****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,492 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Dog Lord said:

bonfarr said:

AG 2000' said:

bonfarr said:

I have jumped on the NK to KL theory over the last 36 hours. There will be a massive battle at Winterfell that ends in a victory for the living but at a heavy cost and they learn the only defeated half of the NK's force. The NK will burn KL to the ground with his dragon and the other half of his army and then pivot towards the North.

Tyrion, Sam, and Bran figure out how to defeat the NK and defeat him in episode 6.
The other big battle episode is Ep.5 (Sapochnik directing), but otherwise a good theory.

Perhaps what is left of the armies defending Winterfell regroups with reinforcements and make a stand in the Neck either at the Twins or Moat Cailin to halt the NK army's March North and that buys the Bran/Tyrion/Sam braintrust more time to plan and prepare like the Alamo did for Sam Houston.

If the NK to KL scenario plays out, it would also make it easier for Nymeria and her wolf army to join a battle that would occur closer to the riverlands (assuming the survivors of the BoW march south).
Unless Nymeria and friends all travel to the Kingdom of Third Ward to get some dragon glass grillz put in their mouths, I'm not sure exactly what effect they would have against the undead and the WW.
BowSowy
AG
JABQ04 said:

My theory I have after rewatching and some reading.
I think the NK heads to KL. BoW is between the main heroes and the lieutenants of the NK. Good guys win, but suffer major losses, a Pyrrhic victory. I don't think the good guys think the Army of the dead is capable of "thought". While that's true for the rank and file, the NK and WWs are, so basically the BoW is the army of the dead staging their own holding action to either defeat or severely weaken really the only cohesive force that could stop them. NK is then turning KL into army of the dead 2.0 to finish off the rest of the world/what the original AoD started. Like someone else said, Bran camping out in the godswood
Is too simple of a plan. Maybe one of the WWs or a few come, but the NK won't be there. Good guys win, celebrate before they receive word all of KL is now dead and coming north. Survivors rally what they can from anyone not dead and set the stage for the finale.
Hm, this is a new and intriguing theory. Tell me more
wangus12
AG
Urban Ag said:

I am convinced they blew the budget on the BoW. I bet we see some wight Giants and a mammoth or bear or a few of those. Wight bear last season was great. Doubtful on ice spiders as they haven't established them already and it would feel too Harry Potter.
I've heard rumors that the Episode 5 battle is just as large as the episode 3 battle.
AtlAg05
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The Dog Lord said:

bonfarr said:

AG 2000' said:

bonfarr said:

I have jumped on the NK to KL theory over the last 36 hours. There will be a massive battle at Winterfell that ends in a victory for the living but at a heavy cost and they learn the only defeated half of the NK's force. The NK will burn KL to the ground with his dragon and the other half of his army and then pivot towards the North.

Tyrion, Sam, and Bran figure out how to defeat the NK and defeat him in episode 6.
The other big battle episode is Ep.5 (Sapochnik directing), but otherwise a good theory.

Perhaps what is left of the armies defending Winterfell regroups with reinforcements and make a stand in the Neck either at the Twins or Moat Cailin to halt the NK army's March North and that buys the Bran/Tyrion/Sam braintrust more time to plan and prepare like the Alamo did for Sam Houston.

If the NK to KL scenario plays out, it would also make it easier for Nymeria and her wolf army to join a battle that would occur closer to the riverlands (assuming the survivors of the BoW march south).
Unless Nymeria and friends all travel to the Kingdom of Third Ward to get some dragon glass grillz put in their mouths, I'm not sure exactly what effect they would have against the undead and the WW.

Aren't direwolves special? There are normal wolves so it would seem, other than being bigger, that they might have other traits that will allow them to have an impact.
Urban Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Urban Ag said:

I am convinced they blew the budget on the BoW. I bet we see some wight Giants and a mammoth or bear or a few of those. Wight bear last season was great. Doubtful on ice spiders as they haven't established them already and it would feel too Harry Potter.
I've heard rumors that the Episode 5 battle is just as large as the episode 3 battle.
Um totally. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who's dad is a senior exec at HBO who totally told everyone in line at 31 Flavors, that the second battle in Ep5 is as big as Ep3 BoW. I guess he was pretty serious.
Thisguy1
Urban Ag said:

wangus12 said:

Urban Ag said:

Um totally. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who's dad is a senior exec at HBO who totally told everyone in line at 31 Flavors, that the second battle in Ep5 is as big as Ep3 BoW. I guess he was pretty serious.

This is why this thread sucks now
Urban Ag
AG
No, this thread sucks now for two reasons.

1. Every completely impossible not going to happen theory is being posted by the minute

2. disgruntled "fans" lined up around the block a few days ago to convince everyone how bad this series is now and has been for several seasons, over and over

then again, it could be my posts too.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I'm on the NK is headed for KL end-around too. Seems a little farfetched, but I keep going back to Dany's vision of the iron throne.
Cerdock
AG
We've heard from various GOT actors that there will be significant "betrayal" this season. One possibility that I've not seen discussed (I don't read everything everywhere) is that if Cersei allows the Golden Company into KL she could be in serious trouble (ala the Roman army forced to camp outside the city of Rome). From what I've read the Golden Company was created by the Blackfyres - a chunk of the Targaryen family that broke away and rebelled (from the rest of the Family) and headed to Essos. They supposedly have always been interested in ruling the Seven Kingdoms. It would appear that Cersei is ironically paying them, and paving the way for that possibility. Whether they see Danerys as a threat or as an ally in such a move may steer their course or adjust their timing. But they should be able to see that Cersei doesn't have much to offer as an ally. I could easily see a conversation between Euron and the Golden Company leadership going like "What do we need her for?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thisguy1
-I have no idea what you're talking about in number 2.

-I love reading theories about what's going to happen because nobody has a clue and they're interesting. It's Game of Thrones. We love it because crazy **** happens that nobody sees coming. Are some crazier than others? Sure. But still fun to read unless people like you and C@Lwhatever let everyone know their theories are stupid because you studied the ancient families of Westeros in your free time.
wangus12
AG
I haven't seen any interviews where the actors have giving something that would be that big away.
JABQ04
AG
I'm curious to see what role the Golden Company plays in all this too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jaime will command the Golden Company with his golden hand.
agdoc2001
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But where are they going to find 2 giant flying *****es on such short notice?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigemJTH12
AG
I heard there's an epic sex scene between Dany and the Night King with some propaganda advertising to Trojan Fire and Ice condoms. Just what I heard
Urban Ag
AG
Most of the theories being silly are silly because:
  • we're down to four episodes
  • HBO actually has a budget
  • they introduce characters, backstories, and concepts that would completely confuse the viewing audience to no end
  • they create new rabbit holes to go down that there simply isn't any time left to explore

That said, I enjoy the discussion and crazy theories too, my posting history on this thread shows that. And me arguing back reasons why I think it turn out one way is no more or less condescending than someone arguing another perspective.

Lighten up.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Exactly - why DO Euron and Harry Strickland need Cersei? The Lannister army can't be more than 5,000 soldiers at this point. The will not take on the Golden Company if Euron and Harry decide to take it for themselves - and then expecially if Harry Strickland says - why not me? Strickland's great-grandfather was one of the Founders of TGC... probably a Blackfyre descendent himself.
Urban Ag
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

But where are they going to find 2 giant flying *****es on such short notice?
If the WW's can find four chains capable of towing a Nimitz Class aircraft carrier in to port, surely Gendry can whip this up in no time.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Too bad Mark Ruffalo isn't in GoT, we'd have the whole season already laid out.
MaroonStain
AG
My question has been 'how does NK know about KL?" Then a coworker and I hashed it out that since WW are linked to undead, the captive taken to KL was linked to NK so he can use that captive as his GPS and knows that KL is a gold mine for future undead.
CFTXAG10
AG
MaroonStain said:

My question has been 'how does NK know about KL?" Then a coworker and I hashed it out that since WW are linked to undead, the captive taken to undead was linked to NK so he can use that captive as his GPS and knows that KL is a gold mine for future undead.
Holy ****, I never thought about that.
bonfarr
AG
MaroonStain said:

My question has been 'how does NK know about KL?" Then a coworker and I hashed it out that since WW are linked to undead, the captive taken to undead was linked to NK so he can use that captive as his GPS and knows that KL is a gold mine for future undead.

Ouch another **** up move by Tyrion if true. Dany gonna be pissed.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Urban Ag said:

If the WW's can find four chains capable of towing a Nimitz Class aircraft carrier in to port, surely Gendry can whip this up in no time.
Gendry's too busy sticking Arya with the pointy end.
FIDO95
AG
The one theory we should kill is that Bran is working for the NK and is helping set a trap. Here is a book chapter that didn't make it into to show. For all the complaints people have about GRRM writing, this is an example of how great I think it is considering this was one of the first Bran chapters in the first book. It is full of predictions for lots of things GRRM wouldn't publish for years. If only the 'ol man could finish the final 2 books.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
can't do it - hate that guys voice. rarely watch his videos because of it.
FIDO95
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I agree it is hard to get over the guys voice. I able to overcome it because I'm a nerd for GOT. Now if could only find a voice like this guy:

Furlock Bones
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

been talking about this with some friends of mine. the millennial male podcast voice is unbearable.
redline248
AG
Shot from this week's preview: Dany, Jon or Night King? I think Dany, but can't really tell

aggietony2010
AG
redline248 said:

Shot from this week's preview: Dany, Jon or Night King? I think Dany, but can't really tell

Why would you post a photo that your phone accidentally took in your pocket?
redline248
AG
Another question...are there windows in the Crypts? In the season trailer, Arya is running through halls with windows. I don't think it's the crypts.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
CJAG90 said:

I could easily see a conversation between Euron and the Golden Company leadership going like "What do we need her for?"
Euron already tapped it, his box is checked (hers too I guess) so he would easily side with the Co.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
lightened up

agrams
AG
edit: nm
Teddy Perkins
AG
It's Dany.

Brightened up.

First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.