2 episodes left. You think they are going to spend any meaningful time on the Kings Road? That's a non starter and really not even worth complaining about, honestly.
This is the stupidest complaint I hear about this show. Do you want to spend 4 episodes on the ****ing road?

Lol
gigemJTH12
AG
Spoiler for y'all upset with the Ghost departure: him and Tormund will be back.

(Not an actual spoiler just my *correct* guess)
PatAg
AG
Here's the thing. This show's first 4-5 seasons were basically faithfully adapted from a well written series of books. The past 2 seasons are them doing their best, but they dont have writers that are nearly as talented, and it's unfortunate. I still enjoy watching the show, but I also can't just act like its not being handled poorly.
MBAR
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I did enjoy this episode more. If people are complaining it's only because it keeps layering on the fan service & by now this season will be viewed as the worst one.

My only major gripe is the cut off of Jon's revelation. We were all waiting to see what the reaction would be from the girls.

This season is hands down better than season 5 so far.
Not only that they have to end ***** They can't just keep plodding along like a show such as the Walking Dead. At some point you have to finish the story and its obvious GRRM isn't interested i doing it.
PatAg
AG
aTmAg said:

Where was Yara? Wasn't that her navy that got destroyed?
related questions, Yara only has a few boats. Where did they get a fleet to sail with?
ac04
great episode. are we allowed to admit that episode 3 kind of sucked yet? i mean it was entertaining, but surely everyone sees that this was much better right
aTmAg
AG
PatAg said:

Here's the thing. This show's first 4-5 seasons were basically faithfully adapted from a well written series of books. The past 2 seasons are them doing their best, but they dont have writers that are nearly as talented, and it's unfortunate. I still enjoy watching the show, but I also can't just act like its not being handled poorly.
Agreed, but a lot of the complaints are far more poorly thought out than the show.
Lex
Arya crushed my dreams for her. I wanted her to kill Cersei then go back to Gendry. He likes her the way she is. All murdery and *****
canadiaggie
AG
PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

related questions, Yara only has a few boats. Where did they get a fleet to sail with?
Dany sailed with a huge armada and it looks like most of their forces are coming overland. I don't think the whole Targaryen armada was completely destroyed.

Also, anyone else looking forward to who the Prince of Dorne is supposed to be? Are they going to rewrite Quentyn into the show?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Whingefest 2k19, round 2.
So you enjoyed the writing this episode?

I enjoyed the episode. It's crazy, I know.
wangus12
AG
I liked the episode outside of the way they killed the dragon. I'm concerned at where they're heading

You have the Hound and Arya heading south so Clegane Bowl and Arya will go all Mary Sue and kill Cersei unless Jaime is gonna do it.

Varys wants treason so he's gonna die.

Dany is gonna Mad Queen and bbq Kings Landing ruining her image.

Jon doesn't want the throne

They made the best characters in Ghost & Tormund leave to go North.

I'm concerned we're heading towards a poor ending
Teddy Perkins
AG
Jaime has to kill Cersei for redemption. Can't wait.
aTmAg
AG
MBAR said:

Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I did enjoy this episode more. If people are complaining it's only because it keeps layering on the fan service & by now this season will be viewed as the worst one.

My only major gripe is the cut off of Jon's revelation. We were all waiting to see what the reaction would be from the girls.

This season is hands down better than season 5 so far.
Not only that they have to end ***** They can't just keep plodding along like a show such as the Walking Dead. At some point you have to finish the story and its obvious GRRM isn't interested i doing it.
I think GRRM wrote himself into a corner and is glad to cash paychecks watching HBO try to get out of it.
PatAg
AG
aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

Agreed, but a lot of the complaints are far more poorly thought out than the show.
That's also 100% true.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I enjoyed the episode. As far as flanking Euron, I'm just gonna do myself a favor and assume they had set up scorpions at the rear as well. The writing could be better, but that kind of thing just doesn't bother me.
aTmAg
AG
Lex said:

Arya crushed my dreams for her. I wanted her to kill Cersei then go back to Gendry. He likes her the way she is. All murdery and *****
She can go back. Still a wrap up episode after next weeks bloodbath.
Icecream_Ag
S
PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

Didn't they made a comment in passing euron retook the iron islands? So whatever fleet Dany had was what was left in white harbor
StringerBell
AG
Didn't really appreciate Jamie and brienne boning

Dragon dying was awesome. Dany is insane. Full on mad queen.

Really thought Tyrion was gonna out the baby as being jamie's

Ready for dany to be gone.
PatAg
AG
canadiaggie said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

Dany sailed with a huge armada and it looks like most of their forces are coming overland. I don't think the whole Targaryen armada was completely destroyed.

Also, anyone else looking forward to who the Prince of Dorne is supposed to be? Are they going to rewrite Quentyn into the show?
Oh you think it's her original armada she crossed with? I thought I remembered them getting wrecked in a battle at one point in the show
DannyDuberstein
AG
Euron has the fleet. Yara retook the iron islands because Euron isn't there and doesn't really give a **** about them because he's playing a bigger game. Who gives a **** about the iron islands right now when you are with the queen of the 7 kingdoms.
combat wombat™
AG
Lex said:

Me, too. Maybe she'll change her mind.

Dany is going mad queen.

I hate Cersei SOOOOOO much.

Poor Tormund. Poor Brienne. Poor Gendry.

I think Jamie will surprise us.

I know I'm insane and wrong for thinking it, but ANY chance an injured Rhaegal can swim? Underwater?
bobinator
AG
I think the "THE DRAGON WAS RIGHT THERE" stuff is silly. Obviously they left the dragon behind them to keep it out of range. I'm sure someone will figure out the math based on screenshots showing that he actually was in range compared to the boat scene, but to me that was clearly the intent of blocking of that scene is that Drogon is close, but not in range of the scorpions.

A bigger question is why didn't we get to see Euron's reaction to Tyrion knowing Cersei was pregnant. That seems like something he shouldn't know from Euron's point of view.
Teddy Perkins
AG
You misheard. They said Yara retook the iron islands for their queen (Dany)
PatAg
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

Didn't they made a comment in passing euron retook the iron islands? So whatever fleet Dany had was what was left in white harbor
They said Yara retook the islands, which we knew when her and Theon split up. Euron has the vast majority of whats left of the iron fleet, and destroyed Yara's fleet except for a few boats in the battle he captured her.
AlaskanAg99
AG

gigemJTH12
AG
Euron and Cersei's convo about that will happen next episode.
reb,
AG
PatAg said:

Its HBO, theres no excuse for bad writing. They had two years for this season and not much to show for it. I'm going to finish this out and hope they pull out a miracle here. I think kililng Rhaegar off like he was a mosquito gives me some hope that they have the guts to make some hard choices. They are openly playing with the idea of killing Dany off. So, Dany is dying or Varys is, thats for sure.

I only tuned into this thread after the episode so I don't know if anyone else can relate, but I had a viscerally disgusted reaction to Jamie getting with Brienne. I'm a bad person who doesnt like ugly people and she is grotesque so it pained me to see that, its nasty. I don't know why they do this except to make Jamie killing Cersei more shocking, or his return to her side more shocking. I really hope Jamie doesnt kill Cersei because its too predictable.
aTmAg
AG
bobinator said:

I think the "THE DRAGON WAS RIGHT THERE" stuff is silly. Obviously they left the dragon behind them to keep it out of range. I'm sure someone will figure out the math based on screenshots showing that he actually was in range compared to the boat scene, but to me that was clearly the intent of blocking of that scene is that Drogon is close, but not in range of the scorpions.

A bigger question is why didn't we get to see Euron's reaction to Tyrion knowing Cersei was pregnant. That seems like something he shouldn't know from Euron's point of view.
The issue with Euron is that on dry land he's sort of a dumbass.
Joseph Parrish
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I enjoyed the episode. As far as flanking Euron, I'm just gonna do myself a favor and assume they had set up scorpions at the rear as well. The writing could be better, but that kind of thing just doesn't bother me.

The scorpions were only in front. Rewatch that part.
wangus12
AG
Just Have Drogon attack the castle walls at night. They can't aim in the dark, but the walls will be perfectly marked with torches. Easy targets
BBQ4Me
AG
Where was the Golden Company army? Inside KL's walls?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Are there season spoilers on freefolk or just spoilers from this episode? Not down for season spoilers but I need my memes!
n_touch
I was guessing it was just out of shock, but you would have thought she would have been angry and just attacked.
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.