****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,665 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

No I'm saying Rocky also lost fights later. You seemed to imply he only lost in Rocky I.

Thought that was clear. I literally said they were not good movies either.
Maybe I should pick a Van Damm (sp?) movie? The bad guy is bad, good guy is good, the entire movie is building up to a boss fight at the end. Van Damm gets his ass kicked a bit, wiped the blood off his chin, finds some new determination and wins in the end (and gets the girl).

I'm glad GoT didn't go there.
yeah I'm not arguing for that in GOT. I liked the ending ok...... personally I would have had 1 of 3 things though:

1. Arya in the tree and not able to fly. just drops on him.
2. faceless Arya replaces Bran in the chair - stands up (ohhhhh moment) and then knife's him. then reveals she is Arya and Bran is on the ground behind the tree (so NK still sensed him).
3. Jon leads the way in fighting the other WW kills a few but ultimately fails, falling to his knees in a semicircle of WW protecting the NK and while slumped over ninja Arya sweeps in while they are focused on Jon and leaps off his back and then does what she did.

but whatever. i just didn't like her ability to a. get past the other WW unscathed and b. leap 8 feet in the air.
You can't steal the face of someone who isn't dead
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ac04 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

TPS_Report said:

TPS_Report said:

Qyburn kills Varys. The Little Birds kill Qyburn.

The Mountain kills Arya. The Hound kills The Mountain.

Cersei kills Sansa. Tyrion kills Cersei.

Jon rules the North, Dany rules the South.

Sam appointed head of the Citadel.

BTW, this is my prediction, not my preference.
I don't think Arya and Sansa both die.

Torn on who kills Cersei - Arya, Jaime or Tyrion.
Jaime and Cersei go down together someway.
there's a name for that but i'm not sure it had been invented yet

Twinregicide - there I invented it.

Or if you mean sexually then - Twincunnilatio

gigemJTH12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh ***** I guess I need to rewatch it too with my settings changed.

You could actually see the dead on the left side of the screen during the charge?

That's what the guy I quoted said. I had no idea. And I thought I saw the episode fine. Apparently HBO Go is much clearer. Can't wait for that.

Has anyone had any better success on a amazon prime?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
  • Sansa will rule the North, although under Jon-Dany rule of the 7 kingdoms
  • Arya will survive as GRRM's original plan for her was to marry Jon in the end, she'll probably end up with Gendry. Curious whether they give Gendry Storms End, although he was never legitimized so that would seem unlikely.
  • Jon and Dany will marry and rule the 7 kingdoms under a mutual rule
  • Bran's chance to die has passed, I think now he spends out the rest of his days being a creeper under the Weirwood in Winterfell
  • Jaime will die likely killing Cersei
  • I think Tyrion dies, as well, which I believe is the bittersweet portion of the ending that has been spoken about.
  • We get the Clegane bowl, the Hound defeats the Mountain but is mortally wounded in the fight.
  • Euron Greyjoy is killed by Yara Greyjoy, who goes on the rule over the Iron Islands
  • I think both dragons actually survive
  • Brienne survives to mourn Jamie's death, and Tormund swoops in and takes advantage of her fragile state
  • The show completely forgets to acknowledge Ghost and we are left wondering WTF happened to him
  • Davos survives
  • Varys murdered by his own little birds
  • Golden Company gets melted by the dragons

Obviously I think it ends much happier than most of us originally expected, but I just don't think the show has the balls to kill their main characters outside of maybe one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trueaggie2782
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You could actually see the dead on the left side of the screen during the charge?

They were in a "crescent formation" and just standing there waiting. And the lit swords stopped as soon as they hit said formation. At least that's what I saw. Now, you guys are making me second guess.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

No I'm saying Rocky also lost fights later. You seemed to imply he only lost in Rocky I.

Maybe I should pick a Van Damm (sp?) movie? The bad guy is bad, good guy is good, the entire movie is building up to a boss fight at the end. Van Damm gets his ass kicked a bit, wiped the blood off his chin, finds some new determination and wins in the end (and gets the girl).

yeah I'm not arguing for that in GOT. I liked the ending ok...... personally I would have had 1 of 3 things though:

2. faceless Arya replaces Bran in the chair - stands up (ohhhhh moment) and then knife's him. then reveals she is Arya and Bran is on the ground behind the tree (so NK still sensed him).
3. Jon leads the way in fighting the other WW kills a few but ultimately fails, falling to his knees in a semicircle of WW protecting the NK and while slumped over ninja Arya sweeps in while they are focused on Jon and leaps off his back and then does what she did.

but whatever. i just didn't like her ability to a. get past the other WW unscathed and b. leap 8 feet in the air.

That's not necessarily true. We don't know. We saw something like that in the temple with Jaqen.

But even so... arya could look enough like Bran. Just put a hoodie on and look all somber and ***** Hell she could sit on his lap with her hoodie cape draped over him. lol

M.C. Swag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

M.C. Swag said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

That's not necessarily true. We don't know. We saw something like that in the temple with Jaqen.

But even so... arya could look enough like Bran. Just put a hoodie on and look all somber and ***** Hell she could sit on his lap with her hoodie cape draped over him. lol
Personally would hate that.. We already got that moment with Walder Frey and it'd just make the NK look dumb (dumber than he already was made to look).
OnlyForNow
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's what the guy I quoted said. I had no idea. And I thought I saw the episode fine. Apparently HBO Go is much clearer. Can't wait for that.

I just tried amazon at my office with a better internet connection and a lot of stuff is still pixelated and too hard to see.

When there is a shot of Tormund on the front lines, before the dothraki get lit up, his furs are all muted and pixelated, just horrible. I think that is the compression issue with the lighting of the episode.

It basically looked the same at my house.

Hoping a better non-compressed version becomes available.
Bunk Moreland
Brienne dies at the hands or orders of Cersei, which provides the final oomph Jamie needs to get over the finish line and choke out his sister.
Furlock Bones
AG
Change Detection said:

So a question regarding the poor viewer experience. When streaming video, is resolution lost to save bandwidth?
In the audio word, a MP3 file sounds worse than a WAV file, frequencies are lost in compression. I have to believe that compression schemes in video streaming have to effect the signal and is not loss-less. If so, the streaming video experience is going to be poorer than cable/DirecTV, etc.
that was the case for a long, long time. but, i know for a fact Uverse fiber has a bandwidth problem. throw in crappy tech in their boxes.

lucky for me. they are the only provider of internet in our neighborhood.
dc509
AG
Quote:

Arya will survive as GRRM's original plan for her was to marry Jon in the end, she'll probably end up with Gendry. Curious whether they give Gendry Storms End, although he was never legitimized so that would seem unlikely.

I think he ends up with Storms End. The Baratheon's were Targaryen *******s. If Jon and Daenerys become king and queen it would be logical for him to have title.
Fenrir
This episode is a good example of why some people still like physical media. I suspect when uncompressed versions make it to the wild a lot of the complaints about being able to see will fade.
El Chupacabra
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

• Arya will survive as GRRM's original plan for her was to marry Jon in the end, she'll probably end up with Gendry. Curious whether they give Gendry Storms End, although he was never legitimized so that would seem unlikely.
  • Bran's chance to die has passed, I think now he spends out the rest of his days being a creeper under the Weirwood in Winterfell
  • I think Tyrion dies, as well, which I believe is the bittersweet portion of the ending that has been spoken about.
  • We get the Clegane bowl, the Hound defeats the Mountain but is mortally wounded in the fight.
  • Euron Greyjoy is killed by Yara Greyjoy, who goes on the rule over the Iron Islands
  • Brienne survives to mourn Jamie's death, and Tormund swoops in and takes advantage of her fragile state
  • The show completely forgets to acknowledge Ghost and we are left wondering WTF happened to him
  • Davos survives

Obviously I think it ends much happier than most of us originally expected, but I just don't think the show has the balls to kill their main characters outside of maybe one.

I'm sure it's been noted and discussed, but Ghost is shown in the preview for next weeks episode.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
El Chupacabra said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

• Davos survives

I'm sure it's been noted and discussed, but Ghost is shown in the preview for next weeks episode.
I'm aware
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trueaggie2782
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Change Detection said:

So a question regarding the poor viewer experience. When streaming video, is resolution lost to save bandwidth?
In the audio word, a MP3 file sounds worse than a WAV file, frequencies are lost in compression. I have to believe that compression schemes in video streaming have to effect the signal and is not loss-less. If so, the streaming video experience is going to be poorer than cable/DirecTV, etc.
that was the case for a long, long time. but, i know for a fact Uverse fiber has a bandwidth problem. throw in crappy tech in their boxes.

lucky for me. they are the only provider of internet in our neighborhood.

I'm using uverse fiber (gigabit) but I've relinquished their hardware to modem only. I've got a Netgear gaming router that handles all of the heavy lifting and have not seen a speed issue since I've implemented it.
CapCityAg89
AG
Any predication that has Arya as a Lady isn't paying attention.

That's not her.
TheDraw
AG
trueaggie2782
AG
OnlyForNow said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I just tried amazon at my office with a better internet connection and a lot of stuff is still pixelated and too hard to see.

When there is a shot of Tormund on the front lines, before the dothraki get lit up, his furs are all muted and pixelated, just horrible. I think that is the compression issue with the lighting of the episode.

It basically looked the same at my house.

Hoping a better non-compressed version becomes available.

I'll see if I can get a picture of the Dothraki charge to confirm myself when I get home.
pete_claw98
AG
Ok, let's talk about the real question on everyone's mind.

Does Bronn use the crossbow?

That would be true to his character, if he could do it and stay alive.

I missed him in the last 2 episodes, but I think there is a good chance he kills 1 or both.

Survey says?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
pete_claw98 said:

Ok, let's talk about the real question on everyone's mind.

Does Bronn use the crossbow?

That would be true to his character, if he could do it and stay alive.

I missed him in the last 2 episodes, but I think there is a good chance he kills 1 or both.

Survey says?

I doubt he kills either.... but will show up. I still like my fanmade script for that scene when he arrives:

scene:

Bronn sneaks up on Jamie and Tyrion......Jamie whirls around at the last second.....

Jamie: Bronn what are you doing here I thought you'd be knee deep in w-hores by now.

Bronn: Well I was but, your sister had other ideas... I'm here to kill you <shows them the crossbow>.

Jamie: Oh....you must mean her other brother..... <motions to> Tyrion.

Bronn: Yeah him too - package deal.

Tyrion: Well it's damn cold up here so either get on with it or.....name your price.

Jamie: Yeah a Lannister always pay his debts. But we'll pay double!!!

Bronn: That's what I'm afraid of....see If I don't kill you both, she'll kill me.

Tyrion: As usual It's quite a conundrum you find yourself in. How do you always do that?

Bronn: **** if I know.

<bro hugs all around. end scene>
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Mel has consistently misinterpreted signs and events from the beginning. It's one of her defining characteristics. She makes mistakes. As the story has progressed, it's evident that she comes to regret her errors profoundly. After finally getting it right, she chooses to end it and pay for what's she done herself.
Still catching up, so responding to old posts.

You know, I wish Melisandre had given Davos one final apology about her mistake in killing Shireen, before walking to her death.
JJxvi
AG
Bronn will do whatever the writer's plot requires. We have no idea.

Bronn that GRRM wrote would do absolutely nothing until he knew which side would win.
BBRex
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Yeah, sub No. 2 for Arya killing the NK with an arrow. NK is standing there, then gets hits. The camera angle changes and you see all the WW were looking at Bran and the NK, and Arya is behind them with a bow in her hand. I know that's been done before, but it makes more sense than Arya flying in from nowhere.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, regarding Bran's purpose - what if his final purpose is confirming for everyone that Jaime was the real father of Cersei's children, and she has no claim to the throne?

Granted, I don't know if that will matter much, I think this ends in a battle anyway, but it may help to flip some of the remaining armies to Dany/Jon.
swc93
AG
Bronn saves the brothers and in reward he gets the Mormont castle since they are all now dead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Federale01 said:

C@LAg said:

No one going to comment on the 30 seconds of silent monologuing by the Night King in front of Bran, conveniently allowing time for Arya to magically teleport in and kill him? If he had just walked up to Bran and taken his shot.....

Classic villain trope.
The NK has always had a flair for the dramatic and played mind games with people. I think we consider him like a Terminator, no emotion, but he displayed countless times through the series he relishes in the destruction he causes. It was a little contrived, but not out of character for the NK to savior the moment or be over confident in his victory.
Darth Vader comes to mind. Shuts off all the lights on his suit, stands in a dark corner in the corridor, and lets everyone hear him breath before igniting his lightsaber.

It might have given the rebels enough time to get the Death Star plans out the door, but damn if he didn't make a dramatic entrance and scare the bejesus out of those people.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bronn was already given the money by Qyburn, why does he have to do anything. My hope is that he took it to Harrenhahl, invested wisely and turned it into the biggest brothel/casino in Westeros.

CFTXAG10
AG

Gave me a good laugh this morning. In all seriousness though, I will be curious to know how many people Dany has fighting for her against Cersei after the massive amount of casualties.
Hulla Baller
AG
swc93 said:

Bronn saves the brothers and in reward he gets the Mormont castle since they are all now dead
Isn't Bear Island in the North? I doubt Sansa or Jon would give Bronn a castle in the North.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggiejim70
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This just came to me in a vision......There must be some hellacious officers in the Lanister Army, to be able to inspire their soldiers to want to have second go round with Dany and the dragons after what they saw and experienced the last time. I don't think those soldiers will inspire the Golden Company either.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
gigemJTH12
AG
Yeah...no way she wins this with dragons being the main reason. Way too easy. My gut tells me the dragons are negated somehow
Beezy2389
AG
No but a Sansa married to Tyrion might.

Probably a coincidence but the main "Game of Thrones" banner during the title sequence has a wolf, a stag, a lion, and a dragon on it.

Jon marries Dany = Wolf + Dragon
Sansa marries Tyrion = Wolf + Lion
Arya marries Gendry = Wolf + Stag

House Stark could marry into and rule with the other main houses. Which ironically isn't "breaking the wheel" at all.

I know it seems like a mega-happy ending but come on, they just spared numerous expendable characters and made Arya the prince that was promised all for fan-service.

My other favorite theory is Tyrion gives Bronn the Twins since Tyrion keeps saying "whatever they are offering you, I'll double it"
First Page Last Page
Page 203 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.