****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,111,255 Views | 14599 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by Urban Ag
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriendlyAg said:

I honestly have no idea what will happen tonight. How will they fill 80 minutes?
Based on last weeks preview. Burying the dead, celebrating and planning against/marching South
Mantis Toboggan MD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriendlyAg said:

I honestly have no idea what will happen tonight. How will they fill 80 minutes?

Ample time to introduce Howland Reed. Bet.
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mantis Toboggan MD said:

FriendlyAg said:

I honestly have no idea what will happen tonight. How will they fill 80 minutes?


Ample time to introduce Strong Belwas. Bet.


FIFY
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Mantis Toboggan MD said:

FriendlyAg said:

I honestly have no idea what will happen tonight. How will they fill 80 minutes?


Ample time to introduce Strong Belwas. Bet.


FIFY

Let's not forget Lady Stoneheart
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be watching the episode when I get home from work at around 5am. Hopefully I'm busy tonight and won't have time to look at TexAgs which is usually how I kill time on nights.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm honestly pretty excited for this episode. We should get a lot of story advancement for a lot of characters
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

For people wondering where Bran was wargling to during the battle, I thought it was clear that he was with the ravens following the NK. As soon as the NK approached Bran he came back. I don't think theres anything more to it than that.
Too much common sense in thsi post
Seven Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if they'll have some surprising deaths tonight in what most would expect to be a setup episode. Probably not.
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seven Costanza said:

I wonder if they'll have some surprising deaths tonight in what most would expect to be a setup episode. Probably not.



Only read below if you read /r/freefolk. Not spoiling anything, but I want to be safe for everybody.
I'd recommend completely avoiding that site if you want to stay pure for the next 3 weeks.

freefolk is losing their **** over current spoilers right now. Rumored spoilers for tonight (that I've seen video of) make total sense and inline for the theme of GoT. Everything I've seen/read for future weeks is terrible.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Bazooka Joe said:

For people wondering where Bran was wargling to during the battle, I thought it was clear that he was with the ravens following the NK. As soon as the NK approached Bran he came back. I don't think theres anything more to it than that.
Too much common sense in thsi post


I think it was more obvious than common sense. The issue is by doing that, Bran did nothing. It's hard for people to watch a major character, in a crucial episode, do absolutely nothing. So they create things to justify him just sitting there.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
c-jags said:

Seven Costanza said:

I wonder if they'll have some surprising deaths tonight in what most would expect to be a setup episode. Probably not.



Only read below if you read /r/freefolk. Not spoiling anything, but I want to be safe for everybody.
I'd recommend completely avoiding that site if you want to stay pure for the next 3 weeks.

freefolk is losing their **** over current spoilers right now. Rumored spoilers for tonight (that I've seen video of) make total sense and inline for the theme of GoT. Everything I've seen/read for future weeks is terrible.
Yeah that place is in full meltdown and while I at least want to think some of the rumored leaks are false, its already bad writing if they are true
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

c-jags said:

Seven Costanza said:

I wonder if they'll have some surprising deaths tonight in what most would expect to be a setup episode. Probably not.



Only read below if you read /r/freefolk. Not spoiling anything, but I want to be safe for everybody.
I'd recommend completely avoiding that site if you want to stay pure for the next 3 weeks.

freefolk is losing their **** over current spoilers right now. Rumored spoilers for tonight (that I've seen video of) make total sense and inline for the theme of GoT. Everything I've seen/read for future weeks is terrible.
Yeah that place is in full meltdown and while I at least want to think some of the rumored leaks are false, its already bad writing if they are true


what I read for tonight is fine. Totally OK with that for the direction of the show and consistent with a buildup show. I have seen video evidence. Stuff for the next 2 episodes WHICH I HAVENT SEEN VIDEO OF sounds terrible.
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it safe to say much of the consternation has to do with book readers trying to rectify the show version of a story that has been fairly different?
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MW03 said:

Is it safe to say much of the consternation has to do with book readers trying to rectify the show version of a story that has been fairly different?


Not in regard to Wangus' and my conversation.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

Is it safe to say much of the consternation has to do with book readers trying to rectify the show version of a story that has been fairly different?

No not really. We left the books behind after Season 5 for the most part.

Most of the changes were concerning simplifying plots or condensing characters which was understandable - some extraneous (seeming) things were cut mostly but to be honest GRRM is waaaaaayy to verbose anyway.

I never had any problem with things being trimmed from the books.

As for a different direction- hard to say - the books left us off with:

Jon dead(ish)
Dany in Dothraki wasteland
Tyrion on Essos like a circus performer basically and has not met Dany yet
Jamie is not sent to Dorne but riverrun
Sansa did not go back to WF, marry Ramsay or see Theon
Stannis alive and did not burn Shireen
Tommen alive but incompetent ruler.
Brienne working on behalf of LSH
Mance is still alive
Loras is never arrested, Margaery is because of Cersei's lies but later proven innocent of adultery.

So that ship (different than the books) sailed a looooooong time ago.

cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bizarre to start the show half way through the unfinished books. Enjoyable so far though. The dialogue has dumbed down a tad, and some dumb battle tactics, but so far nothing dimishing the overall entertainment value.

The biggest mystery may be the most interesting/complex varys going quiet/inept, but in a way even that makes sense as i expect his quick exit from kings landing would logically have deprived him of his money/network/influence. And frankly there was not much 'intrigue' to dealong with zombies.

DSAg44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rally boobs time
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

Is it safe to say much of the consternation has to do with book readers trying to rectify the show version of a story that has been fairly different?
most of the people complaining haven't read the books (just based on their comments about book readers)
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not gonna lie, Howland Reed is my favorite running meme on this thread. Can't believe it started off as a serious discussion lmao
AtlAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cbr said:

Bizarre to start the show half way through the unfinished books. Enjoyable so far though. The dialogue has dumbed down a tad, and some dumb battle tactics, but so far nothing dimishing the overall entertainment value.

The biggest mystery may be the most interesting/complex varys going quiet/inept, but in a way even that makes sense as i expect his quick exit from kings landing would logically have deprived him of his money/network/influence. And frankly there was not much 'intrigue' to dealong with zombies.




I bet the show writers thought Martin would have completed at least one book....
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Meme?
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Meme?


It's a picture or expression of humor, satire, sarcasm, etc.
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

At least on this thread we know the majority of us have put a lot of actual thought into this and we're watching the episode intently.
Is there anything worse than hearing a podcast or radio talk show discuss things half-assedly?
I agree, but I enjoy the PMT guys talk about GoT
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whoosh
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm almost more excited for tonight than I was last week. Mainly, because I have no clue where things are going now, beyond speculation.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm almost more excited for tonight than I was last week. Mainly, because I have no clue where things are going now, beyond speculation.
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Whoosh


You have turned into the _oosh of the thread. Might as well be Lat Earl Seattle.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huh...?
Change Detection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I just read a story that spent a moment on John as he was about to become dragon ash. He was yelling "Go...go". I thought he was just screaming.... speculation is that he was distracting the dragon so Arya could get past him. I went back a re-watched, he is indeed yelling Go. Twice, one long and one short.
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Edited to make sure I'm not spoiling.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll edit if you do
merc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Be careful out there. Basically everything has leaked.
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Yep it's all out there
RVAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Yep it's all out there


Man, y'all are really bringing me down
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Uh what? The whole season or this episode?
Page 240 of 418
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.