****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,295 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggietony2010 said:

redline248 said:

Shot from this week's preview: Dany, Jon or Night King? I think Dany, but can't really tell

Why would you post a photo that your phone accidentally took in your pocket?
lol

Hey, we all know HBO loves super dark shots
redline248
AG
Thanks guys
Furlock Bones
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

It's Dany.

Brightened up.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

lightened up

FIDO95
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cbr
AG
Beside the fact that riding dragons looks particularly cool, exactly how is anyone better off riding it rather than letting it do it's thing? I mean, what really is the rider other than excess baggage and a tempting target?
CFTXAG10
AG
MaroonStain said:

My question has been 'how does NK know about KL?" Then a coworker and I hashed it out that since WW are linked to undead, the captive taken to KL was linked to NK so he can use that captive as his GPS and knows that KL is a gold mine for future undead.
You sent me down a rabbit hole of thoughts (so thanks for that), but now I am wondering if its possible that Bran wants to lure the Night King into a 1-on-1 showdown so that the NK will touch Bran again, and when he does Bran will warg into the NK and kill himself to end the war.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
cbr said:

Beside the fact that riding dragons looks particularly cool, exactly how is anyone better off riding it rather than letting it do it's thing? I mean, what really is the rider other than excess baggage and a tempting target?
Do dragons ever just burn everything willy-nilly? We've only ever seen them do it when Dany gives the command.

Edit: I guess except the fighting pits in Mereen, where he was protecting his mother. Still, I figure having a rider helps as far as knowing who to target and who to not kill.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bonfarr said:

MaroonStain said:

My question has been 'how does NK know about KL?" Then a coworker and I hashed it out that since WW are linked to undead, the captive taken to undead was linked to NK so he can use that captive as his GPS and knows that KL is a gold mine for future undead.

Ouch another **** up move by Tyrion if true. Dany gonna be pissed.
Doesn't come close to Dany's ****-up of losing a dragon to the NK.

Though, that could be put on Tyrion too I guess. Or Jon Snow.
Urban Ag
AG
Tyrion begged her to not take the dragons beyond the wall. She told him she wouldn't take his advise again of "doing nothing". Tyrion actually didn't F that call up.
TheDraw
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

It's Dany.

Brightened up.

Phrasing
AG
Sorry if this has already been posted - I skipped ahead a couple pages. This article talks about the history significance of Jenny's Song - the song Pod sang around the fire in Episode 08:02. Doesn't have any definitive spoilers in it, but presents some pretty good points about who could be Azor Ahai and how the show might end. It could be nothing, but given the context of this song and where it was placed in the show - I think its clues could be spot on. Or of course, it could just be the writers trying to throw everyone off.

Ringer article on Jenny's Song
WestAustinAg
AG
redline248 said:

Shot from this week's preview: Dany, Jon or Night King? I think Dany, but can't really tell

This holds the key to everything. Thanks
Urban Ag
AG
clinker03 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted - I skipped ahead a couple pages. This article talks about the history significance of Jenny's Song - the song Pod sang around the fire in Episode 08:02. Doesn't have any definitive spoilers in it, but presents some pretty good points about who could be Azor Ahai and how the show might end. It could be nothing, but given the context of this song and where it was placed in the show - I think its clues could be spot on. Or of course, it could just be the writers trying to throw everyone off.

Ringer article on Jenny's Song
I really like that because it relies heavily on lore that was brought forth in the books in bits and pieces and would completely support the foreshadowed (even on the HBO series) notion that either Jon or Dany is AA. But it's probably too confusing for the viewing/non book reader audience. Maybe the song was throwing a bone to book readers? Also, and at least for now, Jon already relinquished his crown and has shown no interest in the Iron Throne (although in fairness he only found out who he really is recently).

Pretty solid conclusion though based on the timing of the song.
Ranger222
AG
Does anyone understand the reanimation rules for the undead army? This gets back to the theory that the NK is going to KL for a "2nd army". In the Hardhome episode, the NK raises what I assumed was both his dead army and the "freshly" dead to show his power. This is what makes the army of the dead so frightening -- not just their numbers but that they can be raised again if need be (potentially I guess). What keeps the NK from raising up the newly dead during the battle of Winterfell? Imagine the terror of seeing your brother that was just fallen rise up to now be an enemy and someone you must kill. This keeps the undead army resupplying with numbers, to the point that there is no hope for the living. I assume that 1) dragon fire and 2) dragon glass would keep the dead from being reanimated a 2nd time. We just really don't know how these powers work. Do they work south of the wall or does the NK have the army that he has?

Just don't see the need for the NK to go to KL for more numbers to his army if he can just re-raise who he already has and the freshly dead from the Winterfell battle. I doubt those in combat would have the time or the means to burn everyone who falls during battle to prevent that from happening but maybe we'll see that.
SgtBarbarossa
Quote:

Quote:

The Debt said:

"Ass dragons" you say?
what do you know.. If you search dragon ass, there is an image for that....

jenn96
AG
I keep seeing the theory that the NK is going to Kings Landing enough that I think it must be a something of a spoiler - not necessarily an intentional one, but people are hearing it from multiple sources (including, it must be said, just coming up with it on their own because it's a twist when we all are expecting the BoW to be a climactic battle against the NK.)

But my question is like yours - why? If the Night King can create an Army everywhere he goes, by killing people and then resurrecting wights, why go to the trouble of going to Kings Landing? Why not the Riverlands, to pick one closer example?

Just based on the clues we've seen in the previews and show opener (and prophetic images of a frozen Iron Throne), it feels like IF the Night King goes to Kings Landing - a big if - there's some reason why other than just body count. Take the show opener, which now shows the vaults under Kings Landing with dragon skulls, and the Winterfell crypts. We all know some nasty **** is about to go down in the Winterfell crypts - is something also going to happen in Kings Landing where those dragon skulls are? But what, I can't guess. If the Night King reanimates a dragon skull so it can fly around and chomp stuff that will be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Edited to add that I think - I didn't check - that one of the skulls down there belongs to Balerian the Black Dread, one of the biggest and most badass dragons ever, and maybe that's important? But it's still just his skull. Like I said, I just don't see how that factors for the Night King. Or anyone else for that matter.
Urban Ag
AG
I think the wind/snow swept throne room in KL is foreshadowing that after Cersei dies the throne may remain unseated. I'm not sold on there being a clear cut next King or Queen that sits the thrown. It could be symbolic of an end to a single ruler of Westeros. And snow may be just because it's winter now.

Maybe they show the crypts at KL in the opener because Cersei may have wildfire staged in the crypts to blow the city up the same way she did with the wildfire in the crypts under the Great Sept?

jenn96
AG
Urban Ag said:

Maybe they show the crypts at KL in the opener because Cersei may have wildfire staged in the crypts to blow the city up the same way she did with the wildfire in the crypts under the Great Sept?
Not a bad hypothesis.
aggietony2010
AG
The thought is that the NK saw King's Landing through the eyes of the wight brought there. Whether or not that's true, King's Landing is by far the most densely populated part of westeros. There are more people there than in the entire north combined.
redline248
AG
If I go to youtube and type in "game of thrones" there a number of videos that claim "season 8 episode 3 spoilers leaked!!" I don't click on them, obviously, but if it's true that things have leaked, it makes me question everyone's predictions.
gigemJTH12
AG
Probably click bait BS.
CoachRTM
AG
Haven't read any of the spoilers, but Cersei and the creepy dude didn't create that dragon killing arrow launcher for fun. It's also in the new intro.

It may be that they miss, but that thing is going to shoot at one of the three dragons at some point.
redline248
AG
How many did he make? The first one got obliterated
gigemJTH12
AG
Is it in the new intro?

It got destroyed in the battle they used it. Must be a new one.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

CoachRTM
AG
redline248 said:

Forgot it got destroyed.

It is in the new intro though - around 1:19 of this video.
Charlie Conway
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

one for each dragon
gigemJTH12
AG
Interesting thing I just noticed while watching the season 8 trailer again. Jamie is on the top of the castle sword fighting, fire all around him.

But he definitely starts this battle outside of the walls.

For whatever that's worth.
Farmer1906
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

one for each dragon
Correct. There are 14 stone dragons under Winterfell that will emerge when the horn of winter is blown by the night king. It is known.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
NK to KL is an interesting theory and I could see this happening. Leading to a depleted North coming to battle at KL after the Battle of Winterfell?
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Interesting thing I just noticed while watching the season 8 trailer again. Jamie is on the top of the castle sword fighting, fire all around him.

But he definitely starts this battle outside of the walls.

For whatever that's worth.
That's the top of King's Landing. He survives. Confirmed. Spilers. OMG!
gigemJTH12
AG
Should I delete that? I figured it was okay bc I'm sure everyone watched the trailer. If not it's in the first sentence of my post
streetfighter2012
AG
With the NK and his army on the steps of Winterfell, where is the snow/bitter cold? When Stannis was making his way to Winterfell his whole army was decimated by the storms/cold. In the last two episodes nothing has been shown to indicate that winter isn't just coming but it has arrived. Isn't the NK supposed to basically bring 40 ft snowdrifts with him?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We may as well just have a shorthand for the NK to KL theory.

NK2KL?
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.