Finally. It’s time to make a TV show.

21,270 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Redstone
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

Not gonna lie, the thought of an official Dawn thread slightly terrifies me, for multiple reasons.

Seeing the praise Forum 13 is showering you with now AND having read the series has me oh so excited for all the butthurt that thread will host.

"Strong black female lead, with ambiguous sexual relationships." The meltdown will be epic.
I hope Trump tweets about not understanding what it is about. Then we will get that awesome crossover with the politics forum
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Damien Thorn
Just dropping by to remind you that your contract is still in place.
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Somehow missed this over the weekend. I really appreciate the kind words.

There's actually a role in the pilot for a South Korean former child actor who is now a dentist, so you missed it by *that* much. I'll see what I can do for future episodes, though.
MBAR
AG
Dude I had no idea you were making a show with Duvernay. I hope you kill it!
TCTTS
AG
Thanks!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
that's awesome! i'm not much of a sci-fi buff but will definitely watch since a fellow ag is involved.

what would you compare it to as far as mood/feel? like i said i haven't watched much sci-fi but did love ex machina, moon, the martian, arrival, etc..
Rudyjax
AG
Yay!
rhutton125
AG
Congrats!
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, guys.
TCTTS
AG
ruddyduck said:

that's awesome! i'm not much of a sci-fi buff but will definitely watch since a fellow ag is involved.

what would you compare it to as far as mood/feel? like i said i haven't watched much sci-fi but did love ex machina, moon, the martian, arrival, etc..

What's both incredibly exciting - but also a leap of faith - is the fact that I can honestly say there's nothing to compare it to. Genuinely - this isn't just lip service - there's not an existing model, even in terms of mood/feel. It was originally pitched to me as Lost set in space (not Lost in Space), and then we pitched it as such from there, but it has evolved far beyond that. I can tell you this: visually, it will be stunning. It will also be bold and it will be subversive, and it may not be for some people, but in this age of mass content, it will absolutely stand out from the pack.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

It will also be bold and it will be subversive

in.
Tanya 93
TCTTS said:

ruddyduck said:

What's both incredibly exciting - but also a leap of faith - is the fact that I can honestly say there's nothing to compare it to. Genuinely - this isn't just lip service - there's not an existing model, even in terms of mood/feel. It was originally pitched to me as Lost set in space (not Lost in Space), and then we pitched it as such from there, but it has evolved far beyond that. I can tell you this: visually, it will be stunning. It will also be bold and it will be subversive, and it may not be for some people, but in this age of mass content, it will absolutely stand out from the pack.
Is it really going to stick with the books, or is it going well beyond that?
I love the books
TCTTS
AG
The books are definitely the roadmap, but it's too early to know how much "beyond" will be added/injected.
Tanya 93
TCTTS said:

The books are definitely the roadmap, but it's too early to know how much "beyond" will be added/injected.
Cool

Thanks.

I feel like I am one of the few that have read the series. And I am excited to see how the characters end up looking.
TCTTS
AG
Glad to hear it.
Claude!
Congratulations, dude.

Fun Claude! fact: I read Dawn as part of my Sci Fi lit class at A&M with Dr. Killingsworth.
Tanya 93
Claude! said:

Congratulations, dude.

Fun Claude! fact: I read Dawn as part of my Sci Fi lit class at A&M with Dr. Killingsworth.
I never managed to take that class.

But isn't that an amazing book?
Claude!
It was good and original, but wasn't really my style of sci fi at the time; I got a lot more out of our read of Neuromancer and Left Hand of Darkness.

Maybe I'll give Dawn another shot.
TCTTS
AG
Claude! said:

Congratulations, dude.

Ha, that's awesome. And thanks!
Redstone
AG
Nice to finally be able to make an announcement.

A lot of energy, time, and sweat from all involved.

Very few will have it takes to being a project like this to fruition. So for everyone here who cheered projects along, offering up advice, encouragement, and yes even on occasion criticism - thanks. You've made the journey even sweeter!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.